German plates - recommendations

jbcalvin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Starting to work on the mods for this year, got some nice number plate surrounds last year and looking for pressed german plates to go with them...

Have seen a few on e-bay, but unsure of quality and want to pick my own design (with EU logo etc as I drive in Europe)...

can anyone make any recommendations???

Cheers

Steve

the plateman (ebay) or Venomotor sport.

Elite car care do them too ! I had my legal presses plates from craigsplates , had to send my documents etc !

Slightly confused!!
I wouldn't mind a set of German plates I was always under the impression that they wernt legal! But a few of you mentioned "legal plate makers" and then the £30 fine per plate warning!!!

Can anyone clear this up?

It's a £60 fixed penalty if you're running illegal plates and unlucky enough to get stopped.

Iv had the tug by the VOSA boys accompanied by the local Police force and offered a nice tasty fine of £60 but as luck had it i had a set of 100% road legal plates in the boot that was ready to be put onto the car then and then so i was let off, the lads in the car behind me got really screwed over for red diesel, number plates and no road tax all in one hit!

right i see, so pressed plates (no logo) are fine so long as the lettering and spacing is kept standard?

I have the Dubmeister ones and they are fine. Although at MOT time they wanted to write an advisory which I strongly contested (and they backed down) as they a fully legal BS plates. They look nice as well will a nice rising and a decent edge.

I've been running German pressed plates for years now. Never had any problems from DVLA/VOSA/Police or on MOT. Always carry my old standard UK plates in the boot. As long as you don't play with the spacing of the letters, and use a GB logo instead of a D, I reckon you'll be fine. My car begs to be pulled over (and I never have been!) and many a time I've had the police behind me and nothing. Think they can just see that I like my car :)

what if you run them in plate surrounds? does the BS mark have to be visible all the time as my surrounds from Awesome cover up the BS and makers postcode.

legally they must be visable so if the law are pulling you up for the plates they will try and do you if it cant be read