GlynRS2's Sepang Blue S5 Sportback blog

D'you what.. I almost prefer those wheels on your car... they brighten it up immensely :D

I still think the Black Edition rotors are my favourite wheel, but I like the look of these too.
I agree they certainly brighten up the car quite a bit.

Maybe I need a second bright finish grille to go with them and change back to black edition when I put the summer wheels on again next March/April?
Although changing the grille isnot quite so easy as just change wheels over :confused:

Update on the 034 Motorsport Transmission Mount insert:

034 Motorsport Transmission Mount insert

Something else I had be meaning to do for some time was fit the 034 Motorsport Transmission Mount insert I had got off Cuppa.

Quick look under the car shows the original item, not hidden by any covers:

2014-12-07133042_zps74acd1d1.jpg

Easy to remove with a M10 spline bit.

New 034 Motorsport part:

2014-12-07133050_zps28250078.jpg

With the OE part:

2014-12-07133320_zpsabfb5247.jpg

and new part fitted:

2014-12-07133542_zps03ff6e2c.jpg

10 min job.
Now to see if I can feel the difference.
:racer:

Wow! What a difference this makes. Gear changes are now imperceptably smooth.
I really recomend this mod to anyone with the S-tronic box. Best thing I have done so far
:thumbs up:

I didn't have to get past under tray on my 2014 model so they must have changed it. I had unrestricted access.

Undertray - gate...!
Maybe they forgot to take the extra bit off as part of the pre-delivery?
Might explain why I'm averaging 36mpg, in a 2.0TDI. Could have had an S3 doing that mileage....

Undertray - gate...!
Maybe they forgot to take the extra bit off as part of the pre-delivery?
Might explain why I'm averaging 36mpg, in a 2.0TDI. Could have had an S3 doing that mileage....

Post a pic of this mysterious undertray.
I guess it could be some additional sound-proofing for the TDI, that may not be needed on petrol models?

Great thread here! Your car looks awesome and I love the subtle mods! Looking at an S5 for myself this year!

Reactions: GlynRS2
What are your thoughts on carbon fiber wrapping the roof and silver wing mirrors? Do you think it will immensely increase the look of the sepang blue S5 sportback black edition?

What are your thoughts on carbon fiber wrapping the roof and silver wing mirrors? Do you think it will immensely increase the look of the sepang blue S5 sportback black edition?

Yes that could look good or even a gloss black wrap to the roof and mirrors. The black edition + has gloss black mirrors and gloss black sill blades. :cool:

Reactions: CarsOverGirls
Yes that could look good or even a gloss black wrap to the roof and mirrors. The black edition + has gloss black mirrors and gloss black sill blades. :cool:

you didn't opt for Audi drive select? Ah I didn't know S5 had the black edition plus option,I heard the black edition plus now replaces the black edition across A5's

Not sure about gloss black,always though it's for douchebags. The roof,wing mirrors and sill blades,all in carbon fiber would look amazing

After 4 years and just under 19,000 miles it will soon be time to say good bye to my S5 for the last time.
Last week it in went in for it's annual service and MOT at Worthing Audi and somehow I ended up taking a RS6 Performance for a test drive. :racer:

This was a fatal move and a complex man maths calculation ensued that persuaded my personal finance controller (SWMBO) that it was a sensible to change.:thumbs up:

Following that an agreeable deal was negotiated and tomorrow the S5 will be going in to Worthing Audi in part-ex for the RS6 Performance, which is also in Serpang Blue with black styling pack :sunglasses:

2018-10-16-17-56-33.jpg

2018-10-16-17-53-50.jpg

The S5 is still in stunning condition and if anyone is interested in it then contact Shane Thomas at Worthing Audi on 01903 231111, registration GV64 XOM.

I will post up some final pictures of the S5 under my ownership later. It has been a fantastic car in a great spec and a big part of me will be sad to see it go :cry:

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Radford212, RS5 JON and 1 other person
After 4 years and just under 19,000 miles it will soon be time to say good bye to my S5 for the last time.
Last week it in went in for it's annual service and MOT at Worthing Audi and somehow I ended up taking a RS6 Performance for a test drive. :racer:

This was a fatal move and a complex man maths calculation ensued that persuaded my personal finance controller (SWMBO) that it was a sensible to change.:thumbs up:

Following that an agreeable deal was negotiated and tomorrow the S5 will be going in to Worthing Audi in part-ex for the RS6 Performance, which is also in Serpang Blue with black styling pack :sunglasses:

2018-10-16-17-56-33.jpg

2018-10-16-17-53-50.jpg

The S5 is still in stunning condition and if anyone is interested in it then contact Shane Thomas at Worthing Audi on 01903 231111, registration GV64 XOM.

I will post up some final pictures of the S5 under my ownership later. It has been a fantastic car in a great spec and a big part of me will be sad to see it go :cry:

Good decision mate, very good. Word you mind sharing the spec including £££££ as I am looking at an RS Performance as well. Would give us some ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Tashfeen

The full spec is as follows:

RS6 Performance Avant 4.0 TFSI quattro tiptronic

Power: 605 PS

Exterior

E9E9 Sepang blue, pearl effect

Interior

UB Material: Valcona leather honeycomb-quilted design with RS6 embossing on the front seats
Seats: Black with contrast stitching in grey
Dashboard: Black
Carpet: Black
Headlining: Black

Optional Equipment
PCN Assistance Pack
PGB Audi hands-free boot opening system with Advanced key
5MB Carbon inlays
PA2 Dynamic package
6FJ Exterior mirror housings in high-gloss black
PA7 Gloss Black Styling Package including air intake duct with quattro logo
KS1 Head-up display
3FU Panoramic glass sunroof
WF5 Parking Pack Advanced
N5M Valcona leather honeycomb-quilted design with RS6 embossing on the front seats
1D0 Without towbar preparation
PAS 21” x 9.5J ‘5-V-spoke’ star design black-gloss alloy wheels with 285/30 R21 tyres

Standard equipment
Wheels tyres
Tool kit and car jack
Tyre pressure monitoring system
Tyres 285/30 R21
21” x 9.5J ‘5-V-spoke’ star design titanium-look alloy wheels with 285/30 R21 tyres
Replaced by: 21” x 9.5J ‘5-V-spoke’ star design black-gloss alloy wheels with 285/30 R21 tyres (contained in 21” x 9.5J ‘5-V-spoke’ star design black-gloss alloy wheels with 285/30 R21 tyres)
Headlights
Audi Matrix LED headlights
Headlight washers
LED headlights
Exterior design
Exterior mirrors – Titanium
Replaced by: Exterior mirror housings in high-gloss black
Front spoiler
Replaced by: Front spoiler with vents for brake cooling (contained in Gloss Black Styling Package including air intake duct with quattro logo)
Rear spoiler
RS bumpers
Titanium roof rails
Replaced by: Roof rails in matt black (contained in Gloss Black Styling Package including air intake duct with quattro logo)
Titanium Styling Pack
Replaced by: Black Styling Pack (contained in Gloss Black Styling Package including air intake duct with quattro logo)
Roof systems & windows
Privacy glass
Seats
Child seat anchor
Electrically adjustable front seats
Front centre armrest
Front Super Sport seats with ‘RS’ embossed logo
Heated front seats
ISOFIX child seat mounting
Split-folding rear seats
4-way electric lumbar support
Interior design
Black headlining
Carbon with blue thread
Replaced by: Carbon
Dashboard and door trim panel one-piece, single colour
Front and rear floor mats
Illuminated door sill trims with RS 6 logo
Leather covered door armrests
Seats & seat upholstery
Valcona leather/Alcantara quilted honeycomb

Replaced by: Valcona leather honeycomb-quilted design with RS6 embossing on the front seats
Steering wheel elements & controls
Electrically adjustable steering column
RS 6 emblem on the steering wheel
RS 3-spoke flat-bottomed leather multi-function steering wheel – with gearshift paddles in aluminium-look, contrast stitching and RS emblem
Light packages
Ambient Lighting Pack
Comfort
Exterior mirrors
Power-operated tailgate
Preparation for tracking system
Storage package
Through-load facility
Audio & communication
Audi Music Interface
Bluetooth interface
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Colour Driver’s Information System (DIS) with 7” display
MMI Navigation Plus including MMI Touch
MMI Navigation Plus with MMI Touch
MMI touch
Assistance systems
Audi Parking System Plus
Replaced by: Park assist (contained in Parking Pack Advanced)
Camera and/or distance sensor (driver assistance system)
Cruise control
Replaced by: Adaptive cruise control (contained in Assistance Pack)
Hill hold assist
Safety & technology
Fuel tank: 75 litres
quattro with Sport differential
RS-specific adaptive air suspension
Replaced by: RS Sport suspension plus with Dynamic Ride Control (DRC) (contained in Dynamic package)
Sport exhaust
Top speed electronically limited to 155 mph*
Replaced by: Top speed restriction increase to 174mph* (contained in Dynamic package)

The RS6 is still on the Audi configurator if you want a play, although they are no longertaking orders.

That little lot raised the original base price of £86,460 to £95,760 or the eye watering £97,675 ROTR price paid by the original owner.
The car was first registered 31st October 2016 and has done 30,000miles. I managed to get it for my S5 plus £40,000 including 12 months VED. It has full year warranty to run and with new tyres fitted.

Reactions: V6_Man, Bristle Hound and RS5 JON
So today it was time to say goodbye to the S5. Still looking might fine:

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

Very sad to see it go :cry:

Now to get to know the new beast:

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

06.jpg

08.jpg

Feels much bigger than the S5, but one hell of an engine.
Lots of toys - better go read the manual :rtfm:
But that can wait - need to go and drive it again first :racer:

Reactions: Meemo, RS5 JON, Radford212 and 1 other person
So today it was time to say goodbye to the S5. Still looking might fine:

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

Very sad to see it go :cry:

Now to get to know the new beast:

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

06.jpg

08.jpg

Feels much bigger than the S5, but one hell of an engine.
Lots of toys - better go read the manual :rtfm:
But that can wait - need to go and drive it again first :racer:

That is one stunning car you have there! The sound they produce is incredible :wink:

@Tashfeen

The full spec is as follows:

RS6 Performance Avant 4.0 TFSI quattro tiptronic

Power: 605 PS

Exterior

E9E9 Sepang blue, pearl effect

Interior

UB Material: Valcona leather honeycomb-quilted design with RS6 embossing on the front seats
Seats: Black with contrast stitching in grey
Dashboard: Black
Carpet: Black
Headlining: Black

Optional Equipment
PCN Assistance Pack
PGB Audi hands-free boot opening system with Advanced key
5MB Carbon inlays
PA2 Dynamic package
6FJ Exterior mirror housings in high-gloss black
PA7 Gloss Black Styling Package including air intake duct with quattro logo
KS1 Head-up display
3FU Panoramic glass sunroof
WF5 Parking Pack Advanced
N5M Valcona leather honeycomb-quilted design with RS6 embossing on the front seats
1D0 Without towbar preparation
PAS 21” x 9.5J ‘5-V-spoke’ star design black-gloss alloy wheels with 285/30 R21 tyres

