Genuine Grill and Bonnet Badges in Black?

Dubjam

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Solutions
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Audi do these in a gloss black rather than the chrome?

Ive seen eBay specials, but want to keep it original

Im pretty sure Audi don't sell them in black, never seen one from the factory with it as an option.
There are plenty online or on eBay that look OEM

Yes i did speak to Audi and they where particularly unhelpful :)

Thanks Ash, i might have the originals painted...see you tomorow btw

Could be wrong but I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that audi do them in black for the q7, don't know if that helps. Doesn't surprise me that they were unhelpful to be honest. On another note I've seen somewhere before that people vinyl wrap their badges, could save you a bit of money if you're handy with that kind of thing.

The ones I have are solid black ABS plastic (as far as I know.) Not much of an issue for the back ones of course but they seem to me to be very durable material and I suspect it will take a sizeable force to break them. I was very concerned that wrapping or painting the originals wouldn't stand the test of time.

My Xenonz grille then came with a new set of black rings that looked to be made of the exact same material. Still happy with the whole setup.

Even if Audi did do it for the Q7 they would look hideous on the A3 as they are huge!

I wasn't suggesting using the q7 rings, just a thought that if they do them for a q7 then they might possibly do them for other models. Although I didn't realise their was much of a size difference between models.

Get some from eBay gloss black I had them on my t'other S3 and they look spot on. Not cheap looking

Out of interest.. I'm looking to get hold of a set of standard chrome fromt and rear audi badges if anyone has there's available??

Out of interest.. I'm looking to get hold of a set of standard chrome fromt and rear audi badges if anyone has there's available??
I can check tomoz for you think I've got some standard front ones from my old s3, I'll check tomoz for you.

Reactions: Frazzly
Frazz I've not had chance to look but I'm replacing my drop links tomoz and I'm more than sure there with my tools so I'll drop u a pm tomoz as soon as I check. If I have then u can av them for price of a pint mate if that's ok.?!

Reactions: Frazzly
If you have no joy from above, I will probably be replacing my chrome ones off my 2012 Sline, so great condition, with black, so we could work something out if you want them