General help

Frankw88

Reaction score
Hi all

Just purchased an Audi A5 3.0 tdi Quattro s line black edition with 78000 miles and a full service

It’s due a gearbox oil change and full service in 3500 miles

Think it needs new discs and pads on the front as they’re a vibration under braking

Is they’re anything else I should do whilst it’s in the garage any preventive stuff or anything else to look at??

Any software updates?

My first ever Audi as I’ve always been bmw before but fancied a change and any help much appreciated

Thanks

Frank

Diff oil change and Brake fluid is worth doing at that mileage if it’s not been done recently

You could ask them to check how the ash volume and soot mass measured in your DPF as it stands, and when the last time it did a regen. You want both measurements to be low as possible, and the regen capability to be functional and working, including exhaust gas temperature sensor readings - these make it all work and consequently run properly.

I say this as mine hasn't done it in 43,000KM and is blocked up like a kitchen sink, will not regen due to a fudged signal somehow, and it will not seriously boost or rev past 3,000RPM. It puts a downer on the enjoyment on the car, and I wouldn't want anyone to suffer the same issue.

Hi all

Just purchased an Audi A5 3.0 tdi Quattro s line black edition with 78000 miles and a full service

It’s due a gearbox oil change and full service in 3500 miles

Think it needs new discs and pads on the front as they’re a vibration under braking

Is they’re anything else I should do whilst it’s in the garage any preventive stuff or anything else to look at??

Any software updates?

My first ever Audi as I’ve always been bmw before but fancied a change and any help much appreciated

Thanks

Frank
Hopefully this will br of use - page from the manual showing additional service items and the suggested intervals