Google maps issues?

Yep, happened for me today... glad it’s not just me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Deep penetrator
Yep same with mine, yesterday afternoon and all day today

Same.

Performed a 2018/2019 map update and it still doesnt work.

May not be relevant but my Audi App says that the myAudi servers are down for maintenance.

Same.

Performed a 2018/2019 map update and it still doesnt work.
Be interested to know if Google streetview returns with the 2018/2019 update.

When I updated to 2018 it removed streetview.

Obviously need the system to be working at Audi's end first

There's a thread about this in the A3/S3 forum too.

In my PFL S3, the google maps is working, though the quality looks rubbish so someone suggested maybe its just in a lower reslution at the moment.

Google Earth is defaulting to the 'Traffic' Map for me which is working ok. The rest of 'Audi Connect' seems ok as well.

Google Earth is back on for me.

I tried to switch from standard to Google maps but it just says “initialising Google Earth map. Please wait...” nothing happens

So glad this isn't just me! Even went as far as resetting my MMI to factory defaults trying to fix the ****** thing...

I'm trying to work out if this has affected Audi MMI owners at the same time? Problems for me started on Friday. No Google Earth. Intermittent outage over the weekend. Would say about 80% of the time I got into the car Google Earth was down (Blue Planet initialising screen etc). Called Audi service today - they said it's a fault and to bring car in. But I'm not sure. Before I have those guys begin disassembling the car I'd like to know if others have experienced this issue around the same time as me?

anybody noticed issues with there google maps not loading up over the last 48hrs?

Just sticks on the Google Earth initialising page with the rotating timer thingy bob!
Yes, for me this started on Friday. Audi have no clue what's going on. Called their service department and they automatically assumed it's a fault with the MMI. I'm convinced this is a network issue and will be resolved/looked at once they begin receiving high volumes of complaints. There seems to be mixed reports of the success in doing a reset or update. Can anyone who said a reset/update worked please report back in to verify if that is still the case? Thanks

I am 100% sure it is a network fault at Audi's end. Mine was not working Friday and Saturday but working fine today.

I had to reselect Google earth as my map in order to get it working correctly this morning.

Mine went down again today, error message saying Audi Servers are down

I never got a message either, it stopped working on the Friday evening, nothing other Saturday, was intermittent on Sunday, seemingly back yesterday, and this morning back to nothing!

Supposedly a temporary fix for this is to keep rebooting the MMI until it works.

Push both the map & radio tabs forward as you do press the MMI wheel and it'll reboot.

Mine is working, didn’t have to do anything it’s just working when I got the Nav up today.

Woohooo, one thing that isn’t wonky on my car ;) *touch wood*

I have the same problem.

If you have an Android Phone you can get the satelite view on Google Maps.

I want to take this opportunity to remind everyone that Audi/VW/All car maps are rubbish - and that the Google Earth is only an overview that looks pretty, it is not using google maps to map your route which is why it is rubbish. I would almost rather get lost than use Audi maps/and/or Apple maps.

Mine is working this evening, stopped working yesterday afternoon.

How do you activate google maps guys?

When in NAV mode with the map displaying on the screen, press the right hand selector button on the MMI control and it will bring up the NAV settings. Under Map Appearance (I think it's called that) you can then select Google Earth.

Reactions: Tristan2