Give us some good news stories ...

Terminator x

Reaction score
All this doom and gloom ***, tell us what you like about the car!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kayemill, Sandra, garethdj and 1 other person
All this doom and gloom ***, tell us what you like about the car!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Not a great deal……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: Jaeger12, Snake Pliskin, kayemill and 2 others
I'll let you know in around 10 months time lol
Although it's more than likely going to be the colour lol still to drive one but l think the 2 dealerships around my way only let you drive one if your buying

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, kayemill, Sandra and 1 other person
Ignore the doom and groomers, the rs3 is an amazing motor! It's quick, looks amazing, comfortable to drive every day, practical and not ridiculous on fuel.
I actually really like the interior, especially the leather honeycomb seats!
Infact there is very little I dislike about mine!

Reactions: kayemill, 3vans, Sandra and 4 others
Ignore the doom and groomers, the rs3 is an amazing motor! It's quick, looks amazing, comfortable to drive every day, practical and not ridiculous on fuel.
I actually really like the interior, especially the leather honeycomb seats!
Infact there is very little I dislike about mine!
Doom and gloomers come on mate ....how would you feel waiting 20 months.....besides glad you love it

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, kayemill, Mr Freeze and 2 others
I love driving it, I think it looks good, slightly under the radar (mine is Daytona Grey), but those that know - know. The car feels as close to a 80's hot hatch as you would get these days - including the turbo lag. Lastly it's the first time in years I have been down with the kids in the office Obviously there is no mid-life crisis in this message. I won't keep it forever, but right now it is doing what I want and it makes me smile.

Reactions: cooperp, IanL-RS3, kayemill and 6 others
I’m loving mine so far got to say. Regardless of how good previous models sounded I still think it sounds great and puts a smile on my face!

Pleased I went for Kyalami too, such a head turner, haven’t had a day where someone hasn’t commented on the car or pointed at it as I’ve driven by!

Last edited:
Reactions: kayemill, HulkRS3, 3vans and 5 others
It's a car I really look forward to driving, I just love everything about it. I got mine in 16 weeks, so I really feel for anybody that's still waiting or waited a long, long time.

Reactions: kayemill, Jassyo06, 3vans and 1 other person
I’m loving mine so far got to say. Regardless of how good previous models sounded I still think it sounds great and puts a smile on my face!

Pleased I went for Kyalami too, such a head turner, haven’t had a day where someone has commented on the car or posted at it as I’ve drive by!

I know exactly what you mean. I even got a guy in an Aston Martin give me the thumbs up.

Reactions: kayemill and garethdj
What's not to like.

Also just done a trip up north and averaged 47mpg over the entire trip and still had some range left after 430 miles...

Reactions: furious_iPod, Snake Pliskin, kayemill and 3 others
I think what's to like and what's not...has been written and broadcast on YouTube for the last 10 months or so... its a case of turning a blind to what's not too like and just get on with the car but can one sustain this mindset av been looking elsewhere ie ordering a Clubsport Golf it gets expensive once you add the options but at least you can add a very nice leather interior but I'd need to turn a blind eye to that dashboard.....but its a far less expensive car....which you can accept some high gloss plastic on the car....and some scratchy plastic....far more difficult to do in a more expensive RS3 8Y

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, kayemill, 8YARWY and 1 other person
I think that pretty much everyone knew what they were getting in terms of interiors when they placed their order, so I really feel like people should stop moaning about it. It's not as plush material-wise as other cars, but they're also getting to the point that they're more expensive, so there has to be a trade off somewhere. If the interior is really so terrible for you that you can't handle it then I don't know why a car was ordered in the first place.

Reactions: 3vans, HulkRS3, Snake Pliskin and 3 others
I think that pretty much everyone knew what they were getting in terms of interiors when they placed their order, so I really feel like people should stop moaning about it. It's not as plush material-wise as other cars, but they're also getting to the point that they're more expensive, so there has to be a trade off somewhere. If the interior is really so terrible for you that you can't handle it then I don't know why a car was ordered in the first place.
I think most will trade off the lower quality interior for the engine (not many choices these days over 4 cylinders) and the Torque vector system/chassis.

