GPS Speedometer/ Alarm.

Trevolly

Reaction score
Hi all.

Im wondering if a device exists or if anyone could recommend me a device. I work at Gatwick Airport and we have x2 speed limits on the airfield - 20mph on the airside roads and 40mph on the taxiways. Yesterday I received a warning (which could eventually lead to disciplinary proceedings) for doing 24mph for 4 seconds in a 20mph zone. This was when I was transitioning, entering a road system from a taxiway - from 40mh to 20mph.

Ive found an iPhone app that will GPS track speed and also let you set multiple speed limits, setting off a warning / alarm if you hit these. I’ve set it to 18mph for the 20mph zone and 38 for the 40mph zone. The only downer is that the app needs to be running so it drains the phones battery.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a device that would do the same which I could USB power from the vehicle. I know I could plug my iPhone in to the same USB but I’d rather not continuously charge my iPhone all day. I was looking for a device that could sit on the dash and be moved from vehicle to vehicle.

Thanks if you can help.