Gone and got a 360 today :)

S3K

Reaction score
Got the full system and must say its ****** brill....got 3 games with it...Project Gotham, Condemned and Dead or Alive 4. Graphics are great on my HD 42" plasma but would like to know how to get online? It came with an ethernet cable but what else do I need? I am already on broadband so what other hardwear do I need to connect up? I dont have a wireless network so do I need another modem? And I take it I still use my own broadband connection and dont need to sign up to another?

Cheers for any help guys...not been online with a console b4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Step by step guide

The guide asks you a few questions and then tells you the best way to connect.

I have 3 xboxs. 2 hard wired and the 360 wireless, you can do it either way rather easily.

If you get stuck give me a shout. And of course let us know your gamer tag.

Kev.

Cheers bud will give it a proper look later. Still looks a likkle complicated lol....think I will stick to gas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you've got a modem or router modem with a spare ethernet port on the back just wire it up and off you go (almost, there can be complications). If you don't have any ethernet ports but you do have wireless, set up ICS on the PC and just connect a wireless bridge or the offcial 360 wireless adapter to the box.

All you're looking at doing is connecting your 360 to your BroadBand.

Kev.

Finaly got it all sorted...am now on live And all the PC's and my PSP is wireless around the house. Fantastic. Played quite a few rounds of PGR last night and think its top. My gamer tag is Ringo179. Thought I might wanna change it. Just was quite surprised I managed to hook it all up. Not been too deep into it yet but if ya wanna hook up just add me.

Cheers for the help that link was top /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Glad to hear it's all up and running!

I'm mainly on PGR and GR2 at the moment, GR3 is out on Friday so that will be taking alot of my time.

If you fancy hooking up with some 360 players who are a good laugh and don't take things too serously, then check out Lick My Ear and click on the forum link - you'll see me on there - you should be able to guess my gamer tag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kev.

Looks ok...shall sign up a bit later. GR3 looks pretty damn good. Just seen the trailer but not much else. Is it gonna be on xbox live? If so me thinks we will be off to nettos this week shopping cos of the small fortunes spent on my 360 so far haha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guessing your Audi on that forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I am too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif poor at PG3 at the moment, so maybe that place will suite me if its not taken too seriously /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah, GR3 is live, can't wait! Just want HD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kev.

Gotta say again how impressive it all looks in HD. Not trying to wind you up or owt lol. Just signed up over there will have a better look later. Gotta sort out my wireless connection though. Apparently I am lagging quite a bit but it looks ok my end. A few theathing troubles me thinks. Ah well at least it works.

S 3K your potentially gonna have more problems with a wireless connection than with the RJ45 (CAT5) connection. For playing online games you are better off with a cable connection mate!

Am with BT. Got the official wireless microsoft adapter to plug into the back of the xbox which runs off the new router. Seems to run alot better when I aint downloading at the same time. I would rather run the pc off the ethernet point on the router and thats at the other side of the house so unless I wanna run another loooooong cable to the xbox thats how it will be for now I guess. Am new to this networking malarky but will get there in the end /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif