Glow in the dark knobs

D6DPH

Reaction score
behave.... Not like that!

Has anyone fitted an illuminated gearbox to their car? Trying to work out if it would look like an oe item or a less than tasteful aftermarket add on.

The type I'm thinking of is the standard style ball one, not the angled flat top item.

Reactions: Sandra
Not sure what the purpose of a illuminated "gearbox" would be mate, do you mean gear stick? Haha.

Hasn't someone in the b6 section recently done this?

Reactions: D6DPH
If its the one I'm thinking about whit the gears illuminated red, it could look sweet - not sure how would a different color go with the oem look.
 57hgt

Not sure what the purpose of a illuminated "gearbox" would be mate, do you mean gear stick? Haha.

Hasn't someone in the b6 section recently done this?

It'll look lovely under the car.... Or it could have been autocorrect trying to ruin my life ;)

Tom, exactly that type. I think it could look quite good. Would possibly need a resistor in line to get the brightness to match the dash switches etc to look as Oe as possible

It'll look lovely under the car.... Or it could have been autocorrect trying to ruin my life ;)

Tom, exactly that type. I think it could look quite good. Would possibly need a resistor in line to get the brightness to match the dash switches etc to look as Oe as possible

being led type it will be a tad brighter I'm afraid then the rest of the interior, assume it will be connected to cig lighter unit will only illuminate with the rest of the interior.
On the other hand I really doubt the quality of its finish will get anywhere near the audi/vag standard- be it the stiching or the leather itself.

Yup that's part of the concern, I love the build of the car and any contact surfaces need to be up to spec to retain that feeling of quality.

It's £30, no great loss if I don't like it.... I'm sure someone will appreciate an early Xmas gift