Glove box light retro fit

ThatGuyCraig

Reaction score
hiya

im sure this has been posted before - but every time i do a search on this forum (or others!) all the pictures are all blanked out due to them being old / on a photobucket account, so not much use... plus i cant find ANY information about this.... (only about my 2nd point, to follow...)

So - main issue.... I have no idea why a car would ever be sodl this day in age without a glovebox light. That jsut seems to be madness to me... but i dont have one.

A4 B8 - 2013

Qestion is, has anyone retrofitted one? what did you use? ive searched ebay for generic kits (so id need some form of button that depressed and switched the light on when the glovebox is opened/ turnes off when its closed) but cant find anything.

tips and poitners are vastly appreciated, wether its been posted before or not... it would help me!

point 2 ads mentioned in the opener, and a minor point really.... foot well lights

obviously this car does not have the lighting pack, and so missing all these nice little extras ive had in older, cheaper cars... which is annoying but there you go.

Retrofitting footwell lights... any one? I've done it before on my ford focus and coras years back, - so im happy to do it all, i just wondered if someone had a neat tidy / proper way to do it... as all i did last time on the focus is run some wire from the little courtest lights in the foot well, and on the corsa, i ran a light from the center courtesty light thats on the roof liner... works fine, but messy and not neat.

info on both are welcome - but if nothing else, ill run cable from the roof liner light when i can be bothered for the footwell lights

many thanks !

I’m in the same boat with my 10 plate A4 (B8). From what I’ve read online it looks like a lot of work as wires haven’t been run so it’s glovebox out inc airbag, which I don’t fancy doing.

Like you say it’s seems stupid that it didn’t come standard but guess that’s a sign of the times that’s it’s an optional extra

Try contacting @pns2007 who did the retrofit guide for the glove box light and see if he can send you the images he used.

There is a plug-in for Chrome browser, think it’s called Photobucket Embed Fix (google it). It restores all those images and gets rid of the PhotoBucket begging images.

Pretty sure the same exists for Firefox so grab one of those and see if it fixes up the threads for you.

I’d be interested in this too if it wasn’t too much work of course! :)

Reactions: ThatGuyCraig
There is a plug-in for Chrome browser, think it’s called Photobucket Embed Fix (google it). It restores all those images and gets rid of the PhotoBucket begging images.

Pretty sure the same exists for Firefox so grab one of those and see if it fixes up the threads for you.

I’d be interested in this too if it wasn’t too much work of course! :)

haha amazing! thanks for the pointer, works liek a charm!
anyone with chrome, click "apps" in your fav bar, go to the 'app store' and search fro photobucket embed fix - there are two. ive added both

@t8ups does a retrofit kit for our cars. I can't remember how much it cost. It's really easy to fit all you do is find a live and a earth feed. The switch is already there it's build into the left hinge ready to go.

Reactions: ThatGuyCraig
@t8ups does a retrofit kit for our cars. I can't remember how much it cost. It's really easy to fit all you do is find a live and a earth feed. The switch is already there it's build into the left hinge ready to go.

ohh thats good to know thanks! I emailed them about it.

happy that the switch is already there! hopefully a kit and some intructables wont be too far away :) thanks

Reactions: Skull666 and EXSpartan36
Try contacting @pns2007 who did the retrofit guide for the glove box light and see if he can send you the images he used.

Hi, it was a long time ago now, but unfortunately my photobucket account has been cancelled due to their new policies of charging the earth to allow you to share your own photos

Hi, it was a long time ago now, but unfortunately my photobucket account has been cancelled due to their new policies of charging the earth to allow you to share your own photos

Adding this: There is a plug-in for Chrome browser, think it’s called Photobucket Embed Fix (google it). It restores all those images and gets rid of the PhotoBucket begging images.

Works for me and i can see the images from old posts

Reactions: pns2007
Adding this: There is a plug-in for Chrome browser, think it’s called Photobucket Embed Fix (google it). It restores all those images and gets rid of the PhotoBucket begging images.

Thanks for this @MarkWizard works for me too!

I just loaded the plug-in, and it worked, but then I remembered that I'd deleted all my images that were stored on Photobucket and cancelled my account. :rage: