Getting bored of stage 1..

Abz17

Reaction score
So I've been running a stage 1 map from AMD tuning with a milltek catback on my S3 for 10 months now and seem to be getting bored of the sound and its power delivery. Any advice on where to go next?! Looking into downpipe and decat but reading a lot of mixed reviews on it. Looking at CAI but not sure which one and if it's beneficial as well as a DV+ Also 50/50 on whether I need a DSG map for drive ability and torque increase. But is it really worth the £200
The car is also a daily for me and completely stock apart from the map and catback.

Any suggestions or ideas will be great from you guys.

Don't read my thread then.....

Stg2 or 2+ would be the most logical move unless you want a big turbo conversion.

Decat is simply not worth it until you reach big turbos.
CAI definitely IS worth it,and required for any further remaps.....the best currently would be the Revo,although i still use the old ITG,which is good even for my car.

You can trust AMDTuning to advise you re DSG mapping etc,as they did a lot of work on my car over the yrs.

Reactions: grainqey
I went from bluefin stage 1 to APR 1+ then APR 2+ and found the whole process extremely interesting and rewarding as the car runs really well now. Also good bang for bucks at stage 2+. Anymore involves turbo modification which can get costly.
So the first thing to consider is how much cash you want to spend.
You have a Milltek cat back and so aMilltek downpipe would join up well.
Not sure about the decat route as you either need a mate doing the MOT or have the **** of swooping things over, more cost.
Is the slight extra performance really worth the hassle?
I am one of the rare people that has been stopped for a roadside exhaust check. It was in my Dad's F reg Nova and luckily it passed although it had no cat due to age.
Intakes are personal, you can find good and bad reviews on most of them. Bigger is not always better. Do some research, if you want noise you need an open cone. I bought Neuspeed and happy with it.

Cheapest upgrade with definite results would be Autotech internals into your fuel pump. AMD may have a 1+ map for only a small upgrade fee. Lots more midrange torque, add in the intake here to make everything free flowing.
One tuner told my son he would need a DSG map and another said no need. Depends on the torque of the map. Some companies have lower output torque maps to preserve clutches.
cheers,

Don't read my thread then.....

Stg2 or 2+ would be the most logical move unless you want a big turbo conversion.

Decat is simply not worth it until you reach big turbos.
CAI definitely IS worth it,and required for any further remaps.....the best currently would be the Revo,although i still use the old ITG,which is good even for my car.

You can trust AMDTuning to advise you re DSG mapping etc,as they did a lot of work on my car over the yrs.

Haha. I clicked on your thread then I realised its bad for my health. But not looking at bigger turbo just want to get around 340bhp and some more torque and a better sounding S3. I've spoken to them they've just said you might get a little more torque but more for of an upgrade if you use manual mode. But other reviews have said you get better gear changes and improves the dsg from it being stock such as the lag and delayed kick when putting the foot down.

Reactions: S3Alex
The difference between Stg1 and 2/2+ is very noticeable and the best step short of a hybrid or big turbo.

I went from bluefin stage 1 to APR 1+ then APR 2+ and found the whole process extremely interesting and rewarding as the car runs really well now. Also good bang for bucks at stage 2+. Anymore involves turbo modification which can get costly.
So the first thing to consider is how much cash you want to spend.
You have a Milltek cat back and so aMilltek downpipe would join up well.
Not sure about the decat route as you either need a mate doing the MOT or have the **** of swooping things over, more cost.
Is the slight extra performance really worth the hassle?
I am one of the rare people that has been stopped for a roadside exhaust check. It was in my Dad's F reg Nova and luckily it passed although it had no cat due to age.
Intakes are personal, you can find good and bad reviews on most of them. Bigger is not always better. Do some research, if you want noise you need an open cone. I bought Neuspeed and happy with it.

Cheapest upgrade with definite results would be Autotech internals into your fuel pump. AMD may have a 1+ map for only a small upgrade fee. Lots more midrange torque, add in the intake here to make everything free flowing.
One tuner told my son he would need a DSG map and another said no need. Depends on the torque of the map. Some companies have lower output torque maps to preserve clutches.
cheers,

If I was to add the milltek downpipe and not go through decat, is sport cat my only option or could I stick with standard cat?

Cheers

Is a CAI enough to go stage 2? Or will a downpipe need to be applied?

Ideally a CAI for Stg2 and full exhaust to get the best from it.
Definitely for 2+

You would need a sports cat.
Decat is cheaper but a pain at MOT time.