Getting VIN number

Kenny F Powers

Reaction score
Hi all,
apologies if this is answered elsewhere: my build week was confirmed for week 30, so in theory my sportback is already built. My question is; how quickly do you get your VIN number after the build? I'm keen to track the progress to the dealer on the audi site!!
many thanks in advance.

...track progress to dealer... news to me if you can, i'd like to know this too. By all accounts its down to the dealer to keep you informed.

Are you in UK?
If yes, Audi Customer services will provide it immediately it is built

Hi all,
apologies if this is answered elsewhere: my build week was confirmed for week 30, so in theory my sportback is already built. My question is; how quickly do you get your VIN number after the build? I'm keen to track the progress to the dealer on the audi site!!
many thanks in advance.

And so should your dealer if he's any good! But there is no automatic system for tracking the car. You can only rely on your dealer or Audi CS. Fortunately my dealer has been brilliant, phoning me regularly to keep me updated. The car comes on the transporter on Monday (it missed Friday's) and he's even promised to take photos of it being unloaded!

Reactions: monopole
Mine was built w/c 7th July and I got the VIN on the 23rd. The car was already with the dealer at that stage. HTH