Good news for 3.0TDI's with BV50 (to 2260vk)

bobby singh

BSR
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Finally found a good oem+ method for 2260vk fitment with Hella actuator to the older gen BV cars

Enjoy

Reactions: Sonnyj1
Finally found a good oem+ method for 2260vk fitment with Hella actuator to the older gen BV cars

Enjoy

Nice one Bobby!
Just got myself a an A6 C6 3.0TDi with the BV50. But I’ve been reading up on what you’ve been saying about the gearboxes aren’t great, but I’d like to up the power a bit though.
Would this be the best route or a mild BV50 hybrid?

Nice one Bobby!
Just got myself a an A6 C6 3.0TDi with the BV50. But I’ve been reading up on what you’ve been saying about the gearboxes aren’t great, but I’d like to up the power a bit though.
Would this be the best route or a mild BV50 hybrid?
Gearbox still does 400nm / 800nm plus so should be enough
If you want hybrid then we have to do the route mentioned in the video or stick to the stock turbo upto around 290hp / 680nm
Doing a hybrid on the BV50 unit is a waste of time

Thanks

Gearbox still does 400nm / 800nm plus so should be enough
If you want hybrid then we have to do the route mentioned in the video or stick to the stock turbo upto around 290hp / 680nm
Doing a hybrid on the BV50 unit is a waste of time

Thanks
I didn’t realise the BV50 was such a bad turbo.
So as long as I keep it under 800nm, the auto box should be fine?
Aiming for 700nm will keep it safe.
What makes it so poor for a Hybrid?

Last edited:
More than peak torque figure the torque curve also has a big impact but yes if the hardware is healthy I dont see 800nm a issue.
BV50's are useless - they break with stock power and the actuators are problematic, it was the whole reason I converted it to a 2260vk hybrid.

Thanks

More than peak torque figure the torque curve also has a big impact but yes if the hardware is healthy I dont see 800nm a issue.
BV50's are useless - they break with stock power and the actuators are problematic, it was the whole reason I converted it to a 2260vk hybrid.

Thanks
Yes keep the torque delivery smooth and not aggressive.

so where can I find out what parts you’ve used to do the conversion?

Yes keep the torque delivery smooth and not aggressive.

so where can I find out what parts you’ve used to do the conversion?
I do a drive in/out on there contact me if you are interested
I would also recommend injectors as the early injectors used in these cars are useless