Gtechniq sealants on white cars ;)

Kelza

Staff member
Reaction score
Love using gtechniq products ,been using c2v2 and c1.5v2 spray on sealants and will be getting c2v3 and exov2 when its out at the end of the month.I,ve tried most other brands ,waxes etc but gtechniq works well for me ,for the ease of application and works best for my ibis rs3 :) when its dirty simply pressure wash,then 2bm, with ph neutral shampoo,then pressure wash, job done ,should easy see 6months+ protection on one application....
9affa8db167500882f0bda7a48b229ae_zps6cdb929e.jpg

5d1b916985ba5ecd90c821b7d74a98cf_zpsd6bd2943.jpg

579c20395bf94e854b80ccc7957a93cf_zps1a447935.jpg

8882252e7013c2736c19db22345491bc_zpse301bd23.jpg

3 weeks on from when it was applied ,:)

Last edited:
I'll be going this route as well as my local detailer has done a Suzuka TT-RS with this and the results are good. Paint correction first and then application. Just need to work out the best product to apply over Venturshield and how to get it looking its best before application which I am hoping will be the same.

I've been using C2 for over two years ... and don't use anything else now :yes:

I use it as a Quick Detailing Spray ... it is also a fantastic sealant in it's own right but you can dilute it down with water at 1:20 to use as a QD spray which tops up the sealant too. Works great on paint, glass, black trim, alloys .. everything really. Very easy to apply and buff off with no smearing.

It's particularly good for white too over the long term, due to it's UV blocking and non-yellowing properties.

Exterior Coatings // G|Techniq

I've just received a sample of the new Version 3 ... will be trying it out soon.

Gtechniq do produce some great stuff and some is used by Formula 1 teams, in particular Force India ... so you're in good company
smiley.gif

Timeline Photos | Facebook

This was Mrs G's 3 year old white Megane after two years of C2 top ups on paint, glass, alloys and all black trim ... the car was never garaged, and that's Renault paint !

Img_2163b.jpg

As you can tell ... I'm a bit of a Gtechniq fan !! :anbet:

Last edited:
Looking forward to trying out c2v3 and evov2 :)

I too have been looking into purchasing this stuff, When applying it just about every thread in detailing world has stated that you can apply it to just about anything ?

So here i my question when applying it to trim and glass do you apply and buff off in the same way ? With the trims in particular do you apply a trim touch up first and then the C2V3 ?

cheeers

Hi yes you can apply it to everything as most sealants ,and yes you would need to apply c4 first to bring out the colour if its faded if its not just add c1,exov2 or c2v3 ...i,m trying out wolfs hard body at the moment as i bought it ages ago and wanted to try it ,and sv shield wax just to see what lasts the best ,sealants seen to keep the beading very tight ,which i like best ...

Reactions: Wilonso
69cb5cae17be934cf8ee7fa24d11a11a_zps05fe8cb8.jpg

de405d00e7535407d6fb043d8b2a7af8_zps83432c35.jpg

Beads supplied free of charge, N8 at Kowalski detailing.......

This is 16 days when applied ,both products ...really wanted to try exov2 and c1 so will try these products later on...

The colour of your car is sexy as :) beading is first class ...you got a beading picture of the roof?

mate....... I'm clueless, just like the shiny shiny....... Beading is dangerous as I watch it all over the windows when I'm driving.
No wipers required up to 40mph....... Learned to love the rain:laugh: Since when did you become a moderator, you utter b@stard:kiss:

mate....... I'm clueless, just like the shiny shiny....... Beading is dangerous as I watch it all over the windows when I'm driving.
No wipers required up to 40mph....... Learned to love the rain:laugh: Since when did you become a moderator, you utter b@stard:kiss:
lol last week this is my second home ;)

Yeah i got g1 all over my car windows lovely stuff :)

lol last week this is my second home ;)

RS3 representation at management level mmmmmm..... could make this work in our favour for a change, don't go missing when I get in trouble. Which as you know is often:laugh:

Reactions: wickedstef, Kelza and RYes3
So this stuff will work on plastics and rubber seals? Nothing more annoying when you wash your car and the rubber seals look pants!

I have some autoglym gel for that but its a complete PITA to apply!

Tbh i,ve move away from ag there are some fantastic products out there ,try Auto Finesse Revive 'Trim Dressing', or C4 Permanent Trim Restorer,with c2v3 gtechniq to seal it all in ,just spray the c2v3 wipe on and buff off....

