General driving rant.

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
A rant about basic driving standards on the roads.
I always try follow road signs, high way code, speed limits and do things correct. I've given up driving like a angry wasp with a rocket up my ***.

If I got any where on a dual carriage way or a motorway I set the cruise control to 60/70 and sit at that speed till I need to turn off.
I've noticed more and more people speeding up so I can over take, over taking me and then slowing down again so I over take them. It's no real problem but I don't understand why people insist on playing the leap frog game or stopping people over taking or even speeding up just as you over took them so you can finish off your maneuver.

And another thing, any one else noticed people beeping or getting stressing when your letting one out or merge your lane?
Or people sitting in the slow lane when your trying to join the motorway and refusing to move over to let you join? They even do it with trucks.
And people having ago at you when they do something wrong or if your going all the way round around about cause you have to go back up the road you just came from?
Or people cutting the middle of the round about off and forcing you to mount the round about and parking in the middle like a *****?

There is so many motorists I just want to ram off the road for not following basic road signs or the high way code.
Fecking taxis drivers and buses as well who think they own the road.

Ahh Grrr.
I'm off to sleep!

many things iv learnt in my years on English roads are the facts that the motorist is in such a hurry that they left there manors in the boot of the car and the other fact is that eveyone owns the road, Middle Lane Morons are the reason why this country is in the traffic mess that we see on the motorways today,

If your not over taking the car in the lane to your left, Move on over into it and get the **** out the way of other cars wishing to move at a faster pace! simple really!

That way we solve many of the problems face by drivers attitudes leaving the rest of the drivers to go about there trip untroubled,

ok, i will get my coat!

I agree.
On my way home today, I was in the slow lane and noticed a merc, Audi and Ford in the middle lane, there was nothing in any other lane. I was doing 60 and moving away from them.
I drove in France and that was some of the best motorway discipline I've seen. Wish the brits drove like that.

i think the far lane should have a faster speed limit to allow people to over take as people still sit at 70 in the outside lane and its rearly annoying and lorrys over taking each other shouldnt be allowed they take about 5 hours to over take one another

i think the far lane should have a faster speed limit to allow people to over take as people still sit at 70 in the outside lane and its rearly annoying and lorrys over taking each other shouldnt be allowed they take about 5 hours to over take one another

That will create alot more problems.

You will get a miles and miles of trucks doing sub 50PMH or slower in the slow lane and refushing to let people join the motorway.
Its just a silly idea.
The idea of limiting trucks and vans to 55mph or less is daft as well.

And what are indicators for??? they don't fecking use them!!!!! raaaar...

That will create alot more problems.

You will get a miles and miles of trucks doing sub 50PMH or slower in the slow lane and refushing to let people join the motorway.
Its just a silly idea.
The idea of limiting trucks and vans to 55mph or less is daft as well.

true i can see your point

I hate people who drive at a constant 2mph because they are lost/trying to find somewhere, or who drive at a decent speed but brake and slow to 2mph at every junction they pass just in case that is the road they are looking for.

Please JUST PULL THE **** OVER AND LET ME GET ON WITH MY LIFE.

And I hate people who don't say thanks when I let them out of a turning, pull over to let them pass, etc etc.

And I hate people who don't indicate at mini roundabouts so I end up waiting when really I could've pulled out and gone on my way.

And I hate people who beep learners because they haven't pulled off from a set of traffic lights quickly enough.

And I hate people who pull up right to the back of your car when you have stopped and are indicating with your reverse lights on trying to do a reverse park.

I agree with all of them.
All a right pin the ***.

I hate the people that speeds up when coming to a section of road that narrows when its your right away.

Worst hate for me is when you have 2 lanes at a set of traffic lights, and the right hand lane is straight and right turn. If people were to turn right, they need to stop at the junction due to oncoming traffic and therefore hold people up behind them

So why the **** do they sit at the lights whilst they're red, with me behind them wanting to go forward, and then as soon as the lights go green put their indicator on to go right and cause me to sit behind them like a fuding tool!? :gun2:

I agree with all of them.
All a right pin the ***.

I hate the people that speeds up when coming to a section of road that narrows when its your right away.

I hate that.

Worst hate for me is when you have 2 lanes at a set of traffic lights, and the right hand lane is straight and right turn. If people were to turn right, they need to stop at the junction due to oncoming traffic and therefore hold people up behind them

So why the **** do they sit at the lights whilst they're red, with me behind them wanting to go forward, and then as soon as the lights go green put their indicator on to go right and cause me to sit behind them like a fuding tool!? :gun2:

And I hate this even more!
I beep the **** out of them.

Its just a silly idea.
The idea of limiting trucks and vans to 55mph or less is daft as well.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the first part of your statement but defo don't agree with the second.
Speed limiting of trucks is essentail for safety reasons. Would you really want a truck/trailer combo and large trucks and vans speeding down the motorway at 70mph? What happens if a tyre has a blow out?(remoulds are legal remember) what happens if the brakes or other mechanical parts fail? You would have a 44tonne vehicle out of control at excessive speed. I work for a transport company, and have seen the result of blow out, and i have also seen first hand the result of a head on collision between a truck doing 50pmh and a car doing the same and its not pretty i can tell you.
Sorry, but as a qualified transport manager i can definatly see the logic behind speed limiting trucks. Increases Eco,reliability and safety.

I hate it on roads where it clearly states its an NSL road, then it turns to a 40mph road, but they insist on doing 50 all the way through both roads!!!

Carrying on with the bad driving rant, I nearly shat my pants just now!

So making my way down a road which is just 2 way traffic with 2 lanes, I'm following an OAP in his fully loaded(4 up!) brand spanking new Chevrolet doing 20mph!, I've got no problems with this however, this is how they drive.... BUT we are now following a cyclist now doing approx. 10mph!!, again, I've got no problems with this...

Now here comes the shocking bit, there's an opening on the otherside of the road, so Mr. OAP pulls out to make an overtake move, and when I say pull out, he's literally driving on the wrong side of the road, and he accellerated to his 20mph speed to make the manouver!! Now there's a car coming towards blazing it's lights and beeping it's horn, they had to take evasive action and make an emergency brake lol, I had to do the same on my side of the road, as if there was contact, the Chevrolet would come to a stand still with me launching into the rear of it. I swear my life just flashed by me! :ohmy:

Of course the OAP driver finished off his overtake like nothing had happened and just went on his merry way... probably oblivious as to what just could have happened!

Now this is the type of drive we need to rid of on our roads, they are just not safe, and that error of judgement is not the first time I've seen it happen, and I'm sure a few of you have been is similar situations also.

For the record the big boss of swansea derv-la nearly ran my friend off the m4. Was trying to climb into the boot and forcing in out the way! Obviously my friend moved out his way. But still SHAME ON HIM! SHAME ON HIM! SHAME ON HIM!

I drove in to town yesterday to pick the misses up.
On my way in I join the A38, same route I take every day when I'm going to work or any where really.
And at least once a week when I'm trying to join the A38 there is some P****K staying in the left hand lane refushing to move over for me to join.
This time I was on the slip road picking up speed, look over and there is car sat there, he looks at me, I speed up and he matches my speed.
forceing my break to stay in the slip road that is starting to get very narrow this time.
**** it, I'm not in the mood to play this game, so I speed up past 70 and start to move over, he picked up speed but I carried on moving over.
He eventuly slowed down and let me join, with some words, hand signals and beeps.
**** it, May be I should have slowed down to sub 60 so I could pull him behind him but why? If did not speed up to block me I could have joined with out any issues or if he moved out. There was nothing next to him to stop him from moving over to let me join.

I hate it. GRRR