Gearbox software update

zseth

Reaction score
hey all

After calling out audi breakdown assist who were very responsive and provided a good service, the cause of drive fault was software related whoch they updated on site to resolve the matter,

I thought id be cheeky and ask if there are any gearbox updates for the s5 and he said he will look into it,

20 mins later engine software updated and also the gearbox software updated whoch was released approx 2 weeks ago

Wo for those who were wandering if any updates to resolve the stodgy gear changes and jerkiness - it appears there is.

Will update this thread once iv driven the car as still moping around in pj’s lol

Reactions: Buck
Went out in car earlier

I must say the car now feels much more responsive and sharper at throttle making the drive smoother and effortless.

Seems to be a big improvement and gear changes feel a bit more prompt (hard to describe but feels right)

Im liking the drive even more now

That’s a pain as my car just had a service and they didn’t mention an update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely if it rectifies a known ‘issue’ owners should be able to request the update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just to confirm, the software update does indeed seem to make a big difference .Car seems better in Comfort mode and more aggressive in Dynamic.

Thanks for the heads up on this!

I don't know .I just complained of poor gear changes and they found the software update .

It's a 'TPI' of some kind but won't get it unless you complain I suspect .

At long last I have been complaining about my S4 g/box for 2 years (sorry I know this is an S5 post but basically same running gear) Took my 2017 B9 for its sevice and complained again and they said there was an update . It has made a big differance.

Reactions: Simonwhite2000
@CH 12 how has it made a difference? What are the improvements?

Thanks

Anyone from England? How much Audi dealer will charge to update the software for an automatic gearbox multitronic? Thanks