Never heard of this g spot stuff, but it sounds like its it might be worth trying?

I'm a rain-x man on the windows and then I use chemical guys sealant and waxes... works pretty well tbh...

after having seen how good the carriers come up after a polish, that's my aim when things dry a bit...

Just bought armour all shield which I've only tried on the bonnet and it works rather well... will do the whole car soon and post results... take it this gtechniq is pricey but good...?

Rain-x is good but does not last to long where as g1 will last 2 years....

Thanks Rs3kel sounds like its worth giving a go!

Ahh fellow car cleaning geeks, love it... I'm not alone:friends:

Reactions: Kelza
GTechniq fan here too.
Just ordered EXOv2 and also received C2v3 last week. Hope to get them on the cars in the next couple of weeks. Really is easy maintenance once you've done it with these type of products. :yes:

Reactions: Kelza
Thanks Rs3kel sounds like its worth giving a go!

Ahh fellow car cleaning geeks, love it... I'm not alone:friends:
i was going crazy when i joined detailing world buying everything , i had to stop ,see what i really needed and keep it at that ,still got far too much stuff now..

GTechniq fan here too.
Just ordered EXOv2 and also received C2v3 last week. Hope to get them on the cars in the next couple of weeks. Really is easy maintenance once you've done it with these type of products. :yes:
i loved c2v2 and c1.5v2 ,but looking forward to trying c2v3 and exov2.. :)

i was going crazy when i joined detailing world buying everything , i had to stop ,see what i really needed and keep it at that ,still got far too much stuff now..

That's the norm, I did the same a few years ago. Ended up buying then subsequently selling a whole load of stuff on there. Now, I just look for easy maintenance products with minimal effort as I don't have the time to spend 4-5 hours cleaning the car - hence GTech fits my needs perfectly.

Once a year I'll give the car a going over with my old skool Porter Cable (110v US version:rock:) but even then, I now have a range of pads (Megs) and polishes (Menz) that I'm happy with and have managed to avoid following the trend and buying up the latest shaped foam pads etc...........that said, I think I will get the Megs MF pads system soon :laugh:

i loved c2v2 and c1.5v2 ,but looking forward to trying c2v3 and exov2.. :)

See that is going to be my only potential complaint about G-Techniq, they are going the same way as Chemcial Guys etc in having a myriad of products that all seem to do more or less the same whereas when they started out they had 5 or 6 products each doing a different thng and you knew where you were. If they have improved the formulation then fine, just keep the original name and say improved formula. It's not like if you look at C2v3 you are going to think, actually I don't want the best version, I'll go with the inferior v1?

Must also say have my doubts about C5 on the matt satin finish rotors and on diamond polished surfaces as it doesn't seem to adhere well and last as long. I had to take my DAS6-Pro to the wheels after AG custom wheel cleaner, Iron-x, clay and HD cleanse before I got the results I normally get on standard powder coated wheels. Two coats of C5 this time, we'll see how it lasts.

Hi p_g lets know how long you ge out c5 as i will be getting some soon...
hi jonnyg how did you get on with c2v3 ;)

The C2v3 is great ... everyone is reporting a very slick and silky finish and can't stop touching their cars !! :sm4:

Thats great news ,when i first tried c2v2 the feel of the car was like silk ;)

Thats great news ,when i first tried c2v2 the feel of the car was like silk ;)
Guys, having overheard comments last week in Ruthin I too purchased 500ml of C2V3, arrived Saturday. I mixed 50ml 1:1 with clean water then sprayed and polished both the RS3 and TT bodies and glass; and wow! What an amazingly easy process to get a stunning finish. Spray on, spread/rub-in with one micro fibre cloth and polish off with a second/third micro fibre cloth. Glass and all! Finish is amazing; and I do have lots of experience polishing cars. My recommendation? Get some!

OK, now the BAD news. I actually used the same mix/process (spray/wipe/polish) to clean my downstairs windows and PVC frames! Sorry! Sorry, guys, but there it is… And again, an amazingly good, quick, and smear free finish.

Well done to GTECHNIQ, C2V3 really does provide an easily achievable stunning finish.

Reactions: JonnyG and Kelza
Hi john excellent news on the c2v3 ,also try it neat, run your finger over a part of the car ,its silky soft ;)

Last edited: