Gear change snatch

tig202

Reaction score
Hi all, after having my RS for just over a week I've started to notice that from a standing start the S-Tronic box would sporadically clunk from 1st to second, it's quite a noticeable jolt/bang :(
I have a 12 month Audi Approved warranty on the car but was wondering if this is a characteristic of the gearbox?
If anyone could shed some light on this I would really appreciate it!
Also, which type of box is fitted to our 8p model?

Hi all, after having my RS for just over a week I've started to notice that from a standing start the S-Tronic box would sporadically clunk from 1st to second, it's quite a noticeable jolt/bang :(
I have a 12 month Audi Approved warranty on the car but was wondering if this is a characteristic of the gearbox?
If anyone could shed some light on this I would really appreciate it!
Also, which type of box is fitted to our 8p model?

Using VCDS do a gearbox calibration which basically returns gearbox back to factory settings to lose all the ‘“learnt” settings from the previous owner/s. Basically it’ll learn again how you drive and sort out all those clamping points

Reactions: tig202
@JayA3sline cheers for that bud, I do have a friend who is workshop controller at my local dealer, I will have a word with him to see if they would be willing to try this for me.
It is quite a jolt and it’s almost like the clutch is dragging.

Just a brief update, sent an email to Hereford Audi at 10.45am outlining the fault I was having, less than an hour later Roadside Assist was with the car checking for faults, 20 mins later its at Shrewsbury Audi being booked in for checks and 2 hours after my initial email we are having an A5 delivered as a loan car........Spot on customer service which has blown me away!
Phew, so glad I bought from an Audi garage!

Reactions: 45bvtc
I doubt Audi will do a gearbox reset FYI. That’s probably all it is, quite common when buying a used car with some milage.

I doubt Audi will do a gearbox reset FYI. That’s probably all it is, quite common when buying a used car with some milage.

please be optimistic, they just learnt how to change a lightbulb

Reactions: tig202