Group Buy feeler Alpine X701D-A4R

How are folks finding this (those who have had it fitted)?

Reactions: sky blue sam
Ended up buying one thanks to this post

Cheers!

Hi Guys

Hope everyone who has a system fitted is getting on well with it! :)

Just a heads up:

I Have a complete A4/A5 system with DVD drive for sale at a discounted price!

It was fitted to a customers demo car for 3 months, but he has now sold the vehicle, hence the reason for sale.

Its as new, boxed with everything, ready to fit.

I am able to offer this for £850 all in delivered within the UK. This is a private sale.

Any questions, please PM me

Mitch

Hi Guys

Just a heads up:

It was fitted to a customers demo car for 3 months, but he has now sold the vehicle, hence the reason for sale.

I am able to offer this for £850 all in delivered within the UK. This is a private sale.

Mitch

Will PM you Mitch

Hi Guys

Just a heads up:

Mitch

Very interested... only question I have is it it possible to change the LED illumination colour, obviously it's designed to be red to match the rest of the interior leds, however we are just about to have all interior leds changed to purple and would want this to match

Also is the fascia plate available in gloss black?

Thanks
Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very interested... only question I have is it it possible to change the LED illumination colour, obviously it's designed to be red to match the rest of the interior leds, however we are just about to have all interior leds changed to purple and would want this to match

Also is the fascia plate available in gloss black?

Thanks
Steve

Hi Steve

The illumination colour is only red I'm afraid.

The LEDs could be changed to purple of you found the correct fitting ones.

The Trim only comes in the Matt black finish, but can be painted any colour to match.

I have had people hydro dip them too

Reactions: AU11 ALS
Hi Steve

The illumination colour is only red I'm afraid.

The LEDs could be changed to purple of you found the correct fitting ones.

The Trim only comes in the Matt black finish, but can be painted any colour to match.

I have had people hydro dip them too

Thanks Mitch, just checking if the company doing the led conversion is happy to do the same on this unit. They've asked if it's possible to advise what LEDs are used?

Is fitting fairly diy, or is professional fitting required? I've recently fitted a pioneer unit in my B7 using the appropriate adapters

No worries

Fitting is straight forward if you know how the dash comes apart etc. It's all plug and play.

The LEDS are a surface mount one, I know no more details I'm afraid.

The Alpine service centre could modify the LEDs for you, not sure how much it would be but worth asking them.

Mitch

Reactions: AU11 ALS
Thanks Mitch, I'll take the unit please. Thinking about adding the rear cam option as well, would like front sensors but can't see them as an option?

PM me the details please

Thanks
Steve

Well we've had this fitted for a little over a week and I love it, sound has livened up the B&O system already in the car. Nav simple and easy to use with clear instructions and now we've got used to using the controls simple as well. Very pleased

3fa7cc29e62b00143cd85f7c5640989b.jpg

a90830f9f372f5229e3fa862c35c78eb.jpg

38fecd7f1b7684bc6bd032d72d8bbc95.jpg

I had the additional fascia sprayed gloss black to match the other bits we had previously had sprayed and it came out well

Today's job is to fit the rear camera and connect up both front and rear to help with parking in our dark close...

Then next week the car is off to EM Tuning for a complete internal LED change, everything currently red will be changing and hopefully a couple of little extra things too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: feva and Sandra
Very interested in this system for my 2011 Q5 - what all bits are needed for the reverse camera?

The Q5 already has Bluetooth, DAB and B&O speakers

I’d quite fancy sourcing the parts myself and have an audio company install

I have had this unit fitted as well as the Alpine front and rear camera. I have a full write up that i'm working on that i'll post soon. A4 B8.5, 2012

In short, make sure you the correct splitter box - kcx-c250mc (https://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/camera58/kcx-c250mc) and ensure all images are of good resolution once fitted. You should not end up with a physical button to change views. i've had a bit of a 6 month nightmare caused half because of Alpine and half due to the audio fitter. Also, the front camera needs an adapter to fit the splitter box. I have the incorrect splitter box and a crappy button to change the camera views

I do like the head unit with the rear camera, amazing images and the left/right view was awesome. The problems occurred when adding the front. The head unit itself does have some issues in terms of navigation.

Will have all details in the full write up.

Last edited:
Well we've had this fitted for a little over a week and I love it, sound has livened up the B&O system already in the car. Nav simple and easy to use with clear instructions and now we've got used to using the controls simple as well. Very pleased

3fa7cc29e62b00143cd85f7c5640989b.jpg

a90830f9f372f5229e3fa862c35c78eb.jpg

38fecd7f1b7684bc6bd032d72d8bbc95.jpg

I had the additional fascia sprayed gloss black to match the other bits we had previously had sprayed and it came out well

Today's job is to fit the rear camera and connect up both front and rear to help with parking in our dark close...

Then next week the car is off to EM Tuning for a complete internal LED change, everything currently red will be changing and hopefully a couple of little extra things too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks great, however my facia replacement around the screen is a horrible thin plastic and has a matt finish, yours is very much shiny! Is this a mod you have done yourself?

Also, the main volume control, it feels extremely light and not what i'd expect from such an expensive unit. Wondering if i can replace it...

Looks great, however my facia replacement around the screen is a horrible thin plastic and has a matt finish, yours is very much shiny! Is this a mod you have done yourself?

Also, the main volume control, it feels extremely light and not what i'd expect from such an expensive unit. Wondering if i can replace it...

He says:

"I had the additional fascia sprayed gloss black to match the other bits we had previously had sprayed and it came out well"