Glove box light retro fit and puddle light information

Yes works just fine.

I took a permanent power feed from the left strip in the passenger side fuse box.

Last edited:
Did you ever get round to retrofitting the vanity mirror lights?

Hi lads nice thread so hope I'm not jumping in !!! I was fitting some retro door/puddle lights to my Q5 I used your codes changed the 4th digit to C the front doors work but rear ones don't is there a different code for the rear doors regards David
01 11 02 20 40 01 44 00 04
01 1C 02 20 40 01 44 00 04

Hi scotty still trying to get rear door/puddle lights working , I put the code in above for both front and rear , front ones worked but rear ones don't
what dos it mean modules 62 left rear 72 right rear where do they go can you show pic or something desperate now lol kind regards David

Hi scotty still trying to get rear door/puddle lights working , I put the code in above for both front and rear , front ones worked but rear ones don't
what dos it mean modules 62 left rear 72 right rear where do they go can you show pic or something desperate now lol kind regards David
Hello. I just finished doing the door puddle/warning lights + illuminated door handles on my 2012 a4 b8 facelift avant. I could not do the ambiante door pocket lighting as my door modules only have the half shaded box and no pin 3 (rear door 16 pin) or pin 8 (front door 32 pin) in the modules.

Did you connect your rear light into the right pins? Mines are as stated:

-front modules 32 pin:
Pin 3, door illuminated handles +12v
Pin 16, puddle/warning lights +12v
Pin 8, ambiante lighting +12v (N/A)
Pin 5, earth, just solder lights earth together on this brown wire.

-rear modules 16 pin:
Pin 1, illuminated door handles +12v
Pin 3, ambiante lighting +12v (N/A)
Pin 12, warning/puddle light +12v
Pin 13, earth, just solder together lights earth on this brown wire.

Then just go into each door controler and check the tick box for whatever lights you added to your car.

For the door handles i used 1 bright red 12v 5mm LED for each door handles. I drilled on the top of the handles where the original oem would be. Just sandpaper the led to diffuse the light. It looks great at night. I hope this will help you.

Reactions: Kevin_w90
All working fine now puddle lights, illuminated door handle lights and door pocket lights :nogarors4:

hello,I have audi Q3, I need to know who and 'encoding Pin 8, ambiante lighting + 12v
My configuration actually is 011C02201C00000000

Last edited:
I dont know the coding for a Q3, but on my A4 B8, when you use the "long coding helper" in each door module, you just have to tick some boxes to add the ambiante lighting.

Would be good to see some pictures of the new lights on action :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will try to take some pictures this week end of the door lights at night.
I really like this retrofit and I am happy to be able to adjust the background lighting from the mmi even if I only have the concert radio. I will have to keep an eye now on ebay for some 2nd hand door modules as I would like to add the door pocket illumination. The other lights like the cup holder and the vanity lights don't really interest me.

Here are some pictures:
A4 6
A4 7
A4 5
A4 4
A4 2
A4 1
A4 3

The door handles illumination comes on as soon as you unlock the car. The footwell lights brighten up fully when the doors are opened. Once the doors are closed the footwell lights dim down to your mmi setting. The door handles stay on even with the ignition off. A bit like the hazard light switch. The door warning & puddles lights come on whenever the door is opened. The glovebox light retrofit was easy, I just followed the tutorial. I used an audi repair wire for the ATO fuse. This combined with the 2x audi connectors and the clothe tape made the job look like factory work. The light switch / break was already on the glovebox. The best retrofiting result for me so far is the door handles illuminations. You can only see the glow of the LED's, even when seating you could not tell the difference from a factory job. You would have to kneel down to spot the difference.

This looks really good.

My next mods after getting coilovers and my fl rear lights coded.

I fitted door handle illumination using all oem parts and to be honest the glow from this is so dim you hardly notice them. Definitely a fan of your door handles, much more effective

Thanks

Thanks for the comments. I found must of the infos in the forum or online, and I just gathered whatever suited me best.

Where do you buy the parts for the glovebox light?

Hi all, yes I was a bit peeved when I discovered that the glovebox light was an option when new, and not on my car. Long story, but although I live in London, I took the car back to Autotechnics in north Dorset and they did the fitting for me, would recommend them. And on a different subject, if your TFSI engine runs its fans like crazy after you switch the engine off… it’s supposed to. It cooling down the turbo. Maybe that’s on another thread, but it’s not a fault.

Just signed up and can’t see the images any help ?

Just signed up and can’t see the images any help ?

@Caisley, welcome to Audisport.net; hope you like it here.

It's not just you. I'm afraid that for many years, most of us used Photobucket as third party host for our photos. When it started charging $500 a year for the privilege, the pictures all vanished from the threads. Short of members going back a decade or more and re-hosting all their old pictures, I'm afraid the historic ones are gone.

@Caisley, welcome to Audisport.net; hope you like it here.

It's not just you. I'm afraid that for many years, most of us used Photobucket as third party host for our photos. When it started charging $500 a year for the privilege, the pictures all vanished from the threads. Short of members going back a decade or more and re-hosting all their old pictures, I'm afraid the historic ones are gone.

somone on another thread pointed me in the diection of a chrome extention

search for "photobucket embed fix" and there are two extentions you can add to fix it

Reactions: jdp1962
somone on another thread pointed me in the diection of a chrome extention

search for "photobucket embed fix" and there are two extentions you can add to fix it
Ah, didn't know that. I'm not a Chrome user, I've been with Mozilla Firefox for donkeys' years. Will look it up

Hey guys,

I know this is an old thread but i'm want to add the glovebox light to my A4 B8.5 and need a little help on where to pick up a live feed. i'm not too familiar with the wiring in general and having read the above am still a little confused as to where i can pick this up.

I'm comfortable with all the instructions up to the point of picking up the live - can anyone help me out in layman's terms?

Thanks,

Hi,

Can anyone provide a link to where to buy:

2 Plastic connectors - part number U893 971 632 - £1.53 each

2 repair wires - part number U000 979 133 - £1.16 each

Cheers

Is this the same part number for foot well lights front and rear do you know?

Is this the same part number for foot well lights front and rear do you know?

Might be, but I suggest to give a call to Audi and double check. They should be able to provide you with the right part number for your Audi.

I have brand new wiring and front footwell lights for sale if anyone interested. PM Me
Looking £28 posted for them brand new in package from EM Tuning

I have brand new wiring and front footwell lights for sale if anyone interested. PM Me
Looking £28 posted for them brand new in package from EM Tuning

Hello mate,

Is this still available? Can you show me some pics?

Cheers