got myself a b8 ! .........cambelt questions.........

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
58 plate tdi 143....59k on clock...........im sure by age it needs cambelt/waterpupm kit.............any ideas on what torque setting are for,waterpump,tensioner etc ???????

any way to check mileage?..........i have vcds but im sure vcds wont read mileage stored in these ecu's...........its got 2 stamps in book and both m.o.t's.

My service book says 133,000 miles cambelt on the 2.0 TDI

Plenty of threads if you search on here :)
But ignore the book, it is 75k or 5 years whatever the comes first for the 2.0tdi 143 B8.
If in doubt get Audi to check based on chassi number.

thanks for the replys.......75k one sounds about right.........think il change it in a couple of days.

Tell us how you get on, I might do mine even though its not due for 85,000 miles.

vcds can read the mileage in the ecu np . it is 133,000 miles for cambelt ,but would you risk that for the sake of a few hundred quid .

BIT WEIRD THIS.........i rang audi they said change it at 75k or 5 years...........in my service book it states all audi 2.0 tdi models 114,000 miles(180,000km)

follow the book or dealer ?:banghead:

in this case dealer
they change there minds so offen

READ MILEAGE........HOW ?
vcds can read the mileage in the ecu np . it is 133,000 miles for cambelt ,but would you risk that for the sake of a few hundred quid .

Ok,changed the belt,got the full kit and waterpump from audi,changed it myself ...torqued all bolts...........job done.
Tell us how you get on, I might do mine even though its not due for 85,000 miles.

Ok,changed the belt,got the full kit and waterpump from audi,changed it myself ...torqued all bolts...........job done.

Where did you find info on locking the engine, torque settings etc?

How long did it take to do it? What has to come off to make space to do the job?

Where did you find info on locking the engine, torque settings etc?

How long did it take to do it? What has to come off to make space to do the job?

got setting off a friend...works at audi.

front bumper,undersheild,bumper beam/bar,then cambelt covers,remove all bolts from front end and pull all front forward,gives enough room do the job....took me around 5 hours,but i had alot of breaks,and did it at home.......i could do it in about 2-3 hours now.