Golf R estate

ianv5

Reaction score
Currently have an a4 avant quattro s-tronic and thinking of changing!

I am looking at buying the VW golf r estate. Boot is bigger than the avant, just got another dog so need more space. Golf r specs are really good and performance is better than my a4 tsfi avant quattro. Have managed to secure a deal with 6500k off the retail price which is pretty good!

Anyone had experience of the golf r, thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian,

When I got the S4 last year I was also considering the Golf R but at the time with the discounts available on the S4 it was a bit of a no brainer. I haven't driven the estate, but spent a few days with a DSG hatch and it was pretty impressive. Genuinely rapid and very solid feel. The only thing you might find coming from the audi is that the interior still feels a bit inferior.
It's all nice, but you can tell its from a class below the A4. I.e you're buying a top of the range cheaper model.
That said, I think for the money, it would be very hard to find a quicker, more practical new car at the moment.

The only bit that would really aggravate me - but is a bit of a non issue unless you have a bit of an OCD - is that the outer (I think) of each exhaust tip is a fake. With the hatch, they both work in race mode, but on the estate one simply isn't connected as I understand.
I'd say it's also worth speccing the DCC if you do go for it as it means you can have a nice and comfortable family/dog carrier, then change to a far more focused set up very easily.

This is one of the best features of the S4 in my view.

Ols

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RSTHRILLER
Thanks for the feedback. I went from a mk5 golf gti to the audi and yes I did notice a difference in quality. Can't afford an s4 and was surprised at the size of the golf boot after doing some research, not many cars come close! Also want the Dcc so can have a play and also be sensible with the family and dogs. Also the deal sounds good when I can pick up a new one cheaper than a secondhand one! Also not that common and Def a 'q' car. Interesting point about the exhaust! Going to the garage today to possibly do the deal.

Done the deed! Lapiz blue with Dcc, hopefully delivered September for 66 reg! Cracking deal with nearly 8k off list price plus free servicing and gap insurance!

Reactions: RSTHRILLER and James_TDi
Sounds like a great deal. Look forward to seeing some pics when you pick it up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk