Genuine Audi DataPlug 81A051629 For Audi Connect Services £36.00

creweaudiparts

t.fox@creweaudi.co.uk
Reaction score
Genuine Audi DataPlug For Audi Connect Services

upload_2021-2-8_10-7-49-png.215479

Genuine Part Number - 81A051629

Fits most models from 2008 - onwards

The Audi DataPlug is the basis for the use of the Audi connect Plug and Play app. The Audi DataPlug is plugged into the onboard diagnostic interface (OBD 2). With the app, the smartphone can then be connected via Bluetooth via the Audi DataPlug with the vehicle. The Audi connect Plug and Play app offers the driver a variety of important information about the vehicle and journeys. This includes, for example, a digital log book with export function, driving style analysis with information on fuel or power-saving driving, important vehicle data at a glance, coordination of servicing dates and much more.

£36.00 Inc UK Delivery

Anyone had any experience with these? any good?

bought an 2017 S4 last week it came with one of these info isnt too bad its better than the MMI online my audi app for my car. but its bluetooth so realtime data not available until connected near the car.

if your audi is post 2017 with the sos feature then the my audi app is much better with more info and features available at all times.

@creweaudi
Is the app compatible with carplay and AA ? Or does it have to be viewed through the phone
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

you need to download the Audi dataplug app from the google store or IOS, not viewable on the cars MMI

I've checked the app (not got a dongle) and definitely not Android Auto compatible.
You'd have thought they'd have made it compatible. The useless information it shows would look better on the mmi through aa or carplay

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The find my car function looks useful. The video saves it til last then glosses over it too quickly. Does it work like a tracker?

The find my car function looks useful. The video saves it til last then glosses over it too quickly. Does it work like a tracker?
nah waste of money to be fair.

Would be a bit pointless as a tracker! It plugs into the obd port which is (by design) the most visible and accessible place there is right by your feet!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Had one for a VW Golf a while back. Got it for free from the dealership. My experience may differ from Audi but I doubt it too much.

It wasn’t bad, told me how I was driving and how I could improve. This was shown over the top of the route I’d taken. It tried to help track fuel expenses etc too.

After a while I found it wasn’t brilliant at connecting and failed on some occasions.

I’d rate it 5/10 for usefulness on understanding how you might improve you’re driving.

I've got one. It's OK, a bit gimmicky. The driving challenges are throw away fun. It gives you info of where you last parked your car but certainly doesn't track it.

Would I buy it again? Probably not.

Reactions: SRC