Google Maps is Back!!

RAF_S7

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
It seems that Google Maps has been restored, at least to the C7.5 platform - My 2016 S7 has been restored, although I'm on out of date maps.

Not sure if its a temporary restore.

Thanks to the guys on the A6 forum for the heads up :thumbs up:

Reactions: Sandra and +robster+a7+tdi
ill check it out over the weekend ... hope its back online , was gutted that this feature was gone . Its availability was the first reason i updated my mmi and inserted sim card.

Reactions: Sandra and RAF_S7
so i used car all weekend and forgot to check
so
went out there and checked after i came in from work , turned on the settings and right enough it seems its back!

to be honest i probably wouldnt of noticed it was gone if no one told me lol.

but anyway heres what im seeing
Google earth is back

for anyone thats interested
"mmi 3g high" or "3g+" whatever it is , with vodaphone data prepay sim (40GB for £28 ( 2 years to use data)bought from amazon i think it was)
My mmi 3g+only capable of 3g data im sure so the 40 gb is decent for car and ok for hotspot within reason and it lasts the duration as it aint getting swallowed up streaming movies on 4g speeds
ive got phone mirroring / hard drive movie install / dvd player and probably other means for movies if needed

Last edited:
It seems that Google Maps has been restored, at least to the C7.5 platform - My 2016 S7 has been restored, although I'm on out of date maps.

Not sure if its a temporary restore.

Thanks to the guys on the A6 forum for the heads up :thumbs up:

Isn't this feature pretty redundant now you (and I) have Android Auto installed?

Isn't this feature pretty redundant now you (and I) have Android Auto installed?
Yeah pretty much, but there are a lot of people who haven't enabled the Audi Smartphone interface, so it was more for their benefit :racer: