Great Ebay Purchase

isn't that bribing voters??

Edit: Just read the rest of it, it is a **** take

Last edited:
Ha ha ha, someone has gone to a lot of time and effort with that. The qustions and answers at the obttom are funny as well!

I read it last night, it's good stuff! It wouldn't surprise me if Labour started dishing out laptops though.

I did search on BBC on Sunday night but there was no story so I thought it was just a joke about something Labour would do to try and gain votes!

To give them to kids is understandable. But paying for broadband is a little too far IMHO

I'm very much against this scheme.

£300m it'll cost the tax-payers, money that would immensely help Haiti, as the eBay ad said on a serious note.

I'm all for kids from a poor-background be given an extra head start in life but every town has a local library, with FREE membership and free use of a Computer with Internet connection.

The world doesn't stop because another country has had an earthquake. We can't suddenly start channelling money assigned for other things over there.

I think it's important that kids grow up with computers at home. Many jobs rely on them and the lack of a computer at home will put them behind their peers in terms of experience and practise. If the kid gets the computer themselves and they're not used by the rest of the family then I'm all for it, but we know that won't happen.

I was using the Haiti situation as a means of saying that there are better things to spend the money on.

But like you implied, with the low income families being given the laptops there's no doubt that the kid who it was intended for probably wont even get it, and yes I put a big sterotype sticker over that, but in 90% of cases we all know its true.

the goverment will get scammed anyhow for some overpriced pc that is way over spec. Should just dish out recycled pc`s from large companies

I'm fairly sure they're not stupid enough to accept any old bill. It'll be capped.

I agree with the recycled idea though!