good day/bad day!

SteveS

S6 avant
Reaction score
got my reg certificate today for my cheapy £399 private plate so went to local dvla and got it transfered.

then look what i did in the carpark outside after on a broken kerb:sorry: first time ive ever kerbed a wheel!

do i get a refurb on it or should i use this as my excuse to have a new set. maybe the BBS CH or RX11 wheels ive always liked??? trouble is the s4 is an understated car anyway so if i get new wheels it may loose some of the s4 identity.
opinions please guys!

Nightmare..!!

I'd stick with the standard rims though and either go for a refurb, or sometimes you can pick up the odd new OE wheel on fleabay quite cheaply without a tyre.

Oh, and I went down the El cheapo route with a private plate too...all for 250 sheets. :)

I'd stick with the OEM wheels they are the ones that are supposed to be on it and they say S4. :icon_thumright:

Stick with OEM rims. There's a guy lives near me has some crappy rims and horrible rear lights on his S4. Just makes it a chav car IMHO.

Know exactly how you feel about kerbing an alloy.....I had my brand new 18" RS6 replicas on my A4 Avant for 2 months before I kerbed one - First Time I have ever kerbed an alloy !!! Just cos I could not be bothered to cook and went to get a bag of chips - anyways it was only a small graze....still costing me £40 to get it fixed properly....and yes I was gutted when i did it !!!! I was even considering buying a single replica alloy....

If you have OEM alloys get it refurbed - make sure you go on recommenedation - dont let any old bodgers get hold of your precious alloy !

Macduff said:
Stick with OEM rims. There's a guy lives near me has some crappy rims and horrible rear lights on his S4. Just makes it a chav car IMHO.

Is that guy a member of this forum by any chance...:eyebrows:

.....oh and Get a set of Genuine New Rs4's...If you can get em!!!!

If not then most Defo stick to the Originals mate, Like its been said, Its an S4 made to look like an S4, Not a Look Alike if you gets me!!!:readit:

all solved now! as its got a full size alloy spare, ive put that on but tyre had a screw in it so ended up having a set of avon zz3's fitted today as the tyres were mixed makes and 2 were not brilliant.The kerbed one is now the spare with the best one of the old tyres on. i'l get it painted soon. im sticking with the s4 alloys now. thanks for the advice guys. it was upsetting me seeing a big scuff across the wheel but happy again now - well as happy as you can be after being quoted £173 a tyre! he did a decent disscount for a set though.:rolleyes:

Steve, you should have got a lovely set of BBS CH's on it. Nothing beats BBS wheels.:jump:

ive always liked the bbs CH and the RX11 but they are expensive and i'l loose some of the s4 identity by taking off the standard ones, but i have only had it a fortnight so maybe i'l change my mind again:rolleyes: if i do buy some BBS alloys i'l keep the s4 ones for winter/track use but it wont be for a while yet!

This is what an S4 estate looks like with BBS CH in 19's:

DSC06074Large.jpg

steve just a thought was the broken kerb sticking out or out of place etc?, just wondering as if it was then maybe you could claim for the repairs to the wheel, if their carpark wasnt maintained or safe to use etc

alan

it was sticking out, not in line with the others. partly my own fault for talking to the missis while reversing close to the kerb. on mine the pass side mirror goes down when you engage reverse but you can stop it doing that by having the mirror knob in the centre position - which i had done so didnt see it coming!! i was fuming all day after!

I heard a rumour that awsome where selling there bbs ch's off very cheap!

If so ill have your curbed s4's as i only have 3, rs4's at the moment as the tyre garage has wrecked one doing a slow puncture!!!!!

A mate of mine tried his hardest to claim from the council for his damaged Alloy due to a pot hole....He got jask *****!! Soon as he reported it, he went back to the road couple days later to take some close up pics and the hole had been repaired.

If only he'd of took the pics there and then!!!

my dad once managed to get a pair of wheels paid for. it was a massive hole and burst a tyre and dented both n/s wheels but he took pics at the scene and luckily got it sorted after sending photo's of the hole and the van plus a bill!