Good rubber mats?

sixlargebeers

Reaction score
I am looking to get a set of good quality rubber mats for my S3 SB (2015) to fit over the nice standard velour mats - really just to take the worst of the winter muck. There are various options online but I thought this would be the best place to canvass opinion based on your experiences.

Thanks

I wouldn't bother getting ones to fit over standard mats. The rubber mats from Audi fit to the mat pegs in the floor, the only downside for teh S3 is that they have A3 on them.

I had a set in mine all last winter and they didn't move, also they cover the entire floor, so well worth while. And not overly expensive either. In fact I haven't taken them out since last year, they have been in all summer.

So I'd recommend getting OEM rubber mats and taking your OEM carpet ones out for the winter at least. If you try to put rubber ones over the standard carpet mats they will slip all over the place.

Reactions: glospete and sixlargebeers
I bought a set of rubber mats for my S3 sportback from the local dealer. £74 quid. Fit is perfect.

Reactions: sixlargebeers
Get the dealer ones, A3 sign does not matter. I went for some high quality mats in my last A3, they got worn out within a few months! Rubber all the way now

As above the Audi ones are fine, when the get bogging, take them out, hose them down, dry and put back in the car. My rubber mats stay in from October - April then back to carpet

Reactions: batch and sixlargebeers
Check out the parts request thing here; Mike offers a great service.

I got Audi ones as well. I planned to use them just for winter, but never got to putting the carpet mats back. As has been said they fit perfectly and can be washed down.
And it's much more relaxing not to have to worry about muck in the car!

I've still got my old 8P ones, been meaning to try them and see if they're tolerable!

Rubber mats are gross!! Carpet mats for the win...................easy to keep clean if you keep on top of it regularly.....................and feel great with my slippers....................like home from home ;)

Thanks guys. All very helpful - except Simon L of course :)

Mr C - went to parts request. I wasn't aware of it before - Mike has my request, although he's off ill today so it'll be tomorrow before he can get me a price. Won't matter anyway as I've alread decided I'll be getting the OEM mats. Will hoover the carpet mats and store for winter. Thanks again.

Reactions: Simon L
Thanks guys. All very helpful - except Simon L of course :)

Mr C - went to parts request. I wasn't aware of it before - Mike has my request, although he's off ill today so it'll be tomorrow before he can get me a price. Won't matter anyway as I've alread decided I'll be getting the OEM mats. Will hoover the carpet mats and store for winter. Thanks again.

Oi, anymore of that and I'm gonna go back to calling you sixbellies! lol

..............and I was being helpful, rubber mats look awful, feel awful and in my opinion are no easier to keep clean ;) (assuming you're not wading through muddy fields in a pair of wellies.........)

ha ha Simon - six bellies is not far off the truth ! Back to circuit training on Tuesday night….problem i have is that mrs SLB has a horse and might take my beloved S3 to grotty muddy yards. Can you imagine ?

Reactions: Simon L
Yeah I have the A3 rubber mats from Audi. Excellent quality. Dealer through them in with the car so happy days.

You can get rubber mats with raised sides think they call them mud mats.I have a set for when I am marshalling on car rallies or for the winter and snow they kinda hold all the crap and it doesn't (shouldn't )get onto the carpet .I don't have an Audi though just 2 Volkswagens a Tiguan and Golf GTD

My Audi rubber mats are like that. So you get pretty much no dirt in the car and you just take the mat out and shake the muck out.
Then just wash when you wash the car.

Yes and they collect a surprising amount of water from boots etc - none goes beyond the high lip. So like everyone (except Simon L) it's OEM rubber mats for me also.

Another vote for dealer rubber A3 mats from me, good fit, good quality and less than £40!