Gazebo

Pook

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been discussed much but does anyone own/use a gazebo to help with their car cleaning, and if so any pics/recommendations?

Problem I find is that it takes just a matter of minutes from a final rinse and initial dry for the car to start building up with tiny bits of fallout from the air. Then I’m reluctant to really touch the car much longer after that to fix runs and really get that shine buffed for risk of marring. A gazebo would really help this and help me enjoy the final (rewarding) touching up.

Rock awnings are highly rated, have one in our garden and they done a longer shape one which would be ideal for a car

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pook
Neighbours already think I’m a bit mental as it is so not sure how a gazebo would go down. I also wonder about the practicality cos it will probably move about in the wind and not sure how easily tethered these things are when in a driveway.

Neighbours already think I’m a bit mental as it is so not sure how a gazebo would go down. I also wonder about the practicality cos it will probably move about in the wind and not sure how easily tethered these things are when in a driveway.

Yer neighbour's know ye well then lol
Pointless getting a gazebo giving the price of them cheap ones are fragile and need anchoring we had one hanging over a outdoor lazeey spa,didn't last a month before it started getting blown about....

Reactions: NevMan
I've considered these before, if only to keep the sun off, however I would screw the legs to the wall of the house on one site and to the fence on the t'other. Probably wouldn't stop the canopy from blowing off though.
If you want a 100mph proof one there are these https://www.whitepaviliongazebos.co.uk/ but at a cost...

The one I shared survived the wind we had last week, had it tethered down with storm straps and was absolutely fine. But probably easiest and best to take it down when not in use.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yer neighbour's know ye well then lol
Pointless getting a gazebo giving the price of them cheap ones are fragile and need anchoring we had one hanging over a outdoor lazeey spa,didn't last a month before it started getting blown about....
Haha pretty much. Yea I think looking at it seems like it’s probably a bit impractical and/or very pricey. Could maybe manufacture something myself anchored from the house maybe but probably a bit of a faf. Best get myself a house with a nice big undercroft....I wish haha