Q3 Google Earth seems to be working again

aj84

Reaction score
Hi all,
Bit of an odd one because in the SQ5 I've already had an update to the maps from Google earth to whatever the new Audi partnership is (I forgot what its called)
But following a thread on possibly another forum which I cannot for the life of me fine stating Google Earth works, I checked our Q3 today and sure enough...it works once again.

Might be useful to some of you if you were using it - it was refreshing seeing the detail once again in the Q3 (Pre-2019 shape) which as it is does not have the best system compared to todays model

Hi all,
Bit of an odd one because in the SQ5 I've already had an update to the maps from Google earth to whatever the new Audi partnership is (I forgot what its called)
But following a thread on possibly another forum which I cannot for the life of me fine stating Google Earth works, I checked our Q3 today and sure enough...it works once again.

Might be useful to some of you if you were using it - it was refreshing seeing the detail once again in the Q3 (Pre-2019 shape) which as it is does not have the best system compared to todays model

How old is your SQ5, missing it on my 2016, if it's back up I'll buy another data sim.

How old is your SQ5, missing it on my 2016, if it's back up I'll buy another data sim.
It works on my 2016 RSQ3 which is basically the same system, not sure if it's a temporary glitch or permanent

Reactions: SteveMcB
Sorry I should have been clear - the SQ5 is a 2018 model but the Q3 we have is the 2015 facelift model which I assume has a similar system to your SQ5 2016?

Sorry I should have been clear - the SQ5 is a 2018 model but the Q3 we have is the 2015 facelift model which I assume has a similar system to your SQ5 2016?

My SQ5 was end of line so has quite dated tech, pretty sureI it's an MMI 3G plus, (media version from setup menu is HN+_EU_AU3G_PO925) is that the same as your Q3 by any chance?

Just had a tinker and Google Earth is back on mine as well!!
Resolution doesn't look as good but am guessing that's because my data card has expired. Got a cheap 1gb in the post to test it, here's hoping!

Just to confirm folks Google Earth is back up and running on my MMI 3G plus.

Hopefully a permanent fix.

I don't like to be the bearer of bad news but I've just got off the phone to the Audi Connect helpline to ask them about Google Earth overlay re-appearing and they told me that this is purely temporary and will be disappearing again, although he couldn't tell me when. So it doesn't look as though Audi and Google have resolved their differences (whether they be technical or financial) and we'll be back to 'standard" maps again in the near future. This of course applies to MY18 or earlier cars.