The thing that totally ruins owning an Audi is the dealer experience when something needs attention, hoops need to be jumped through even just to get a booking at a centre these days, then it's the worry when it's actually in a centre of 1) Will they find the issue 2) will they fix the issue 3) will they damage the car

Even the digital team experience is woeful, again made to jump through hoops to get anywhere, i rang the digital team earlier this week to sort out the MMI stuck in boot up problem, pretty sure it's not uk based, the guy wanted me at one point to go into an Audi centre to verify my identity by Passport/Driving license, WTF, why !!!???
Errr, because it's to do with the cars digital systems and we can't give out/Access sensitive info, crazy...........

I told him i already had been into my local dealer for a warranty issue so they have all the details logged down already, waste of time may as well been talking to the speaking clock lol......

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and kayemill
[mention]Terminator x [/mention] fair play trying to create a positive thread, key word trying

Reactions: Jassyo06 and RS5JON
I'm not so sure that Audi UK design team did get the interior completely wrong tbh.
I watched Matt Watson first review, he said ''Audi design thought the red air vents were tacky, Audi marketing saw them as added income''
I'm with him on the vents, red vents in my car would be a little too much 'Civic Type R' for me as would the full compliment of red stitching/flashes, red seat belts and RS matts

Reactions: 3vans, 8YARWY, Daggerit and 2 others
I'm not so sure that Audi UK design team did get the interior completely wrong tbh.
I watched Matt Watson first review, he said ''Audi design thought the red air vents were tacky, Audi marketing saw them as added income''
I'm with him on the vents, red vents in my car would be a little too much 'Civic Type R' for me as would the full compliment of red stitching/flashes, red seat belts and RS matts

As a former Civic Type R owner and Fast & Furious (the original few films) fan, I resent this haha

• Haha
Reactions: 3vans, 8YARWY and Mike.46
What's not to like! Every time I drive it, it brings a smile to my face. Unbelievable performance out the box. Aggressive styling. Audi smashed it for me :thumbs up:

When on our recent road trip it turned so many heads, which I couldn't believe. Especially mine being Kemora grey :laugh:

Reactions: 3vans, garethdj and ped
I really don't mind the interior, although I'd agree that some red stitching or something like that would be good just to break it up a bit. I think that I'll end up doing some red seat belts or something easy just to add a bit of colour and that should keep me happy. Nothing major though, I'm not going to go crazy and change all the vents, door cards, seats, steering wheel, etc. as I just don't see that being necessary. Personally. :)

Reactions: Mike.46, garethdj and Snake Pliskin
I really don't mind the interior, although I'd agree that some red stitching or something like that would be good just to break it up a bit. I think that I'll end up doing some red seat belts or something easy just to add a bit of colour and that should keep me happy. Nothing major though, I'm not going to go crazy and change all the vents, door cards, seats, steering wheel, etc. as I just don't see that being necessary. Personally. :)

Agreed - in general the interior still feels premium and I love the leather seats (especially the honeycomb design).
The seats are mega comfortable and the leather feels high grade.
It just needs contrast stitching and it would look great.
Dash etc I'm perfectly happy with.
Exterior is great IMO - every angle it looks superb and much more RS purposeful this time.
Sound is a disappointment (after owning an 8V) BUT still miles better than any 4 pot - so it it what it is.
In general I'm very happy with the car so far and much more content with 4 rings again than the Merc.

