Good test results for new Audi A3 saloon

Great find, even happier with my choice now as it was between the Audi the BMW and the Merc. Has only made the 18-20 week wait harder though!

Impressive specs in your signature BGS, nearly have everything :). How come you didn't go for the sunroof out of curiosity?

I did think about it. I had the sunroof when I originally specced up a sportback as i think it looks great on the shape. I'm not sure about how it would look on the saloon though as all the press pictures are without the sunroof. I like the cleaner lines without, I hope:) If the black styling pack were available on the Saloon i may have gone for it though.

Plus it helped soak up the some of the price difference from SB to Saloon

I am still considering buying an A3 sportback 1.4 COD. I have not yet been able to test drive one, but did get a test drive on a S line 2.0 TDI with 18" wheels. Interesting that What Car comments on the amount of road noise in the Audi, because I found it to be intrusive on my drive and was very disappointed, comparing it unfavourably with my current Jaguar XF, which I am thinking of changing because I want a petrol engine and smaller car.
Is anyone able to give their opinion on how much, if any, road noise is less with 17" wheels?

Is it me, or is the A3 saloon sport in the road test equipped with S-line wheels. ;)

Is it me, or is the A3 saloon sport in the road test equipped with S-line wheels. ;)

good spot, yep Defo s line, and review gave the bog standard they give a too bumpy ride etc which IMHO is rubbish.

My local(ish) dealership has one coming in on tues. Booked myself a test drive on Saturday...