Giving other 8L S3 drivers a friendly wave?

MrTackalakalaka

Reaction score
I used to own a VW Transporter T4 and would always get a wave from other people driving them. Started doing it myself

Now i find myself doing it in my S3 to other 8L S3 drivers but no ****** ever seems to wave back. Does anyone else give fellow S3 drivers a wave? or am i just gay? haha

Depending on how you look when you wave it could be considered gay ha ha

Reactions: s3clarke
no i dont think so anyone in the right mind would think you're waving to him/her cause you got the same car :p... if i was in the UK i would personally wave back at ya !

I tried this a while back... At best you get s scowl.
Although... a few weeks back a lady in a nice Red A3 did flash and smile at me , Bonus !

Its even better when its a hot chick driving ay!!

Ah well, i shall keep doing it and will celebrate when someone waves back! haha

Its even better when its a hot chick driving ay!!

Ah well, i shall keep doing it and will celebrate when someone waves back! haha

lol sounds good, i usually wave when some lets me through thier lane in peak our traffic and end up getting flashing lights

When i had my 200sx everyone nods at each other as well.

I have tried this in my s3 and i get scowled at,lol! But i did get a wave on the way to eastbourne from a Tasty looking Black A4/S4 estate, but i was so shocked i did not wave back!Doh!

If i see you about ill give you a wave!!

i have to be honest what i love about this forum is everyone is so very friendly which is great!!! unlike some other VAg and other jap and US forums.

Reactions: ChaddyA3
I've told this one a few times,I got a job in Banbury and the first week on the way to work I passed an S3 and waved as I hardly see any.
For the next three months I waved every morning to a bloke I've never met :)
I saw an 8L S3 the other day and waved at the driver who beeped and waved.

the only type of communication ive had with another audi is when i slightly cut a woman up to race a porsche, she then calmly pulled by my side and gave me the little finger gesture as though i was making up for something!! I wish i would of followed her and slapped her across the face with it a few times, she was pretty fit too!

Reactions: Goubo1
i had this in my mk4 r32, saw another one same colour as mine with a middle aged couple (between 35-40) they both waved, i just put my hand up with a confused smile on my face.

I've mainly drove vw beetles(old shape) before my s3, everyone flashes and waves in a bug, also we would pullover and offer assistance to a broken down bug as they are easy to fix, Audi drivers don't seem as friendly though, I've flashed at a couple of s3's but just got a glare back

It's only gay when you wave and get nothing back, and you feel a bit stupid afterwoods! lol :bye:

I've had a flash of the headlights and thumbs up from drivers in different brand cars after we've had a quick play, that called mutual respect irrespective of who had the quicker car. I find mk2 golfs get the flashy headlights or wave at each other treatment. S3's not so much, but then I hardly use mine.

I let on to other S3 drivers and have only had another driver let on to me once!

Yeah I got a wave from a Noggy RS4 the other day - I can't say I've ever been waved at before but it felt rude not to wave back so I did (along with a "nod") - haha!

I do it too haha I give them a flash and a wave... Headlights... Nothing else...

The occasional thumbs up to a nice looking car of the VAG community but generally nothing back.

Yeah I got a wave from a Noggy RS4 the other day - I can't say I've ever been waved at before but it felt rude not to wave back so I did (along with a "nod") - haha!
Last summer with a Noggy Blue RS4....Was driving back from Hastings along the coast road and saw one with silver mirrors in my rear view mirror- he over took several cars to sit behind me....he was almost pushing me along at one point I swear! So I 'let' him pass and we went for a 'gentle' cuise back- was very courteous as well as even when he did get well in front he would slow back down so I could catch up and not let any other cars filter between ....gave waves and flahses as we parted after a good 30 miles of fun :) Down here it's always the unwritten rules that you give a wave after you have had a blast with someone....had one from a biker last night after we had a little play

Reactions: millermk1
Right, my mission this week is to wave at, flash or do the Churchill nod to any other Audi on the road, lets see who's the kindest car owners, lets make this a science lesson :).... All in agreement say "aye"

i'll make sure i wave next time if i see you.... unless you look gay, then i'll give you a flash

i'll make sure i wave next time if i see you.... unless you look gay, then i'll give you a flash
you sure you want to be flashing at someone who looks gay? lol (no offence to gay ppl on the forum)

I think in the VAG scene you get some youngsters with the first DUB for some reason they give you evils as if they are the only ones allowed to drive em.

You get others who just start at your car knowing its modified but wont nod, smile,wave or anything

I do get a flash or wave after i've had a little play with someone. I left this other mk5 gti recently and he flashed me afterwards

I usualy find the older guys more friendly. There is one guy I pass most mornings who has a slammed passat with tints hids etc, I think his car is from poland as he is LHD. I usually get a wave from him when we pass each other.

i shall be waving, always do! Oddly I get most waves from people in golfs lol

I used to get loads of waves/flashes on the MG ZR scene, but it would appear that most Audi drivers are tw*ts and don't like to wave. Only 2 other S3 8L owners in my local area and I know one of them already.

I do get a lot of people from various brands looking at my car for a good few seconds whilst in traffic or passing though....always nice knowing your car is admired.

I dont know about you guys but I do feel other Audi drivers of all models do tend to be more courteous on the road with me- such as giving way and moving over to let you pass on motorways etc.

I expect it's since Jeremy clarkson has branded all Audi drivers as tw@s and the general public believe anything that dinosaur says. We Audi drivers now have to stick together whether it be an A1 or a V10 R8. I cant actually recall a moment where i have got road rage from another four ringed driver.....

i tend to wave at other S3's, especially if they are the same colour as mine :greyrs4: dark blue!! :) most of them in my area rev their engines wanting to race lol

I always let on to fellow S3 drivers, don't always get a response lol but from experience I found the ones with a more OE look always give the nod back. Once let on to another black S3 coming out of KFC (gave him the wiggley wave and everything) nothing!! just an eyeball!!

Then realised I was driving the skoda :crying:

I always let on to fellow S3 drivers, don't always get a response lol but from experience I found the ones with a more OE look always give the nod back. Once let on to another black S3 coming out of KFC (gave him the wiggley wave and everything) nothing!! just an eyeball!!

That was so funny reading that,crist that was funny.

i have waved at other 8L S3 in the past and most just look at me as if i am nuts so since then have decided to stop as it was getting embarrassing. There are a few S3`s locally i have seen but never seen them on here so guess they just have a car and dont wanna join or know about the money pit club that is ASN.

Gonna have to get me an ASN sticker at some point and get it in the car as that way perhaps i can wave at fellow ASN`rs instead and not feellike billy no mates.

I used to get this and do this myself all the time in the Cossie:p. Anyone with a "Fast Ford" would always wave or flash the headlights. Then again everyone would stare at it! :thumbsup:

Lol Damo, my sides hurt with laughter, this could only happen to you. :) x

Lol I know. Bet he thought what a tilt!!