Google Earth/Satellite Maps

Not a bad price at all. Not having the satellite view really does cheapen the look of the SatNav view on the VC IMO.

Does the chap happen to knowing it will work on your specific car before paying/trying at all? Ie did you supple him with your VIN prior to paying up and applying the updates?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like I was posting as you posted

He sent me some files to put on an sd card, along with a step by step pdf. Followed the instructions and the car generated some extra files onto the card unique to the car. I sent these files back to him, he replied with the final update files and then everything worked.

30mins start to finish, and that's including the time waiting for emails back and forth, so not long at all really

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Sounds like we finally have an answer then. I will see how it pans out in the next few weeks. Keep us posted.

Looks like I've been the guinea pig for this

If you read earlier in the thread, I've had two appointments with Audi, and basically been told no as I had the older chip.
I checked out the link above, and have been messaging the guy this afternoon. He provides update files to run from an SD card, as well as step by step instructions with screenshots on a pdf...

...and...it's all working again! Couldn't be more pleased!

From what I can gather, the update changes the MMI search path for Google Earth from the Audi servers that have been switched off, to connect to the Google servers directly, as a result, it should be almost invincible now unless Google drastically change their services.

All other connect services still work as usual, the update has only changed the map overlay. It's not the new, inferior (so I hear) replacement service either. It's normal Google maps proper, just exactly the same as before

Thanks
fca938f5d0a421f934c4d49f4950f4b8.jpg
952348fa305de9b251ec878537d46b75.jpg
86c15e7cd01bcdcb297e2c53a78a4b34.jpg

That is great news I hope you mentioned my post here, I might get a discount! But actually it is a good price (compared to the connect price now you have to pay each year) per as I believe it should last a number of years. Did Congo say how long they think it will last?

Hi all

Congo allowed me to install everything completely and test at my leisure before I actually handed over any money. So I only paid once I was 100% sure I had seen it working.
Didn't supply my Vin, just the software pic I posted here to ask initially.

He thinks it should last at least several years, it's a direct connection to a a Google, so unless they change anything drastically which would affect all mobiles as well etc, it should be fine.
He does seem to be an actual retrofit business in Bulgaria from what I can see, and promises lifetime adjustments if it does need tweaking, and some kind of a refund if by any chance it does go down in the first few months and he can't fix, but this seems unlikely.

Yes 70euro is mentioned, but that only applies to the mmi 3g installed to the b8.5. I think our systems are a later project for him, a bit more complex and the post simply hasn't been updated yet

Looks like I've been the guinea pig for this
That is great news @gregpot2000 - and very encouraging.

I (like many I've read) was getting a bit fed up of this thread and resigned to the the unfortunate reality that my VC will just look ***** forever more! :D .. so reading this is a nice turn around, I'll definitely be looking into the fix.

Having said that, I've just done a quick Google to see who else is now offering this type of service/fix (if 1 person is doing it, likely more will be also) and after 30 seconds of checking I come across this chap - https://www.makcoding.co.uk/product/audi-google-earth-fix-update-mib2/

Am I missing something or is this the exact same fix for £25?

I am still not up on my MMI, MIB, and MY terminology so apologies in advance if this is not relevant,

Jon

##### IGNORE THIS ###### ... I've just re-read the website and states only for Qualcomm, and I believe the problematic units in questions (Like my 2016 A4 B9) are NVIDIA. Oh well :(

Last edited:

I (like many I've read) was getting a bit fed up of this thread and resigned to the the unfortunate reality that my VC will just look ***** forever more! :D .. so reading this is a nice turn around, I'll definitely be looking into the fix.

Having said that, I've just done a quick Google to see who else is now offering this type of service/fix (if 1 person is doing it, likely more will be also) and after 30 seconds of checking I come across this chap - https://www.makcoding.co.uk/product/audi-google-earth-fix-update-mib2/

I am still not up on my MMI, MIB, and MY terminology so apologies in advance if this is not relevant,

Jon

##### IGNORE THIS ###### ... I've just re-read the website and states only for Qualcomm, and I believe the problematic units in questions (Like my 2016 A4 B9) are NVIDIA. Oh well :(
Hi There
If you look around on the links on A5OC.....Congo actually posted the files for Qualcomm, which I believe are exactly the same as Dealers use for free downloading, so anyone is welcome download and try on their car.

