Goodbye S3 8P3 sprint blue....Hello...

M

mjr901

Well today I'd finally had enough with the shocking manual gearbox on the S3.

so Ive chopped in my 09 plate sprint blue for a brand new Ibis white black edition S-tronic. Pictures will follow once they've actually registered it and I've collected :)

Makes me wonder why they use the manuals at all, DSG is just awesome!!

Anything to tell me about do's and dont's in the DSG?

Fantastic choice, Fella! DSG is as you say AWESOME!! No particular do's or dont's, ..apart from DO enjoy!! :wub: xx

Haha, "DO enjoy" - I like that.

Its taken me a while to get used to the DSG box but now I'm coming round to its way of thinking I'm starting to enjoy and appreciate it more ;)

sounds like youve got yourself a cracking motor :)

DSG FTW.

Always use the handbrake. Don't park up and leave the handbrake off. It can and will eventually snap the locking pin.

Reactions: nally
to be honest I barely even took in the rest of the car whilst I tested it. I just focused on the gearbox and basically said yeah I'll have it! Do all black editions have the same spec?

What did you hate about the manual box in the S3?
Seems like we have (had) similar cars and apart from the throw being a little large (nothing a short shifter can't fix), i find it quite a nice manual to live with (and I came from a DSG).

Anywhoo, congrats on the new purchase of the BE. Very nice indeed!

Was purchasing an S3 s-tronic not a consideration?

Can't recall if they are now 7 gears as opposed to my current 6

S3 S-Tronic is 6 speed and 7 in RS3. I love the DSG but now and then keep going for a clutch! Well weird. I've had it since Sept. lol

What did you hate about the manual box in the S3?
Seems like we have (had) similar cars and apart from the throw being a little large (nothing a short shifter can't fix), i find it quite a nice manual to live with (and I came from a DSG).

Anywhoo, congrats on the new purchase of the BE. Very nice indeed!

The manual in mine is very clunky , Audi just said it was normal. Ive just had my remap removed from
it so it's clean when I goes back to Audi. yes it's slower but it's alot smoother to drive. probably just a **** map ruining the whole experience. Nevermind. new car Monday! :)

I assume I am being dumb here so please excuse me but... Why can't you get a dsg quattro? I wanted both when I ordered but I could only get the 2.0 black edition 170 quattro manual...

I said it may be dumb....

Cheers