Greeny's New Motor

Greeny233

It's all about the V8.
Reaction score
Well the time has come to get rid of the old A4 diesel avant and trade up to something a bit quicker, so today I put a deposit on an 2003 S4 Avant. I love my A4 and if I could have fitted it with a 4.2 V8 I would have done but it's easier to sell it on and buy a proper one (it's in the classifieds and on the Trader)
The one I've bought is silver with full cream leather, rear door blinds, ski hatch, refrigerated glove box and sat nav. It also has a cat back un-resonated stainless exhaust (unknown brand but it sounds amazing), lowering springs, 18" RS6 rims and drilled and grooved discs other than that its pretty stock, the body and paint is pristine but the dash and interior needs little tidying, which is fine. I'll be picking it up in the next couple of days as soon as I do i'll get some pictures up.

Reactions: DieselJake, ruffrida and mattyboyc
Has someone had their stilettos on the dash getting happy at the sound of a V8 ?

Reactions: Greeny233 and desertstorm
Ultimate Christmas pressie to urself... looking forward to seeing what u have in store for this..

Reactions: Greeny233
Well the time has come to get rid of the old A4 diesel avant and trade up to something a bit quicker, so today I put a deposit on an 2003 S4 Avant. I love my A4 and if I could have fitted it with a 4.2 V8 I would have done but it's easier to sell it on and buy a proper one (it's in the classifieds and on the Trader)
The one I've bought is silver with full cream leather, rear door blinds, ski hatch, refrigerated glove box and sat nav. It also has a cat back un-resonated stainless exhaust (unknown brand but it sounds amazing), lowering springs, 18" RS6 rims and drilled and grooved discs other than that its pretty stock, the body and paint is pristine but the dash and interior needs little tidying, which is fine. I'll be picking it up in the next couple of days as soon as I do i'll get some pictures up.

You will regret the fuel bills but you will love the noise every time you boot it ! In my oppinion the b6 s4 with a manual gearbox and remap is one of the best cars out of the box for practicality and road holding + is so under rated- a true wolf in sheeps clothing ! I always get the odd boy racer trying to give mine a run for the money especially when i am cruising along...only car that surprised me so far was a new merc AMG new model with 350 Bhp- power to weight ratio was in his favor ! You should have told me you're after a s4, i have my souped up
saloon sitting for a few weeks not being driven due to lack of time and too many diesel cars in the stable !

Nice choise and also floating with selling mine.

I have been looking at the 8P2 S3 or the S4 too.......interested in the updates :)

Picking the new motor up tomorrow, first stop is for 4 x new tyres (Toyo Proxes) and some Miltek black ceramic tailpipes to get rid of the terrible 4" baked bean can sized tailpipes. I want to replace the heater control unit as its showing signs of wear, get the seats cleaned and fit all my carbon fibre trim.
Plans are to keep it fairly standard. I'd like to get hold of some original S4 wheels to replace the RS6 reps and fit some Eibach springs as its not been lowered as I thought. The cam covers have been painted black and look terrible so I want to remove them and get them done in wrinkle finish red a la RS4.

Reactions: Sandra
Picking the new motor up tomorrow, first stop is for 4 x new tyres (Toyo Proxes) and some Miltek black ceramic tailpipes to get rid of the terrible 4" baked bean can sized tailpipes. I want to replace the heater control unit as its showing signs of wear, get the seats cleaned and fit all my carbon fibre trim.
Plans are to keep it fairly standard. I'd like to get hold of some original S4 wheels to replace the RS6 reps and fit some Eibach springs as its not been lowered as I thought. The cam covers have been painted black and look terrible so I want to remove them and get them done in wrinkle finish red a la RS4.
We will look forward to the pics when you collect it. Enjoy the change. :) x

Cant wait to see the new toy, that wallet soon going be empty with the mpg, but will sound awesome doing it lol

It will be worth every trip to the petrol station,enjoy.

Sounds great pal, looking forward to photos also. Just so you know, I was running toyo proxes T1R on my 18"s and they make a horrible grinding noise up front which sounds like knackered discs. Think it's due to the tread pattern.

Well haven't had chance to get any pictures yet as it hasn't stopped raining and I haven't stopped driving :)
Made a couple of purchases, had 4 x Falken tyres fitted yesterday and managed to drop on a set of really clean original S4 rims with good tyres for £200 today. I've also swoped in my carbon fibre interior trim to as the car only had the silver fish scale trims. I'm going to have a set of H&R springs done the first week in January.

