Greeny's New Motor

thats a lovelly looking motor there, my mechanic mate has a v8 sedan with a mongoose exhaust sounds awesome, and goes like a train.

Reactions: Greeny233
Just a little update. Got my wrinkle finish VHT paint and primer through just before Christmas and this evening I started the cam cover re-paint. Only managed one tonight, I'll get the other one done tomorrow. Very very happy with the finish.
364d3ad94b9db849cfe39b2a83a57103.jpg

e702b1b0829690ebe00e78abf298ae6d.jpg

Much better than the poverty spec black paint which was on there, well it was sort of on there, it was peeling and chipped.

Reactions: BigCat and DieselJake
And now finished. Best mod so far. I'm toying with the idea of doing the engine covers red also but I'm not 100% sure yet.
ed0f16797c76b7029d3d81d0b2d6d851.jpg

f12b8db04a6c7424717d2ba47addfa80.jpg

Reactions: dangriff540
Looking good. Still prefer the blue more than sliver but then I bet the exhaust note from the V8 makes up for it.lol

Reactions: NioclasO and Greeny233
Looking good. Still prefer the blue more than sliver but then I bet the exhaust note from the V8 makes up for it.lol

Yeah I'm not sold on the colour yet. I went to see an S4 in Bradford which was the same colour as my old one. It is the only S4 Avant I've seen in that colour blue. It was a one owner 99k miles car, it looked really good but the dual mass flywheel was wobbling and it had a miss fire :(
The V8 more than makes up for it though. I now live for tunnels and underpasses :)

Reactions: Welshquattro
Just a couple of pictures on my way home today and a cheeky little sound clip
ec7237e5a6732d350543884be75794f0.jpg

5447edc31543ab7b2b39075fc3dde118.jpg

Reactions: technics100, Spacecowboy, DJ_26 and 7 others
Couple of little bits done tonight. Removed the rear S4 badge and painted the grille surrounds satin black.

cb593e29d8e96ccabeae1425991ce09c.jpg

cf41dbd97872bd0c5a4f3b85666a2818.jpg

Reactions: Welshquattro
Awesome motor mate and that V8 sound! You might as well give the stereo away coz I doubt you ever listen to it lol.
Is your old Audi still advertised anywhere mate?

Awesome motor mate and that V8 sound! You might as well give the stereo away coz I doubt you ever listen to it lol.
Is your old Audi still advertised anywhere mate?

Your not wrong, the Bose does sound good but it doesn't beat the V8. My old car sold within a couple of days of advertising it.

love the bebadged look did the same with mine. and that grill gives a stealth look.

WP 20151124 003

I would love a V8 Audi, the thought sends me tingles but I can't afford it so this has to do.

Reactions: mattmanwrx and Greeny233
that a nice ride gen 5 celica. had a gen 4 for a while.pretty quick car and dont handle too bad either.

The upgrades and fixes are coming thick and fast at the moment. My rear wiper is on the fritz and I can't be ***** to buy a replacement so I got rid of it today and blanked off the hole in the window. The little plastic elbow in the air intake pipe which runs to the brake servo had broken and the pipe it fits into had split but they are NLA from Audi so ordered a 8mm barbed plastic elbow and an 8mm 90degree silicone elbow to replace them and it worked a treat and only cost a tenner. Also replaced all the interior lights, puddle lights with LED's and the registration lights too.
7d7f1edea069937814d61feeb86cb573.jpg

e2339fff9be99aa209ffa30f04b6aebb.jpg

27537b6b5a1cf01f36acc269f8823c3a.jpg

Replaced all the interior, puddle and registration lights with LED's which has made a massive difference.
e2f7b76f4d355723a0214648e3518acb.jpg

9e500bdd79bf07cb8cdc5edceb64f7bc.jpg

0f8dd2bac02bedc612374f491f1ed489.jpg

Reactions: quattrojames
I got a kit off eBay and I got some Halfords ones for Xmas. I have to say the Halfords festoon type bulbs are better than the eBay ones but the eBay 501 bulbs are better than the Halfords ones so i mixed and matched a bit :) They all work fine except for the ones in the doors. I could only fit one LED in the doors because when I replaced both the under door light and the red end of door light the canbus said 'no' and switched both of them off, thought I'd blown a fuse initially but it did it on a couple of doors. I really like the end result.

thats cool mate. ive only got the ones in the side and not underneath, so hope i dont have the same problem as you did. what bulbs are in the red side markers?

It's looking damn fine greeny.. love the sound clip.. lmfao... u must giggle everytime u blip the throttle.. did my grille today.. those led's r proper bright.. think i may have to make a purchase..

Just a little update. The side lights on my S4 had mini halogen bulbs in rather than the 501 capless bulbs so getting LED side lights was a problem. Popped to the scrap yard today and picked up some bulb holders out of an A3 and cut the old bulb holders off and soldered the new ones in and fitted some LED side lights. Also I touched up all the rusty bolts on the slam panel (OCD) and put some RainX on the windows.

c417f553178a009344930659dfa95a79.jpg

Always amazed how well it works.

Reactions: Mike.M
It's awesome stuff, the quicker u go the clearer ur view is, I very rarely use my wipers to be honest..

All I can here is rain.....! it's drowning out the v8!! Lol

Couple of little updates today. Got a new heater control panel to replace the tired and worn original one. The new one came from an RS4, the only difference is there is no 'off' button, it has a recirculation button with an 'A' (not sure what it does), I fitted it this evening and everything except the heated rear screen works, it lights up for a second then goes off. I had a problem with the heated screen with the old unit, when I would turn the heated screen on with the radio on it would cause interference but i've been told thats more than likely a bad earth in the boot. So tomorrow I will strip the new and old one down and just swop the buttons over. I also managed to get the missing rear engine cover which covers the oil filter and throttle body.

Well, I've just been in the garage and swopped over the facia panels on the heater control panel and just swopped the 'off' button over. It's a pretty straight forward job.