Gentle, but expensive, reminder regarding libel on websites

adamrawling

Reaction score
I know Audi-Sport.net is very friendly and good natured, but it's worth taking a look at this very important piece of case law:

Linky

It's always worth bearing this in mind before saying anything too excitable on cyberspace.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'm sure our Efficient and well respected MODS will have stepped in long before we get to this - HOPEFULLY

[ QUOTE ]
I know Audi-Sport.net is very friendly and good natured, but it's worth taking a look at this very important piece of case law:

Linky

It's always worth bearing this in mind before saying anything too excitable on cyberspace.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lard brain... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Well you'll all be pleased to know I've written some stuff on another some what larger forum that could potentially be very irritating if the wrong person reads it... but hey ho if the **** in question is going to lie about his identity I feel I should post it one one of the largest forums in the uk.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Just thought people might be interested - won't bother next time.

[ QUOTE ]
Well you'll all be pleased to know I've written some stuff on another some what larger forum that could potentially be very irritating if the wrong person reads it... but hey ho if the **** in question is going to lie about his identity I feel I should post it one one of the largest forums in the uk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give us a pointer god_thats_quick, which forum should we be looking at? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah dish the dirt now.......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

I'm a big fan of The Apprentice. The five fellas left are:

Ansell
Paul
Samuel
Syed
Tuan

Syed looks to be the most irritating.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Just thought people might be interested - won't bother next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure this wasn't a sarcastic reference to one of the terms used in the original case?

I think you may find it is... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'l get used to the humour of our scottish admins over time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't take it personally, it was said in fun.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye, if you read the link you posted to the legal action cited the first insult as "Lard Brain"....

Sarcasm, the lowest form of wit perhaps, but prevelant here...

No offence /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tuan is a true petrolhead by the way and a nice chap, his garage at the end of last year included a Lamobo Murci, F360 and a TVR Sagaris - and they wouldn't let him turn up to the house in his Lambo - to/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gifers!

I also think he is about the only one on the show that is already very sucessful.

Sarcasm is the only was I can make it through life without needing to by a machine gun and "off" some people - the only problem is it's completely lost on most of the americans I have to speak to on a daily basis (I get those funny silences on conference calls whenever I make a joke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry David R - it was too late last night for me to get that! I was being a bit slow!. No offence taken. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You'l get used to the humour of our scottish admins over time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Humour which is most definately of the English nature...as neither myself or David are actually Scots... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

may i just say that if to become successful i need to act like a complete moron with no brain then im all for it as i have a a level in both, now where can i get one of those application forms for The apprentice, and will Harry Hill take the p out of me on a saturday night, what are the chances of that happening, must dash as its time for the badgers parade, dirty badger your FIRED

TDI-Line can you stop sending me those pics over on swingingheaven please!!!

Admins - If you stay up in Scotland too long it all rubs off and sticks. You end up being Scottish enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Admins - If you stay up in Scotland too long it all rubs off and sticks. You end up being Scottish enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll think you'll find it doesn't...

I don't mind taking their jobs and their women...but I draw the line at the nationality. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Humour which is most definately of the English nature...as neither myself or David are actually Scots... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt realise David was English too - did you set out looking for ex-pats when you came North /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I don't mind taking their jobs and their women...but I draw the line at the nationality. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And what's wrong with the nationality??

Sounds libelous to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I didnt realise David was English too - did you set out looking for ex-pats when you came North /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?
I'd have thought David was much more obviously English...

As for looking for ex-pats...nah, I was 6 when I relocated north...and that was a long time ago.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?
I'd have thought David was much more obviously English...

As for looking for ex-pats...nah, I was 6 when I relocated north...and that was a long time ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, it getting that there will be more Scots on this forum than English.

Glen, are you implying that because David is so well spoken that he must be English LOL - Aye, thats a fair cop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

BTW, is Scotland officially a Nation?

3dflagsdotcom_uksco_2fawl.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like all those to**ers in the Cabinet

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Ess_Three says, we're here for their jobs and their women! Been here since I was 7, and I'm still pround of my english accent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, is Scotland officially a Nation?

[/ QUOTE ]

They seem to think so:

"It's SH!TE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the f*cking Earth! The most wretched miserable servile pathetic trash that was ever shat on civilization. Some people hate the English. I don't. They're just w*nkers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by w*nkers. Can't even find a decent culture to get colonized by. We're ruled by effete assholes. It's a sh!te state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and all the fresh air in the world won't make any f*cking difference! "

Ahem

The women??? You into blue skin, a few too many chip suppers and donned in a brilliant white shell suit with excessive bling gold jewellery? LOL - I need to get out of Kilwinning!!!

Glad you kept your accent, when my coz from Doncaster comes up here to stay with me it only takes a week for her to loose her accent (and the slight lisp too ????)

I agree with Renton - I dont hate the English - well, maybe just Londoners /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Like Ess_Three says, we're here for their jobs and their women! Been here since I was 7, and I'm still pround of my english accent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How old are you now then Chris?

My accent does change depending on circumstances...I can pass for a local if I want to...
Normally though, I suppose I'm just a non-placable non-native.

32 now.......my god it's been 25 years in this grey hell!

The English think I'm Scottish / the Scottish think I'm English. My accent goes either way to. Very useful at times.

[ QUOTE ]

The English think I'm Scottish / the Scottish think I'm English. My accent goes either way to. Very useful at times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds familiar!

[ QUOTE ]
With a 911 in your garage, I'm hoping you're slightly older then me?

[/ QUOTE ]

2 years...

I've been in the right place, at the right time when certain Oil companies have been handing out redundancy packages...

EnCana (Amerada Hess) kindly paid a sizable chunk of my new C4S!

You can tell I'm not that old, nor wise, or I'd have spent the money in a more sensible (or should that say responsible) way...

[ QUOTE ]

You can tell I'm not that old, nor wise, or I'd have spent the money in a more sensible (or should that say responsible) way...

[/ QUOTE ]

No... Do it whilst you can and enjoy it! I have some similar (stupid plans) for the near future /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kev.

[ QUOTE ]
The women??? You into blue skin, a few too many chip suppers and donned in a brilliant white shell suit with excessive bling gold jewellery? LOL - I need to get out of Kilwinning!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ewan...you need to get out more!!

Recently I have sampled Dundee's finest nightlife (thanks to the hospitality of David R) and very fine viewing it made too...

Even my hometown of Ellon is respectable.

We shall see what Aberdeen has to offer soon...

[ QUOTE ]

Glad you kept your accent, when my coz from Doncaster comes up here to stay with me it only takes a week for her to loose her accent (and the slight lisp too ????)

[/ QUOTE ]

Doncaster?
That's not far from where I'm from...Scunthorpe!

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with Renton - I dont hate the English - well, maybe just Londoners /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but everyone hates the southerners, don't they? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

No... Do it whilst you can and enjoy it! I have some similar (stupid plans) for the near future /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my thought Kev..
Young enough to enjoy it...old enough to not crash it within the first week...oh, and afford the insurance (just)

If you have the means & desire...do it!
There is no feeling like it...a car like that just pushes bittons other cars can't...ans makes you feel special every time you look at it, never mind drive it.

I giggle every time I start it...it's great!!

[ QUOTE ]

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, bought this week:

£1k Swissol stuff
£2.2k ECS brakes (thanks Rich)
£1.5k wheels/tyres
£500 Forge stuff and a Neuspeed ARB

Enjoying every minute of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

(and blowing off some savings)