Sportback Gearbox oil change

Terminator x

Reaction score
Any of the old timers on here had it done yet? Noticeable better etc afterwards? My car just coming up to 40k (!) which is when it is supposed to be changed although that does seem high to me ...

Booked in with Audi of course and they tell me it is £65!! Didn't think the technicians got out of bed for less than £500 with the RS3 :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Any of the old timers on here had it done yet? Noticeable better etc afterwards? My car just coming up to 40k (!) which is when it is supposed to be changed although that does seem high to me ...

Booked in with Audi of course and they tell me it is £65!! Didn't think the technicians got out of bed for less than £500 with the RS3 :tearsofjoy:

TX.
Wow, that must be the oil or labour cost, can't be both!

Be interested in your thoughts after the change.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Snap their hand off for that - fixed price Audi on an S3 was £170 when I had mine done. Went to an independent in the end as I had it done at 30k miles but I’m certain it was noisier afterwards possibly thinner oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: T-800
I change the oil each 15000km and Haldex- DSG each 30000km

no difference noticeable.

regards

Nah £65 isn’t right, my Dads A4 S Tronic is booked in next week and it’s around £300!!

Audi said to be very critical on it being done for the gearbox, from our service advisor.

Reactions: Rob2k68
When I changed the DSG oil on the GTD it cost me £100 for the 6 litres of oil & filter......VW do it for £170

It cost me around £170 at Stafford Audi when they changed my DSG fluid / filter on the 8P RS3.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and DW81
I think I know what I will be doing come s tronic oil change time, £100 for oil and filter is a pretty good price and a few hours of your time

When I changed the DSG oil on the GTD it cost me £100 for the 6 litres of oil & filter......VW do it for £170

It cost me around £170 at Stafford Audi when they changed my DSG fluid / filter on the 8P RS3.
Do you need vcds to monitor the oil temps mate when doing this work?

Do you need vcds to monitor the oil temps mate when doing this work?

Yes you do...min of 45-50deg before dropping the fluid.
Using advanced measuring values in VCDS.
42a7ff4ead151f4156baa7075e86f6cc.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68 and DW81
Yes you do...min of 45-50deg before dropping the fluid.
Using advanced measuring values in VCDS.
42a7ff4ead151f4156baa7075e86f6cc.jpg

Thread revival !!!

What's the reason for checking the gear oil temp? How do you do this with VCDS?

What oil is required for the gearbox on an A3 2016 8v manual 6 speed 150tdi s-line quattro?

Apart from gearbox oil and Haldex oil, is there any other oil required on the transmission?

Are there any how to documents or videos for vcds and the oil changes (I know how to do the haldex unit already) ?

Thread revival !!!

What's the reason for checking the gear oil temp? How do you do this with VCDS?

What oil is required for the gearbox on an A3 2016 8v manual 6 speed 150tdi s-line quattro?

Apart from gearbox oil and Haldex oil, is there any other oil required on the transmission?

Are there any how to documents or videos for vcds and the oil changes (I know how to do the haldex unit already) ?

Audi specify a temp range as oil expands as it gets warmer.
You have a ‘window’ with the temp range so as to allow any excess oil to drain out before putting the drain plug back in.

With VCDS go into 02 auto trans and select Advanced measuring values.
Scroll through the list until you find transmission fluid temp and tick the box to select it, you’ll see it come up in the main screen along with the current temp.

As yours is a manual the procedure will be different so it may be worth seeking a tutorial and for oil spec etc try Opie oils online and type in your reg to get the info you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: