Goin halfords at 3pm what wax/ polish should i get ? I want the car to be shiny

TDI140

Reaction score
What wax or polish should i get for my car i will wash it wish auto glym shampoo that i have its green and does a very good job but want the shine to last, whats available at halfords thats good and dont want cheap shiz

Whatever you get to wax/polish make sure you get some Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax too.
Excellent for a quick top up of your wax after washes and between proper full on waxes (if you can be bothered to do them).

Comes as a spray. One panel at a time... spray on... wipe in... wipe off. You're left with a very good shine and proper smooth paintwork to the touch. Takes about 10-15mins to do the entire car.

Halfords sell it but not sure for how much. Eurocarparts do it for about £11.

Get involved!

they do a most of the Autoglym line in halfords I think. SRP is always a nice polish to use, I use that with their extra gloss protection and works well.

Autoglym super resisin, then finish off with Zymol wax cleaner.

then a quick detailer. DONE.

1. wash with super resin that i already have
2. Apply wax
3.and get some meguirs and use that to finish it off ?

Ill get couple pics up after ive done it because its filthy at the moment lol

Whats the best thing to use when applying wax ? As in what do i apply it and rub it in with ?

Get yourself over on detailing world mate! More than enough advice over there!

You would be better ordering products offline that going to halfords, theres alot better products out there!

Need them today as i work during the week and dont have tome after work due to goin gym etc etc so today is the day to washhh it and sparkle it up

Agree with Ads on the Quik Wax, top job for a quick spruce up.
I always go for the AutoGlym Ultra Deep Shine polish, works really well with dark cars
then follow up with AutoGlym Extra Deep Gloss sealant, does the job for me.
Put on and off with a good microfibre cloth.

easy to use ? And what cloth should i use to rub it in. ??

yeah I find the applicators good. Just buff with a good
microfibre, if you've got a bandq near you check that out as they do good Kent microfibres and also sometimes have 3for2 on car care and usually stock autoglym range.

If you're washing car today find a shady spot, nothing worse than polishing and waxing in direct sun!!

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Washed, waxed and mint !!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 294
Reactions: sliced
Top job mate. Car looks very smart.

what did you go for in the end?

Looks excellent, I like those wheels too. Nice car!
Thanks mate

Went for dodo juice wax and the maguirs wax spray stuff and detailer with micro fibre cloth came out proper shiny and smooth

I use the muc-off shampoo. It's in a pink bottle. Very good stuff and leaves a very nice finish, to top off I usually use auto Glym aqua wax after every wash and buff it off, best wax i've found for the money is auto Glym hd wax :)

The Zymol shampoo's at Halfords are brilliant, good price, sudsy, slick and cheap! I find the foam applicators don't last very long. I still have my autoglym HD wax and original applicators after three years and they look good as new. HD wax is also brilliant but can be bought for much less online.

I use the muc-off shampoo. It's in a pink bottle. Very good stuff and leaves a very nice finish, to top off I usually use auto Glym aqua wax after every wash and buff it off, best wax i've found for the money is auto Glym hd wax :)

big fan of MucOff they had in on offer in screw fix a while back £2 for 500ml. Found it lasts ages, streak free and foams really well

Auto glym shampoo and conditioner streak free finish thats what i washed it with came up proper smooth when running my hand accross it

Looks wicked man,
but did you miss out clay bar?

Thanks mate
Clay bar is long job plus didnt have clay bar but my mate has used it on my car few time hes a veleter doesn a good job but lives a little far to travel and do my car

Reactions: sliced