Reactions: Daggerit
Mine rs3 sedan arrived in one month and half.
Official audi dealer.
I was really lucky but i made a smart configuration avoid "restricted optional" such as phone box or sunroof.

btw amazing car to drive, incredible "low" on fuel.
no regret so far

Reactions: Daggerit
I ordered not long after you and had only seen the interior first hand from the outside 3 months later December 21 now giving the interiors I've had previously it appeared as dull as dish water now I've never driven one but going by the owners who have their cars all I read is the lack noise ....and l will never modify the car...so lack of noise is a issue ....5 cylinder noise almost depleted ? I've kept my order going "NO brainer not too" folks knock the ea888 engine but in 320 guise it's a fine sounding version plenty of artificial 5 cylinder noise plus it popped and crackled at standstill then after 4k miles it crackled on downshifting ....now given this is my last car on pcp it's very important l don't f@@k up again....so a test drive could/would finalise my decision but that's proving difficult plus l can wait even longer for the right car..or one close enough

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I ordered not long after you and had only seen the interior first hand from the outside 3 months later December 21 now giving the interiors I've had previously it appeared as dull as dish water now I've never driven one but going by the owners who have their cars all I read is the lack noise ....and l will never modify the car...so lack of noise is a issue ....5 cylinder noise almost depleted ? I've kept my order going "NO brainer not too" folks knock the ea888 engine but in 320 guise it's a fine sounding version plenty of artificial 5 cylinder noise plus it popped and crackled at standstill then after 4k miles it crackled on downshifting ....now given this is my last car on pcp it's very important l don't f@@k up again....so a test drive could/would finalise my decision but that's proving difficult plus l can wait even longer for the right car..or one close enough

I'm not sure there is a perfect all round car at the moment.
I just wish the 8y sounded like my 8v and it would be terrific ... oh and had contrast stitching lol ;)

6 months in and I still get that excitement when I take it for a spin, must admit, the ASR valve controller has really helped in that regard this past few weeks though, it's transformational.
Overall, the fact that there aren't many about, people stop and stare and it's gripper than anything I've driven before really makes it feel positive about it. Add in the benefits of practically and fuel efficiency when required and it's a great allround package. I've said this before but had I owned a pre OPF 8v I may say different, but given the advances in the chassis I'm not so sure. I would take grip and the added oompfff over pops and bangs (which the 8y does do, to a lesser extent).

Reactions: kayemill, Terminator x, itsbigyellow and 1 other person
6 months in and I still get that excitement when I take it for a spin, must admit, the ASR valve controller has really helped in that regard this past few weeks though, it's transformational.
Overall, the fact that there aren't many about, people stop and stare and it's gripper than anything I've driven before really makes it feel positive about it. Add in the benefits of practically and fuel efficiency when required and it's a great allround package. I've said this before but had I owned a pre OPF 8v I may say different, but given the advances in the chassis I'm not so sure. I would take grip and the added oompfff over pops and bangs (which the 8y does do, to a lesser extent).
Does the ASR ever get too much? as in it starts to drone? I've still not ordered one :tearsofjoy:

Does the ASR ever get too much? as in it starts to drone? I've still not ordered one :tearsofjoy:

Lol no. It’s adjustable from the cruise stalk so easy to turn on / off when needs be, which is never.

Reactions: Mike.46 and kayemill
For me no, my missus is a bit susceptible to base frequencies and she's only moaned once so far which was full load going up a steep hill. On the motorway at 'typical drone speeds' she was fine.

Reactions: 3vans, RS03???, Mike.46 and 2 others
I'd order the ASR but by the time my car turns up, it'd be out of warranty! :laughing:

Reactions: 8YARWY and RS3ree

I can imagine removing the rear bullets would give drone, I remember doing the Res delete on the golf R 7.5 we had, and that was horrible at certain Rev ranges

Completely love mine!

it’s my first ever RS and probably my last unless somehow electric RS’s are a thing :-(
Few things I like,
1. The heater controls aren’t on the touchscreen.
2. Although the exhaust is quiet, I like that with the windows up it’s just right for me. Do like the cold start in performance mode though
3. The gearing just seems to work so well. On other cars I’ve had it feels a tad out of the power but with mine it’s like the car just gets put right back of the peak power.
4. I have the standard model which people seem to hate but I definitely prefer the looks of it, the alloys looks miles better than the 5 spoke black ones with the sticker thingy.
5. The presence! I’ve never owned a car before that gets so much attention, the amount of people that comment on it while in petrol stations. It’s a nice feeling I’ve never had before.
6. The looks, don’t think I’d change anything externally what so ever

Have to agree with the OP, the world is going through enough crap, we’re all sick of price rises, politicians corrupt more than ever. Let’s talk more positively.
Some posters on here need to take a step back and remind them self how lucky they are to be able to even afford and experience ownership of this kind of car. These are pipe dreams for a lot of enthusiasts.