Standard equipment
Wheels tyres
Tool kit and car jack
Tyre pressure monitoring system
Tyres 285/30 R21
21” x 9.5J ‘5-V-spoke’ star design titanium-look alloy wheels with 285/30 R21 tyres
Replaced by: 21” x 9.5J ‘5-V-spoke’ star design black-gloss alloy wheels with 285/30 R21 tyres (contained in 21” x 9.5J ‘5-V-spoke’ star design black-gloss alloy wheels with 285/30 R21 tyres)
Headlights
Audi Matrix LED headlights
Headlight washers
LED headlights
Exterior design
Exterior mirrors – Titanium
Replaced by: Exterior mirror housings in high-gloss black
Front spoiler
Replaced by: Front spoiler with vents for brake cooling (contained in Gloss Black Styling Package including air intake duct with quattro logo)
Rear spoiler
RS bumpers
Titanium roof rails
Replaced by: Roof rails in matt black (contained in Gloss Black Styling Package including air intake duct with quattro logo)
Titanium Styling Pack
Replaced by: Black Styling Pack (contained in Gloss Black Styling Package including air intake duct with quattro logo)
Roof systems & windows
Privacy glass
Seats
Child seat anchor
Electrically adjustable front seats
Front centre armrest
Front Super Sport seats with ‘RS’ embossed logo
Heated front seats
ISOFIX child seat mounting
Split-folding rear seats
4-way electric lumbar support
Interior design
Black headlining
Carbon with blue thread
Replaced by: Carbon
Dashboard and door trim panel one-piece, single colour
Front and rear floor mats
Illuminated door sill trims with RS 6 logo
Leather covered door armrests
Seats & seat upholstery
Valcona leather/Alcantara quilted honeycomb

Replaced by: Valcona leather honeycomb-quilted design with RS6 embossing on the front seats
Steering wheel elements & controls
Electrically adjustable steering column
RS 6 emblem on the steering wheel
RS 3-spoke flat-bottomed leather multi-function steering wheel – with gearshift paddles in aluminium-look, contrast stitching and RS emblem
Light packages
Ambient Lighting Pack
Comfort
Exterior mirrors
Power-operated tailgate
Preparation for tracking system
Storage package
Through-load facility
Audio & communication
Audi Music Interface
Bluetooth interface
BOSE Surround Sound System
Colour Driver’s Information System (DIS) with 7” display
MMI Navigation Plus including MMI Touch
MMI Navigation Plus with MMI Touch
MMI touch
Assistance systems
Audi Parking System Plus
Replaced by: Park assist (contained in Parking Pack Advanced)
Camera and/or distance sensor (driver assistance system)
Cruise control
Replaced by: Adaptive cruise control (contained in Assistance Pack)
Hill hold assist
Safety & technology
Fuel tank: 75 litres
quattro with Sport differential
RS-specific adaptive air suspension
Replaced by: RS Sport suspension plus with Dynamic Ride Control (DRC) (contained in Dynamic package)
Sport exhaust
Top speed electronically limited to 155 mph*
Replaced by: Top speed restriction increase to 174mph* (contained in Dynamic package)

The RS6 is still on the Audi configurator if you want a play, although they are no longertaking orders.

That little lot raised the original base price of £86,460 to £95,760 or the eye watering £97,675 ROTR price paid by the original owner.
The car was first registered 31st October 2016 and has done 30,000miles. I managed to get it for my S5 plus £40,000 including 12 months VED. It has full year warranty to run and with new tyres fitted.

That's one hell of a spec and a cracking deal you've got here mate. Welldone and congrats on the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine that's a fantastic car. But indeed it is the size that puts me off. My S5 sportback is bigger than the B5 S4 avant it replaced and there are still plenty of times when I'm driving my S5 and it feels a bit too wide on some roads. The RS6 must be a lot bigger still, so in spite of that powerful engine there must be some roads where you simply cannot risk driving it fast?

It does feel bigger than the S5, but well planted. After 4 years I knew how to place the S5 very well and it rarely felt like a big car. It takes me a littel time to get to know how big a new car is and how it handles etc., you then know when you can attack and when to back off. Still in the getting to know each other stage at present, so taking it a little slow and safe for time being.
The exhaust makes an absolutely crazy sound in dynamic mode - very addictive. However, as quiet as a limo in comfort.

Reactions: Meemo and V6_Man
Your S5 was a fantastic car and the RS6 is even better. I'm sure you already know this but but make sure you tighten up your security where you park the car as these cars and thief magnets unfortunately.

Use a DiskLok when parking as an additional visible deterent and made sure had good insurance cover