Germany 2-3 England

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Absolutely brilliant!!!!!!!

No place for Wayne Rooney in this England squad.

Reactions: jojo and voorhees
Rooney will be in it,it looks great these young lads beating England but cannot beat experiance

Rooney will be in it,it looks great these young lads beating England but cannot beat experiance
I know what you mean, Jase, but what exactly is Rooney's tournament experience? Aside from a couple of decent performances in Euro 2004, all he's done since then is turn up half-recovered from injury and play like a part-timer clogger. Why will it be different this time?

Replace that donkey Welbeck with Vardy and Henderson with Barkley and that line up tonight can go a long way this summer.

Was nice seeing an England side that could string more than 3 passes together for once.

Rooney should have been dropped years ago.

Reactions: Ghost
I hope you get your wish and we win the tournament but well time will tell

Replace that donkey Welbeck with Vardy and Henderson with Barkley and that line up tonight can go a long way this summer.

Was nice seeing an England side that could string more than 3 passes together for once.

Rooney should have been dropped years ago.

That's harsh. When Vardy came onto the field, he had a fresh pair of legs. I think an ideal role for him is to play as a supersub role, to come on in the 2nd half onwards. Barkley goes missing too from games, but when he's good, he's generally really good. I'm really liking the look of Alli aswell, he's all round game is excellent, and he's only 19!, loads of potential there.

I think we're entering a new generation of English football, and the future looks bright. But can they perform in the Big Tournaments? I really hope they do!! :footy:

Reactions: Ghost and voorhees