Ps Audi could easily have ditched the 5 pot altogether and followed merc’s “downsizing policy”, that alone is worthy of a pat on the back for audi.

Reactions: furious_iPod, Carbon89, garethdj and 5 others
Completely love mine!

it’s my first ever RS and probably my last unless somehow electric RS’s are a thing :-(
Few things I like,
2. Although the exhaust is quiet, I like that with the windows up it’s just right for me. Do like the cold start in performance mode though
3. The gearing just seems to work so well. On other cars I’ve had it feels a tad out of the power but with mine it’s like the car just gets put right back of the peak power.
4. I have the standard model which people seem to hate but I definitely prefer the looks of it, the alloys looks miles better than the 5 spoke black ones with the sticker thingy.
5. The presence! I’ve never owned a car before that gets so much attention, the amount of people that comment on it while in petrol stations. It’s a nice feeling I’ve never had before.

Have to agree with the OP, the world is going through enough crap, we’re all sick of price rises, politicians corrupt more than ever. Let’s talk more positively.
Some posters on here need to take a step back and remind them self how lucky they are to be able to even afford and experience ownership of this kind of car. These are pipe dreams for a lot of enthusiasts.

Ps Audi could easily have ditched the 5 pot altogether and followed merc’s “downsizing policy”, that alone is worthy of a pat on the back for audi.
Got to agree with your comments, and from a fellow standard owner, fully agree about the wheels. They're gorgeous wheels. So many comments about those, and the car in general.

Reactions: 8YARWY and Snake Pliskin
Completely love mine!

Few things I like,

One's opinion of the RS3 8Y all depends on where/what cars/Audi you've had before....l like the standard car it looks great ....with the aluminium in the right colours that is.. after all matte aluminum is the defaqto RS look and not a black Ed....and l will go further and say the standard car is probably the best value for money the other models are now well overpriced by Audi
There's no attention to detail in the RS interior over a A3
Waiting 20 months for one is ludicrous l should cancel it... but being 10/11 months in with another 8/9 months to go l feel f@@k it wait for it and sell it instantly when it arrives for justification/frustration on waiting so long get a few £££ back for the long wait

Reactions: 8YARWY, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
So the car isn’t ‘perfect’ and we all know the usual gripes…….interior on latest models, steering wheel etc. However, I’m absolutely over the moon with my car.

My S3 was the best car I’ve ever owned up to this one. Thought long and hard what to get next and in my heart I knew it would be an RS3. I tend to think about things for a long time and didn’t order one until April. I’ve been incredibly lucky and my dealer let me have a cancellation at the end of June which was my dream spec, including the exclusive paint I wanted.

The car looks stunning. It takes my breath away every time I get it out of the garage. By far the best car I’ve had, and probably the last ‘mad’ car I’ll ever own. Yes, there are ‘better’ cars but this is all subjective. I’m really really happy so far and that’s my good news story.

Reactions: Terminator x, Daggerit and kayemill
Completely love mine!

Few things I like,

Point #4 i just don't understand why people mock others about spec on this car in particular, if you read comments on Fudbook groups it's all one upmanship

The only things mine doesn't have over my 8V.5 are B&O and Pano roof, do i miss either.....no

Reactions: Royce44, RSt3ve, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
So the car isn’t ‘perfect’ and we all know the usual gripes…….interior on latest models, steering wheel etc. However, I’m absolutely over the moon with my car.