I, and you as you mention have the NVIDIA chip for which there is no official solution, so there is a bit more work involved in the fix.

I know what you mean, I was getting fed up as well, I had several appointments at the dealership.....(having to get taxis home as they won't give courtesy cars at the moment!) several calls Audi UK and just generally getting nowhere fast. I'm glad to have finally just wrapped up the saga once and for all, with a solution that's even better than the official solution as it restores real Google data back, not the new alternative which isn't as high resolution

Reactions: Nightbreed

Jon

If you read one of my postings that fix is only for the Qualcomm units not the older Nvidia units. Makcoding let me try his fix free of charge to see if it worked. It didn't which is why I am now also in contact with 'Congo' about the same fix that Gregpot2000 has just done.

If you read one of my postings that fix is only for the Qualcomm units not the older Nvidia units. Makcoding let me try his fix free of charge to see if it worked. It didn't which is why I am now also in contact with 'Congo' about the same fix that Gregpot2000 has just done.
Hope it all goes OK. If I can offer advice in any way please let know

Hope it all goes OK. If I can offer advice in any way please let know

Thanks, I am aiming on trying it either tomorrow morning (Thursday) or Friday when I have more time available for any problems that may arise. I haven't read the instructions yet but hopefully I won't need to ask your advice as it will all go smoothly! but I will not hesitate to ask if I have any problems and thank you for the offer. Will it be better to send a message to you on A5OC if I need your advice?

That is not good, they advertise something that will do this, you sent them the correct information and they still claimed it would, yet it hasn't. You have tried to resolve it yet they've not replied. Unfortunately they are at risk as being labelled scammers.

Hi, let me just clear something up before people get the wrong idea here... We checked his software version, advised that it won't work because it isn't a Qualcomm unit but just wanted to see what the update will do and if anything can be done to Nvidia units, would like to help customers with Nvidia units ofcourse. So I sent him the update for Free but unfortunately it doesn't fix the Google Earth view as expected

We replied to him and resolved any queries he had.

We never "clamed" it would work. As you can read from his reply, he was mentioning about his Audi Dealer. Not MAK Coding

Reactions: Audi Bairn, cuke2u, Jonfun and 1 other person
That is not good, they advertise something that will do this, you sent them the correct information and they still claimed it would, yet it hasn't. You have tried to resolve it yet they've not replied. Unfortunately they are at risk as being labelled scammers.
I will reiterate again Makcoding were very helpful to me. THEY NEVER SAID IT WOULD WORK and in fact they thought it wouldn't work but Makcoding let me try the software for free. It didn't work as they thought it wouldn't. I am very grateful to them for allowing me to do this plus it upgraded my software to the latest version. I would be very happy to use Makcoding again if I need to.

This thread has eight pages and should be read through from the start so as to follow all threads written by everyone here who has been trying to help each other out over this issue with google maps and AUDI.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, cuke2u, Jonfun and 3 others
I will reiterate again Makcoding were very helpful to me. THEY NEVER SAID IT WOULD WORK and in fact they thought it wouldn't work but Makcoding let me try the software for free. It didn't work as they thought it wouldn't. I am very grateful to them for allowing me to do this plus it upgraded my software to the latest version. I would be very happy to use Makcoding again if I need to.

This thread has eight pages and should be read through from the start so as to follow all threads written by everyone here who has been trying to help each other out over this issue with google maps and AUDI.
Agreed its been very useful ...

so to summarise CONGO has the fix for the NVIDIA units, we just need to get him to drop the price now and we'll be away :D

Sounds like we finally have an answer then. I will see how it pans out in the next few weeks. Keep us posted.
Agreed its been very useful ...

so to summarise CONGO has the fix for the NVIDIA units, we just need to get him to drop the price now and we'll be away :D
Well I now have google maps back:thumbs up: after doing the update that Congo from A5OC supplied me with. I too also paid what gregpot2000 paid as well. It is for the lifetime of the system (only subject to limitations from Google itself if they change the back-end drastically) so I see it as good value for such detail on both screens. I have attached some photos from a short trip out today. It was easy to update and Congo supplies very good instructions along with the needed files and also replies very quickly if needed. Plus after using the software update from Makcoding I wasn't going in blind to software updates this way.

I don't see why Congo would/should reduce the cost after all this is how the next Amazon, Apple etc starts out and they have done all the hard work of figuring it out. There is more than enough demand at this price for this update to the Nvidia problems for Google Maps. How much would Audi charge for it if indeed they could have been bothered about it.

