Glue/label removal

D1RZH1N1S

Reaction score
Hello,

Any ideas how to remove this old glue/label? I've tried turtle bug & tar remover didn't helped. Please have a look to picture.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4027.jpg
    IMG_4027.jpg
    660.3 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
If you have any WD40 or other such penetrating oil, spray it onto it or onto a rag leave it to soak for a short while then rub it off.

We got a few things at work i could recommend but you can try petrol before buying any of that as a quick cheap alternative.

Best stuff I've used is paint thinners and a plastic trim tool scraper if that dont break it down your not getting it off without repainting it

Reactions: AvantMike
I bought some polishing pads from fleabay to use with a hand-held drill/driver. they're more aggressive than a hand polish, by the same token they'll go through lacquer and paint quickly too.
Meguaires Scratch X is the best polishing compound I've used so far.

Unless of course you've tried machine polishing already.

If it is adhesive residue then I've found nail varnish remover or acetone works.
Use a microfibre cloth for added abrasion.

If typical removers and even neat petrol hasn't touched it I'd be inclined to think that it has damaged the clearcoat

Hoping I'm wrong. But your only other alternative is polishing it off/sanding then polishing it imo

Reactions: Ricky Burrows