Administrators

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Announcement by Autometrix

A new beginning for GTI International at the Shakespeare County Raceway near Stratford on Avon

• Outstanding safety for sprint spectators with grandstand seating for 3,000
  • Sprinting on one of the best tracks in Europe
  • New low prices
  • All the usual GTI International attractions

For the past eight years, GTI International has been held at Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground in Leicestershire. Although one of the most successful of the series, this year’s event was marred by an accident on the Sprint which resulted in three spectators being injured.

We don’t want anything like this ever to happen again and so we are moving GTI International 2013 to the Shakespeare County Raceway, near Stratford on Avon, one of Britain’s top drag racing venues. With full MSA accreditation, full-time medical centre, extremely experienced staff and a wonderful smooth and level surface, sprinting at GTI International will be faster, and much safer, than ever before.

It won’t be just about the Sprint, though. All the usual attractions of GTI International will be there: massive trade area, Handling Arena, Show ‘n’ Shine and a huge camping area with a section for those who want more peace and quiet.

And, if your partner is not too interested in cars, Stratford on Avon, one of the country’s great tourist destinations and full of shops, is only 10 minutes drive away and, alongside the Raceway, you’ll be able to visit a well-established Sunday market.

We are delighted to say that our arrangements with the Raceway mean that we are able to reduce all the costs of attending GTI International 2013.

Entry to the Show on the day will cost £15 instead of £20 and this comes down even further, to £12.50, if you book in advance. And, as a special Christmas offer, the day tickets will be available for just £10 for a limited weekend in December.

We’ve also brought down the cost of camping. For one night, this will be £35 and, for two nights, £40, these prices including entry to the show. These prices come down to £29 and £33.50 if you book in advance and the special Christmas offer brings these prices down even further to £23.50 and £27 respectively!

Sprint prices are also down, compared to recent years, despite the fact that the track itself is far superior to the runway at Bruntingthorpe and the timing system gives much more information to each competitor.

A single Sprint run will now cost £5 and a ticket for a half day, with as many runs as you can pack in, will cost £15. A full day’s sprinting, again packing in as many runs as you can manage, will cost £25 and a full weekend’s sprinting will be £40.

All of these measures are designed to make GTI International safer, less expensive and more enjoyable than ever before.

You will be able to find out more and more about GTI International 2013 from the website and in the pages of Volkswagen and Audi Driver magazines, or you can contact us on 01525 750 500, or e-mail us on gti@autometrix.co.uk

Don't forget to get your ticket this weekend to save about £13 on entry and camping ticket.

I know its 7 months away and could be hard to say if you are going or not but I think its worth buying them and then seeing if you can make it, if you can't, sell our tickets at a slight profit but also cheaper than the prices at the time.
Its a win win all round :)

That's what I'm doing.

Was about to post this up, but looks like you beat me to it :)

Yep, received the email about this yesterday and I shall be purchasing a weekend ticket with camping this weekend. Hard to say no for that price.

Doesn't come as a surprise given what happened last year, and it's great to see the cost reduced too. However I shall miss the boy-ish excitement of nailing it down the runway and round the sweeping left hander as you arrived at the old venue! In fact I think that was my favourite part of the event last year.

Oh no, hang on, the AS.net barbeque and our shanty-town rain shelter that was built by Westy, StaceyS3 and Superkarl took those honours! Quality.

Yep, received the email about this yesterday and I shall be purchasing a weekend ticket with camping this weekend. Hard to say no for that price.

Doesn't come as a surprise given what happened last year, and it's great to see the cost reduced too. However I shall miss the boy-ish excitement of nailing it down the runway and round the sweeping left hander as you arrived at the old venue! In fact I think that was my favourite part of the event last year.

Oh no, hang on, the AS.net barbeque and our shanty-town rain shelter that was built by Westy, StaceyS3 and Superkarl took those honours! Quality.

Hahah, trying to sort that out and with our umbrellas.
I was also quicker than Stacy................For a little bit.

It was a good meet really.

This year its in July, so hopefully the weather will be better.

I'm debating to bring my pop garage/tent/gazebo but I might wait till the friday and see what the weather is like but my awning should be ready then any way. so we might have a little bit of cover.

£27 tickets on sale now.
Just bought mine.

Don't forget to select the ASN stand passes as well.
we are A-B, so the first drop down box.

Just read this in VW Driver at work. Great Move tbh. Shakey has a great track. Facilities arent quite as good or plentiful like pod but then its not as cold and windy as pod lol. They have a purpose build bar instead of a tent or lorry which is the main thing lol.

Will book my ticket earlyish next year.

Tickets booked early for £27! might need to invest in a bigger tent next year... Lasts years one was poor - 2 man tent my A***

Just purchased my tickets.

I've booked the Friday off work for an all day car cleaning sesh then I'll head to the campsite. Camping all weekend like last year, roll on the good times. If the weather is half decent it'll be a quality weekend.

Reactions: CHEZ and ScottD3
Yet he will still be there before us!

Reactions: ScottD3 and Westy
Ordering mine on payday. Full weekend. Friday is booked so yeah a clean up and get underway, park up and get on it!

Reactions: Westy