Attachments

• 5079EFE7-1D55-4558-8FA5-1A8A42553BC8.jpeg
    5079EFE7-1D55-4558-8FA5-1A8A42553BC8.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 277
  • 76B4F439-75C9-4992-AF71-EBEEE65E62A0.jpeg
    76B4F439-75C9-4992-AF71-EBEEE65E62A0.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 347
  • A064AD70-C783-4CE1-A543-62FB449EB6FA.jpeg
    A064AD70-C783-4CE1-A543-62FB449EB6FA.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 889
Reactions: mjcourtney, biggaz76, gregpot2000 and 2 others
Google Earth started working again for me today - 2017 A6 3.0T

Reactions: Kiltedcamel
Yes I saw...interesting.
It seems to be currently only for mmi 3g which is the a4 b8.5 or the c7 A6 though.

Fingers crossed for you guys it comes back for the later systems on the b9 though!

Let’s hope Audi have pulled their fingers out!!

Got it working on my 2016 A4!! Nvidia MIB2

Just needed to do the adaptation in 5F to turn off remote_HMI.
As a result it has removed the Audi Connect icon from the MMI, but GE is working!

Hopefully it stays working.

Ge working

No audi connect

Remote HMI off

Reactions: Exx-on
you can write instructions obdeleven
This worked for me too but I still have Audi Connect visible in the MMI ! Only 3 options but it’s still there. Done using OBD11

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Excellent. Couple of quick questions.
1. Do you have an Active Audi Connect licence?
2. Do you have the Pro version of OBD Eleven, as mine is currently not the Pro version?

Excellent. Couple of quick questions.
1. Do you have an Active Audi Connect licence?
2. Do you have the Pro version of OBD Eleven, as mine is currently not the Pro version?

Hi - I do, but this mod stops the connection to Audi connect for the maps; and yes I have Pro version. So points to Audi rather than Google for the lack of GE for us...

Hi - I do, but this mod stops the connection to Audi connect for the maps; and yes I have Pro version. So points to Audi rather than Google for the lack of GE for us...

That is great news then. I assume it is a matter of turning off the setting in F5 which is under the sub heading of Vehicle Settings in OBD Eleven?

Hi, let me just clear something up before people get the wrong idea here... We checked his software version, advised that it won't work because it isn't a Qualcomm unit but just wanted to see what the update will do and if anything can be done to Nvidia units, would like to help customers with Nvidia units ofcourse. So I sent him the update for Free but unfortunately it doesn't fix the Google Earth view as expected

We replied to him and resolved any queries he had.

We never "clamed" it would work. As you can read from his reply, he was mentioning about his Audi Dealer. Not MAK Coding
Thanks for clarifying this...

Hi, I have just disabled remote HMI but I have had no luck so far. Any other info would be helpful, Did you turn the ignition off after changing the setting?

UPDATE. I have restarted the car and now I have Google Earth back where it should be on both the centre and the VC screens. I do not have the Audi Connect option visible however.

This is great news! I’ll give this a burn at the weekend with my OBD11.

If I’m honest I never use the Audi Connect ‘app’ as it is - would much rather prefer having Google Maps back!!

This doesn’t by any chance deactivate anything like MyAudi destinations in the Nav does it?

If I’m honest I never use the Audi Connect ‘app’ as it is - would much rather prefer having Google Maps back!!

This doesn’t by any chance deactivate anything like MyAudi destinations in the Nav does it?

I only ever used the Map feature so I am happy with the set up as it is. Not sure if it deactivates anything else, but I assume if you turn back on the RMI in OBD eleven it will put it back to the previous state. NerouseKnero still had the Audi Connect in the MMI but mine is like 148Marko where the Connect option has gone.

Interesting - I’ll have a play around and see what happens. I currently have an Audi Connect license valid until June this year.

I shall report back!

you can send a screenshot of how to do it in obdeleven 11 to set it. I can't find off the hmi anywhere

Last edited:

Correct - everything deactivated: depends on how much you want the Google Maps back

So - as someone who doesn’t have an active Audi connect license, if I find someone with obd11 or vcds is this likely to work or do I need a valid AC license???

This worked for me too but I still have Audi Connect visible in the MMI ! Only 3 options but it’s still there. Done using OBD11

Interesting to know that your Audi Connect is there, what three options are still there?