Glove box door issue

T3KT0N1K

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I've got a feeling this is quite common, but I can't find any threads on it.

My glove box door on my S3 8P2 only opens half way under its own weight. Anyone fixed this? Is it a simple greasing fix, or is it pneumatic?

This has been discussed many times tbh, I would search a bit harder as I've personally written number of times how to fix the glovebox arm.

Just realised mine is broke after changing the bulb and it still wasn't working, mine has snapped so thinking of super glueing it and lubing the damper as its real stiff. Hopefully that will work rather than buying a new part

Superglue wont hold it, you need to use super glue to hold them together then bond round the break & up/down the parts with araldite or a 2 pack resin to make the repair hold, then grease the inside of the brake element.

Superglue wont hold it, you need to use super glue to hold them together then bond round the break & up/down the parts with araldite or a 2 pack resin to make the repair hold, then grease the inside of the brake element.

Cheers Nigel, will that hold? Have you carried out a repair before using this method?

If it's the bulb not lighting up your worried about then just pull the damper out to the extended position and leave it. Mine broke again after attempting to glue so that's what I've done for the time being. The light will be on all the time but locking the car turns it off anyway so it won't drain the battery!

Ironically, Star Wars is on tv lmao.

If yours broke even after glueing then you couldn't of bonded it very well around the break & up/down the part, everyone I've repaired to date hasn't broke thus far, without being all superior about it either :)

I'll admit it was a quick fix, busted! It was on my things to do list with some contact adhesive but forgot all about it until I seen this thread :D

Its no good just adding contact to each end of parts, you need to do this aswell as encompassing with a relevant resin, adhesive etc to maintain the repair, the area of the 2 parts where they connect isn't big enough to maintain a contact repair as such, the brake arm/element is subject to allot of force with impatient people yanking them down & also the rubber drying so needs strengthening allot :)

I'll have a go when I get time, it's not bothering me tbh. Glove box opens and closes just fine but was just wondering why the bulb wasn't working and noticed that the arm had snapped