80f534dcc63cc4b7357be926a396aed9.jpg

Reactions: AlexA4Avant
Well it stopped raining long enough for me to give the car a good valet today. So here it is.
780bace8c833678eaf605b8b1a30c4d3.jpg

f56b489e93784cd210a8ff57c8aaca00.jpg

6ea66a80b2dbb277de0fa370c288021f.jpg

11ecb32aef7507beb0bdcb64ce223b24.jpg

1543c64a514dd7ee1c9d402f6d6d416d.jpg

e121a662607e7360e3ec5823b33c2ceb.jpg

f625e2d1d62762db6fd2a92d93964c26.jpg

147b6c950a362456c3a15c6af15d8ac7.jpg

The 18" RS6 wheels will be coming off tomorrow in favour of the standard six spoke wheels.

Reactions: barkclark
Looks like a lovely example bud.. it's a jump I've been thinking of making myself,, I don't do massive miles so I think I can justify the extra fuel cost.. in truth theyre probably not much worse off than my bex 1.8t..

Looks like a lovely example bud.. it's a jump I've been thinking of making myself,, I don't do massive miles so I think I can justify the extra fuel cost.. in truth theyre probably not much worse off than my bex 1.8t..

It's a massive jump from the diesel but considering the S4 is based on the same car I can't believe how much difference there is,it feels so much 'tighter' than my old diesel. The fuel consumption is terrible, it's only averaging 18-20mpg and at best on the motorway journey home 27mpg. Other things to consider are servicing costs. I changed the oil and filter today and it takes 9ltrs! of fully synthetic 5w30 which is near as dam it £10 a litre if not more and £15 for an oil filter and to be safe needs changing every 5000miles.
That all being said every time I turn the key that V8 makes me giggle.

Reactions: DrStrange and jimbob79
Just a quick picture today after fitting the original wheels.

c1b25f4208c54f6a6b1c2cf7139821bc.jpg

Reactions: AlexA4Avant
Lovely looking motor mate, will look even better once you've got rid of those tailpipes. Wouldn't worry about the MPG, petrol price is still going south - V8's for all!

You're definitely getting your servicing bits from the premium places .

Oil less than £4.80 per litre .
Mann oil filter £11.17 from ECP.

well if it was me i'd be putting premium parts on a premium vehicle thats for sure.

Hope your enjoying the new motor Greeny :greyrs4::yahoo:

I can assure you if its come from ECP its doubtful its what it says it is on the box.

No Gazwould that Gaz'wouldnt be a fake. I work very closely with alot of ECP trade customers and on numerous ocassions they have received "non descript" items in branded packaging thats all i meant. Sorry for offending you.

Callipers painted today, couldn't decide on red or silver but red won out in the end.
436b2876420be4f14e3c3f8e228446eb.jpg

53a96c4c457cfc277c32e94b486191f6.jpg

Gave the car a good wash, polish and wax. I think it's the first time in a while it's had a coat of wax. The second I finished the heavens opened :eek:(

00076ff4091f208c08cf561117a7b5fc.jpg

084903ea43bc3ec2c260ab2b78f23b71.jpg

Reactions: jimbob79, quattrojames and pauldazzle
Lovely looking motor mate, will look even better once you've got rid of those tailpipes. Wouldn't worry about the MPG, petrol price is still going south - V8's for all!

Your not wrong, the tailpipes are way too 'boy racer'. I'm planning on having some black 3.5" Miltek tail pipes to make it look a little less like a wheel barrow LOL

I only paid £3.50 a litre for the oil from my best mate who has his own garage but if you buy From Halfrauds or similar then the oil is extortionately priced.

:puke2:Halfrauds
Quantum Longlife 5l is about £28 & Quantum Platinum is £24ish from TPS.

Last edited:
Very nice! Always thought an S4 would look better with RS6 alloys but your pictures have proved me wrong.

The fuel consumption is terrible, it's only averaging 18-20mpg and at best on the motorway journey home 27mpg.
Wow that really isnt bad considering its a 4.2 v8, compared to my 2.4 v6 which my last tank of fuel averaged 21.5mpg for the extra power and sound i would be more than happy with that, really thinking of ditching the 2.4 and going s4 but the price jump is massive and a little out of my budget at the moment!!

What's the road tax on a S4?

Yes £290 for 12months

Wow that really isnt bad considering its a 4.2 v8, compared to my 2.4 v6 which my last tank of fuel averaged 21.5mpg for the extra power and sound i would be more than happy with that, really thinking of ditching the 2.4 and going s4 but the price jump is massive and a little out of my budget at the moment!!

Actually its averaging 17mpg at the moment but that is mainly town driving. On the drive home from Leeds it managed 28mpg.

Very nice! Always thought an S4 would look better with RS6 alloys but your pictures have proved me wrong.

I only really like the RS6 wheels in 19" the 18's just look too small.