German plates - recommendations

jbcalvin

Hi guys,

Starting to work on the mods for this year, got some nice number plate surrounds last year and looking for pressed german plates to go with them...

Have seen a few on e-bay, but unsure of quality and want to pick my own design (with EU logo etc as I drive in Europe)...

can anyone make any recommendations???

Cheers

Steve

CMD

Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!
the plateman (ebay) or Venomotor sport.

Stubie

Elite car care do them too ! I had my legal presses plates from craigsplates , had to send my documents etc !

jbcalvin

Cheers guys, will check a few of these out.....

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
remember its now a £30 fine per plate if VOSA pull you into a layby for a spot cheek with any plates other than the BS MOT pass plates on your car,

Widemonkeys

1st Gear
+1 for the plate man on eBay. That's where mine are from and they look great.

Bean5

D5_SNS
Slightly confused!!
I wouldn't mind a set of German plates I was always under the impression that they wernt legal! But a few of you mentioned "legal plate makers" and then the £30 fine per plate warning!!!

Can anyone clear this up?

vroomtshh

German plates are illegal.
Pressed plates from dubmeister/elite car care are legal. But no German symbol on them.

JamS3

It's a £60 fixed penalty if you're running illegal plates and unlucky enough to get stopped.

And if you have a personalised plate DVLA can revoke it and keep it with persistent offending!

Turkster

Iv had the tug by the VOSA boys accompanied by the local Police force and offered a nice tasty fine of £60 but as luck had it i had a set of 100% road legal plates in the boot that was ready to be put onto the car then and then so i was let off, the lads in the car behind me got really screwed over for red diesel, number plates and no road tax all in one hit!

Bean5

D5_SNS
right i see, so pressed plates (no logo) are fine so long as the lettering and spacing is kept standard?

Turkster

any plates that don't hold the BS (British Standards) details are not accepted for road use from what i learnt.

dejongj

I have the Dubmeister ones and they are fine. Although at MOT time they wanted to write an advisory which I strongly contested (and they backed down) as they a fully legal BS plates. They look nice as well will a nice rising and a decent edge.

ChrisFurlong

Avantageous
I've been running German pressed plates for years now. Never had any problems from DVLA/VOSA/Police or on MOT. Always carry my old standard UK plates in the boot. As long as you don't play with the spacing of the letters, and use a GB logo instead of a D, I reckon you'll be fine. My car begs to be pulled over (and I never have been!) and many a time I've had the police behind me and nothing. Think they can just see that I like my car :)

deanski

wax on, wax off
what if you run them in plate surrounds? does the BS mark have to be visible all the time as my surrounds from Awesome cover up the BS and makers postcode.

marktdisport

legally they must be visable so if the law are pulling you up for the plates they will try and do you if it cant be read