Facelift Google Earth with Traffic view

cemerson

Reaction score
In the PFL car's MMI, you were able to display traffic information overlaid onto the Google Earth view. I've noticed today that the facelift car doesn't give you the same option - it's just one or the other. Quite frustrating! I know the MMI is ported over from higher end models for the facelift car, but you would have thought it would have at least equivalent functionality.

Anyone know a way around this?

Reactions: Audi Bairn
What traffic view are you referring to? I have traffic on my Facelift with Google Earth.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: DrMal
Where it colours the roads different colours depending on the traffic status. In the map view, if you switch to 'traffic' it shows this, but over the normal map background. If you select Google Earth, then you get that but with no traffic overlay. My old car was able to show both at once.

I thought the different coloured road referred to what type of road (highway, parkway etc) I'm pretty sure I read that on here somewhere.

Last time I looked Google earth view showed traffic by default. I don't use it though, it's very pretty but it's awful for 'at-a-glance' information. The default map view might not look so flash bits it's far superior in its ability to relay key information quickly,

In the PFL car's MMI, you were able to display traffic information overlaid onto the Google Earth view. I've noticed today that the facelift car doesn't give you the same option - it's just one or the other. Quite frustrating! I know the MMI is ported over from higher end models for the facelift car, but you would have thought it would have at least equivalent functionality.

Anyone know a way around this?

Mine has live traffic.. it's pretty cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine has live traffic.. it's pretty cool

can you clarify how - what markings/info does it show? I only see coloured roads which appear to be the type of road? I do see on occasions a double red car(s) icon - is this the traffic info? I do not see any written or verbal info unless I come off the map (back/left shift/click) and go to "traffic messages screen" but even then the messages are not local or relevant from what I can see! I have always struggles to understand the traffic side of things from day one!

When I'm driving and come up to a traffic problem. Firstly if I'm on navigation it will warn me of problems ahead and instantly re-route me. If I'm not on navigation the roads will show up as red in the bad areas

For me. The road becomes checkered. Is this right?
0b407ca94883381ff099cd1fdee930f5.jpg

Reactions: ChivsBang and Audi Bairn
cant say I have seen the in screen/map traffic info before - I generally leave it in map mode, so perhaps that is why but I cant remember seeing that message or chequered bits whether in map or navigation view whilst I am using google maps - I have also checked that I have online traffic info checked etc

I know I'm passing through motorway roadworks with delays tomorrow so I'll keep an eye on mine.
Normally the only congestion I encounter on my commute is a tractor or some escaped sheep :crying:

Have to laugh at the music playing while in 2km of stationary traffic!! :yes:

Reactions: vinvinian and ChivsBang

When the screen shows the item "2km stationary traffic" does it give any audible warning or does it assume you are looking at the screen. On the way back from Germany my system gave me an indication to turn off the main road but as I was doing around 90-100 mph by the time I noticed it I was passed the junction where I could turn off and then had to sit in stationary traffic for over an hour. It was not really a problem because the system had given me a route via Brussels which I was not going to follow. The diversion it was suggesting would have taken me cross country to the Brussels road where as a few miles ahead I was going to go a different way much further south across Belgium.