Grille question

Lee_R

Does anyone know if the chrome surround on the single frame grilles is easily removable?

Don76

Not sure about the single frame - But if it's anything like the double grill, then it's easily removed. However, the clips that hold it in place a very fragile!!

mike60eley

Does anyone know if the chrome surround on the single frame grilles is easily removable?
Just unclips around the edges, takes about 10 mins. I did this to my spare grille with the black surround.

Lee_R

Yeah it was a bit of a pain to remove but i did it after much jiggin about with the screw driver!

and no you cant buy a black surround, i tried but theres no part number for it, the grille comes complete including the surround and audi rings.

The normal grilles have a built in number plate holder aswell but the S line ones come with a seperate piece. I think its so you can change the plate for different country spec sizes.

mike60eley

can you buy a black front grille surround on its own? rather than the whole front grille?
Yea you can, but there is only a small difference in price i got a quote from SHREWSBURY AUDI last year for about £90.00 for black optics grille and £25 for the plate holder.

tom-craig@hotmail.co.uk

took me 20 minites last fri nite to change my grill ,bourght a second hand standard grill £10.00 flea bay 25 to paint as long as you are carefull it is quite easy swap there are 3 plastic screws mid way down that you have to brake off :p