My S3 was the best car I’ve ever owned up to this one. Thought long and hard what to get next and in my heart I knew it would be an RS3. I tend to think about things for a long time and didn’t order one until April. I’ve been incredibly lucky and my dealer let me have a cancellation at the end of June which was my dream spec, including the exclusive paint I wanted.

The car looks stunning. It takes my breath away every time I get it out of the garage. By far the best car I’ve had, and probably the last ‘mad’ car I’ll ever own. Yes, there are ‘better’ cars but this is all subjective. I’m really really happy so far and that’s my good news story.
You’ve come from a 7 year old S3 8v so to jump to the car you have just taken ownership of is a massive leap in every aspect not so for myself l am a all or nothing person... lately lve had 2 cracking looking head turning cars "you don't need to buy a RS3 for it to turn heads" @Royce44
I am pretty sure the Facelift RS3 8Y will be the one to have ..ie less of a compromise inside with less time to wait for

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, jaypers777 and 8YARWY
You’ve come from a 7 year old S3 8v so to jump to the car you have just taken ownership of is a massive leap in every aspect not so for myself l am a all or nothing person... lately lve had 2 cracking looking head turning cars "you don't need to buy a RS3 for it to turn heads" @Royce44
I am pretty sure the Facelift RS3 8Y will be the one to have ..ie less of a compromise inside with less time to wait for

Without doubt the facelift will (potentially) be the 'keeper' and one to have.
Exactly as the 8v was.
If this is the last RS3 with a 5 pot, then a facelift with exclusive paint and (hopefully) full interior options will be a very nice car.
It still won't have the sound of the 8v :sadlike: but it will be a very nice overall package.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Without doubt the facelift will (potentially) be the 'keeper' and one to have.
Exactly as the 8v was.
If this is the last RS3 with a 5 pot, then a facelift with exclusive paint and (hopefully) full interior options will be a very nice car.
It still won't have the sound of the 8v :sadlike: but it will be a very nice overall package.
Probably, but I’m living in the moment (now). Cost of Living crisis, COVID, Russia, Petrol/Oil……….who knows what the world will be like when/if a facelift ever appears maybe by 2024?! And if you want one in 2024, orders need to go in about now!! My RS3 is my happy place at the moment and the thing to wash away all of the interminable doom and gloom everywhere.

Reactions: 3vans, Royce44, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Probably, but I’m living in the moment (now). Cost of Living crisis, COVID, Russia, Petrol/Oil……….who knows what the world will be like when/if a facelift ever appears maybe by 2024?! And if you want one in 2024, orders need to go in about now!! My RS3 is my happy place at the moment and the thing to wash away all of the interminable doom and gloom everywhere.
Hey - take nothing away from the current model mate.
I've got one too and certainly enjoying many aspects of it - including just having a new car atm as many are struggling to get one.
Just saying the face lift will refine what is already there :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and jaypers777
You've got the finest RS3 8Y on here mate so cherish it l have no doubt there will a facelift 8Y..Audi have got too because of the A class and the BMW 1 series will plus the forthcoming coming BMW M2/A45s my car would no doubt arrive in May 2023 if it ever does....so nearly 2 years since the order books opened August 2021 so l predict the facelift to appear in 2024 probably August/September again
**** @Snake Pliskin will have had his car 15 months or so and ordered my car about 5/6 weeks later its FUBAR lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan, jaypers777 and 1 other person
You've got the finest RS3 8Y on here mate so cherish it l have no doubt there will a facelift 8Y..Audi have got too because of the A class and the BMW 1 series will plus the forthcoming coming BMW M2/A45s my car would no doubt arrive in May 2023 if it ever does....so nearly 2 years since the order books opened August 2021 so l predict the facelift to appear in 2024 probably August/September again
**** @Snake Pliskin will have had his car 15 months or so and ordered my car about 5/6 weeks later its FUBAR lol

that is nuts !
Based on a 3 year ownership that’s nearly half way through.
Wow just staggering.

Reactions: Jassyo06