Great looking dashcam, no wires - discount code included.

auzzam_crd

Reaction score
Hi all,

It's been a while since I filmed anything to do with an A3, but fitcamX contacted me and I felt this was worth sharing with everyone as it's hands down how all dash cams should come from factory.

You can buy it from the below link and use the discount code I managed to swing:

Discount code: FIT515 for 5% off

Reactions: drgav2005, toooldforboyracing, AdamInKent and 1 other person
The fitment looks spot on and the fact that it doesn't technically need wiring in is a massive plus.

Definitely, plus the app is really slick to use.

The discount code has already been used over 50 times so super glad it was worth filming and sharing :)

Reactions: Houston
Is it troublesome to setup the rear camera with side curtain airbags? I would like to opt for front + rear but if it's a hassle due to the side curtain then i will probably just get the front one.
Also we should order model A, right?

Is it troublesome to setup the rear camera with side curtain airbags? I would like to opt for front + rear but if it's a hassle due to the side curtain then i will probably just get the front one.
Also we should order model A, right?

Shouldn't be an issue as I've wired a front and rear camera from a different brand before.

Not 100% sure on the model, best to check with the website, but the discount code should work across the full range of products.

Here's the video for guidance on how to run the cable from front to back:

It's a good concept, not allot of actual product info on there website, mostly sales orientated, which is a little concerning.

Thanks for the link and discount code! I’ve been driving myself nuts looking at dash cam reviews online. I’d previously had a Garmin 55 and Mini2… and a FitCamX in my Boxster. I didn’t think to check that they did an Audi version. The fact that it plugs into the rain sensor and doesn’t require any cable routing is a big, big plus.
Just going to get them to confirm model number (pretty sure Model A will work with power for front and rear from rain sensor) before placing the order - cheers!

Cable routing isn't a big deal if you know what you're doing. Would much rather go the front/rear dual cam route myself. I've found the rear cam has saved a lot of wrangling for 2 non-fault claims in the last 7 years.

Reactions: drgav2005
Cable routing isn't a big deal if you know what you're doing. Would much rather go the front/rear dual cam route myself. I've found the rear cam has saved a lot of wrangling for 2 non-fault claims in the last 7 years.

The FitCamX has a rear camera option too which apparently plugs into the front rain sensor.
I’d run the cables in the Boxster down the inside of the A-pillar trim and hardwired into the fuse-box - but the Boxster doesn’t have airbags in the A-pillars (they’re in the top of the door cards instead). I’m just concerned that any cables are well out of the way of the airbags. So I’ll need to see if I can find any vids on removing the a-pillar trim and positioning the cable behind the airbag.

I was lucky enough to have dashcam footage when an old lady drove into me in a car park - the insurer took one look at it and assigned it as a 3rd party fault. Now I’ve got dashcams in all the family cars.

I tried both discount codes on their site (FT515 and FIT515) but neither worked. I’ve noticed that they are also available on Amazon - although one of the reviews said that these will not work if you have matrix lights because the new fitcam housing blocks the camera… anyone confirm this?

Last edited:
I personally would not recommend this - while I loved how it is integrated and think that is very smart - the one I had on my RS3 was not reliable. It didn’t record all the time even though it was meant to and when I had an accident I had no footage. I think this is probably due to the power from the sensor in the RS3 just not being enough to keep it running even though it is meant to be.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: AdamInKent, monkeyhanger and drgav2005
I personally would not recommend this - while I loved how it is integrated and think that is very smart - the one I had on my RS3 was not reliable. It didn’t record all the time even though it was meant to and when I had an accident I had no footage. I think this is probably due to the power from the sensor in the RS3 just not being enough to keep it running even though it is meant to be.

Sorry to hear that - especially since I have one on the way! :flushed:

I had one in my Boxster and it worked - thankfully recording a no fault accident… although that was powered directly at the fuse box.

Reactions: AdamInKent
Sorry to hear that - especially since I have one on the way! :flushed:

I had one in my Boxster and it worked - thankfully recording a no fault accident… although that was powered directly at the fuse box.
I think this is a brilliant idea and design - no doubt about it. I am just not sure it is reliable enough to use everyday. However, maybe if you did power it from the fuse box that would fix the issue even in an A3/RS3.

Reactions: drgav2005
Looks good, crap in use, especially in low light conditions. Better to buy a decent front/back hardwired combo from the likes of Thinkware, Blackvue etc.