Glove Box lock?

Hi i know the cabrio a3 has a lock , be interesting to see if this could be done...:)

part number: 107857113JC

gloveboxlock.png

The odd thing about these is that there pretty crap. One of my mates has an A4 cabriolet so if Im going somewherewith him I take my keys and open his glovebox and go through his stuff. I think as long as you have an audi key you can open and lock any other Audis glove box...

TBH its kinda pointless, as any tooled up tealeaf will have it open within 30 seconds lets be honest, but I'd be happy when got time to research it further, if just for a learning experience :)

But on the off chance that you leave a window open/door unlocked, at least it would stop an opportunist getting at your iPod... Still probably not worth the money, though, unless you're replacing the glovebox parts anyway.

Lets be honest, if you're silly enough to do that, then you kinda expect to come back to some issue, hence why I always disable comfort opening, as you could easily sit on your keys while in house or out & about etc.

Yeah holding remote unlock can open windows & roof if coded iirc.

and automatic comfort closing - hold the lock button on the keyfob for a few seconds and then let go and it will close all windows and sunroof when coded :)

I had to get a new glovebox to retrofit my cd changer and as it happened the one I bought of ebay came with the lock.
I've never got around to changing the cylinder but now I have the part number I might just give it a go.
My key doesn't work by the way.