Genuine RS3 19" Rotor Alloys

PigPen

Reaction score
Anyone found a dealership or independent doing offers for a full set?

Has anyone found an alternative for winter wheels? Had an 18" winter set substitute for my 19" normal wheels on my Subaru and they looked shi*e in comparison and with the weather it's getting to 6 months for each.

That'll be just shy of £4k for a set with tyres then. Best buy a Jimny and keep it in the garage for £1k then!

Hi pigpen your could get after market alloys ,like bbs ch or mtms , there where 2 oem rotors on ebay they went for 180 each without tyres ...

221a42e362de63b94b230e63302d2643_zpsd78eb10c.jpg

3e3fdce711e2bef7bb0253101a91e80f_zps53cfa9bb.jpg

745af8025cc39b36e4d7a23f1cebfe3c_zps27a6d17a.jpg

I believe a few people including myself went 18* aftermarket rims as it appeared at the time of buying tyre they were cheaper to get than 19" tyres. Managed to get a set of R8 V8 replica rims, had them refurbished anthracite and stuck slightly used Conti TS830S's (they do great winter tyres, pity about the summer ones!) on them for £800 all in.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b149/GSCollie/RS3/P1010021-1.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b149/GSCollie/RS3/P1010022.jpg

Some others went for MAMS which looked good as well, bit like the MTM Bimotos but a lot chepaer.

I would go with non OEM's ( and indeed have done ), but if you want RS3 Rotor's, then look on Ebay Germany as they often have sets and they are cheaper than in the UK for some reason....market forces perhaps ?

I purchased my wheels with winter tyres from Alloy Wheels Direct in November 2011 see:

Audi alloy wheels | Genuine new 19" Audi 5 Arm Rotor | fits Audi RS3 8P Sportback | Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd

The wheels these guys supply ARE genuine Audi original wheels, Audi Part No: 8P0601025CP @ 19-inch x 8J ET50: they are not Mickey Mouse copies (as some on eBay most definitely are).

So, yer pays yer money and makes yer choice...

Life ain't cheap!

BUT it could be bl**dy expensive if a fake wheel were to break at the wrong moment...

You've only four of the round thingies on yer car with black stuff around the outside and that's all that's contacting you and yours with the road!

Note: Road wheels are a SAFETY CRITICAL item, it's NOT like changing yer exhaust pipe, SatNav, or the colour of yer seats, please guys...

Last edited:
Whilst I see what you are saying, a lot of aftermarket wheels are TUV approved so if you get a set like this the chances of them buckling or going wrong is about as much as it is with the OE Ronal wheels you have. Remember it's not so long ago that a certain B5 RS4 had soft wheels and masses of them were replaced.

Oem split rims and tyres can be picked up for about 1200 or cheaper if you find the right deal ...

Whilst I see what you are saying, a lot of aftermarket wheels are TUV approved so if you get a set like this the chances of them buckling or going wrong is about as much as it is with the OE Ronal wheels you have. Remember it's not so long ago that a certain B5 RS4 had soft wheels and masses of them were replaced.

Whatever P_G, but Piggles asked for my advice/what have I've given him. And he's asked both here and directly to me via e-mail. And what I've done, and/or recommend, is what I've done and would seriously recommend.

I just don't get it that guys can spend 35 to 48K on an RS3 and then put a set of dumpty alloys on this 340BHP machine and think they and their loved ones are gonna be safe!

If you can't afford it then just don't.............

That may be but your line of thought but as a rarity on this occassion it is flawed so to give someone else that advice and then ignore another member's advice and research, really?

There are wheel manufacturers out there that manufacture stronger wheels than Audi and their suppliers. Don't be fooled into thinking OEM wheels are the last thing in safety, they are as good as some reputable wheel manufacturers out there and occasionally worse.

HRE, MAM, MTM, Sportec, BBS are but to name a few that are TUV approved, the same rating Audi use. My winter wheels are Ronal, same os OEM. And believe me I do my research on any part I put on the car to ensure it is as good if not better than OEM otherwise there is little point.

But I did say P_G, in post #16: "So, yer pays yer money and makes yer choice..."

That may be but your line of thought but as a rarity on this occassion it is flawed so to give someone else that advice and then ignore another member's advice and research, really?

There are wheel manufacturers out there that manufacture stronger wheels than Audi and their suppliers. Don't be fooled into thinking OEM wheels are the last thing in safety, they are as good as some reputable wheel manufacturers out there and occasionally worse.

HRE, MAM, MTM, Sportec, BBS are but to name a few that are TUV approved, the same rating Audi use. My winter wheels are Ronal, same os OEM. And believe me I do my research on any part I put on the car to ensure it is as good if not better than OEM otherwise there is little point.

Can you provide me a link to the wheels you have got?

I've well and truly passed the parcel, P_G; good luck....

OK this was meant to be a serious question I appreciate what 45bvtc is saying and I now have a price for the genuine alloys. Can someone also give me some suggestions for a 'good as' alloy as the originals so I can compare the prices? Above all else the originals suit the car so if winter wheels are on for 6 months I don't really want something that doesn't look as good but I would like to look at the options. Cheers

It is hard to answer your query Pigpen only because it is down to personal choice, what we could recommend you may not like. I like you would only consider a couple of options and I went for the R8 style wheel because they were an Audi stle patter. That said if I could have found some Sportec Mono 10's I would have had them.

If you go to the Winter wheels thread IIRC there are some pictures of the wheels I and other decided upon. Suffice to say reputable wheel manufacturers will produce wheels to the same or better standard than Audi approved wheel suppliers and are ofetn the same people but 45bvtc is right, you get what you pay for. I just don't believe you have to pay £3k for winter wheels and tyres.

It means they will stick out a further 9mm than your OEM ones (50-41) ... you could get some rubbing of the arches depending on tyre width choice.

Is that right I thought it would be 9mm less? They also suggested 8.5 but surely that would be another half an inch further out?