Got my first Audi, I have a few A3 queries.

y2kcurran

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently bought my first Audi, a 2006 2.0tdi 140 sport (68k) and I love it! I just have a couple of queries:

Image 1

My mate and I spent a few hours changing my front grill from stock to black honeycomb, we initially jacked the car on the wrong point.... and this is the damage done to just under the sideskirt, is there anything I should do with this maybe to protect it from the elements?

Also, the previous owner had this exhaust fitted, i'm not too keen on it but I was just concerned that only one side seems to have output, is this normal?

Image 2

This is her after a good wash/polish/wax, I have black indicators on order :)

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Darren.

Hi Darren, welcome to audi-sport.net. Where you located? You may find some info in the faqs thread, im sure one of the guys be along shortly though. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Just clean it and paint it with under seal from halfords, one of your tail pipes is probably a dummy just for looks not functional .

You can get some grips, bend it back into shape taking care, then as above clean & seal again, but the seals do get damaged by jacks unfortunately.

Also 2.0 tdi's usually have 2 pipes on one side anyway, so why yours only has 1 is strange, take pic from underneath so we can see what's been done.

Thanks for the advice on the seal!

Here are a few more pics of the exhaust, might give you a better idea:

Image 1

Image 2

Also, when changing the front grill I noticed this part of the radiator (I assume) hanging down a bit loose, its being prevented from dangling any further by a part of the undercarriage cover...how would I secure this back up to the body of the car?

Image 3 rightwayround
I admit i'm quite a noob when it comes to repairing and looking after cars but i'm a quick learner and loving getting involved with my first decent car, thanks again for any help you guys can give!

Darren.

Attachments

• image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 218
The bit hanging down is the fuel cooler iirc, this shouldn't be loose, check fixings, well torch needed as its single to dual so see if ones blocked of.

Nah I got the grill off Ebay, I have to say i'm very happy with it. The only advice I would give is that the original grill has slots that pop out of the bumper...but the grill I got didn't have the same slots but instead needed screwed into the bumper (there are plug things on the bumper to house them) but the grill didnt come with the screws so i had to look around the garage for some that would do...

Has anyone had this issue with the fuel cooler before? I've read online that it is quite common with this model and that a garage has once quoted £350 to repair it! I've also read of people pulling back the carpet, drilling through the car floor and securing the cooler with a couple of bolts/washers.....any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Darren.

Did you even bother to check the fixings as I advised?

Course I bothered, apologies I forgot to refer to that in my previous post, it has detached completely from the chassis.

Course I bothered, apologies I forgot to refer to that in my previous post, it has detached completely from the chassis.

Should be able to re-fix, but you'll need to take the carpet up to get to the top of the bolts that come through the floor, or at least take the seat out and reach your hand under the carpet