GTI International Camping Discussion

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
a little thread to talk about camping at Inters for the people thats camping.

Whos taking what, where we meeting and erm....what we drinking. lol

I got a 74 quarts chest cool box that i'm taking.
I should be getting two boxes of ginsters pasties, rolls and what ever else is in the boxes.

As for BBQ items. I've not really thought about it.
I'll take some of them little disposables BBQs, not sure what else.

I'm brining a rickety old wooden stand thing that we can use as a disposable BBQ stand which I'm sure someone else said they would bring.

I think we should all bring whatever meat we want to eat on the BBQ.

Is it worth the Friday lot all meeting at a supermarket so we could all buy together?

I'm brining a rickety old wooden stand thing that we can use as a disposable BBQ stand which I'm sure someone else said they would bring.

I think we should all bring whatever meat we want to eat on the BBQ.

Is it worth the Friday lot all meeting at a supermarket so we could all buy together?

How rickety is it?

I like the idea of going shopping together, good place to meet up as well and make sure we all camp together.
Is there any shops near inters?

Sounds like a plan guys but just want to know generally hiw secure is the campsite?

Is it like a music festival :( ?

Basically would I be mad to bring a bivvy bed chair etc or leave anything of any value in the tent whilst at the clubstand or doing runs?

Just not entirely sure what to expect lol ;)

Sounds like a plan guys but just want to know generally hiw secure is the campsite?

Is it like a music festival :( ?

Basically would I be mad to bring a bivvy bed chair etc or leave anything of any value in the tent whilst at the clubstand or doing runs?

Just not entirely sure what to expect lol ;)

The camp site has security.
If you don't have a camping wrist band you can't get in to the camp site.

I'm taking a top box which should be relatively empty during the day, so I'm happy to store stuff in it while we are away from the camp site or when people are doing runs.

I have just bought a nice tent and tried to put it up in my garden but it was too big for my little lawn LOL!!! Its this:- Trinity 6 Tent | Gelert

Thought I would get 6 man so I can use it with family after. Lots of room if anyone wants to crash :)

I have just bought a nice tent and tried to put it up in my garden but it was too big for my little lawn LOL!!! Its this:- Trinity 6 Tent | Gelert

Thought I would get 6 man so I can use it with family after. Lots of room if anyone wants to crash :)

****** hell thats massive. lol
We might have to remove some of our tents to make room for yours. :)

If its raining, I'm getting your tent. I hate putting away a wet tent. lol

Reactions: slydog18
Im bringing a big coolbox too so if anybody needs to store stuff its there for you. As I will be arriving later Il miss the supermarket sweep lol so I'm bringing sausages bacon bread and eggs, if anyone thinks of other useful stuff I can bring please add.

Thanks, Chris.

I'm bringing:
Tent
S3
Box of detailing stuff (can't help it)
Me
Brolly
Food
Tea bags, stove and kettle
Beer
Coat
Phone
Sun-cream and hat.

Think that's about it.

So far on my table ready to be packed is:=-
Chest cool box.
Tent x2
Chair
Camera
Pump
Air bed
slek bag
Porsche Caps
none frozen freezer packs (freezer is broken)

This week I should pick up some pasties, cider, coke and erm.....thats it. lol
Unless any one wants me to get some burgers, sausages, buns or any thing else that we might require.

So far I have

Myself lol
S3
Tent
Bedding
Pump
Stove
Kettle
Frying pan
Camera
Cup
Cutlery
Coolbox
Frozen ice blocks
Plate
T-bags milk and sugar
VCDS
Gas for stove

Theres more just cant think, I'm tired been out all afternoon cleaning, claying, polishing, and waxing lol.

Chris.

So far I have

Myself lol
S3
Tent
Bedding
Pump
Stove
Kettle
Frying pan
Camera
Cup
Cutlery
Coolbox
Frozen ice blocks
Plate
T-bags milk and sugar
VCDS
Gas for stove

Theres more just cant think, I'm tired been out all afternoon cleaning, claying, polishing, and waxing lol.

Chris.

Laptop?

With all this food and BBQs we are taking. Any one got any thoughts or views on setting up a little BBQ area on the stand for dinner time munch?

Westy and any one else.
Going by Google, the closest supermarket is in Lutterworth bout 10mins from the site.

I'm happy to meet up here and for us all to get any food, drinks and such we need.
It looks like its a Waitrose, not sure if that's an issue for any one.

The camp site has security.
If you don't have a camping wrist band you can't get in to the camp site.

I'm taking a top box which should be relatively empty during the day, so I'm happy to store stuff in it while we are away from the camp site or when people are doing runs.

Cheers mate sounds good take it a bedchair will be a bit on the large side to fit in ;)

Westy and any one else.
Going by Google, the closest supermarket is in Lutterworth bout 10mins from the site.

I'm happy to meet up here and for us all to get any food, drinks and such we need.
It looks like its a Waitrose, not sure if that's an issue for any one.

Sounds like a plan ;)

I should all being well be meeting Westy at his an will follow him up

BBQ on the stand is a brilliant idea but I just get the feeling all the effort put in at the gym in the last few weeks is going to get destroyed in a couple of days lol :)

Cheers mate sounds good take it a bedchair will be a bit on the large side to fit in ;)

My roof box is 7'6" long mate. I think it will fit.

Sounds like a plan ;)

I should all being well be meeting Westy at his an will follow him up

BBQ on the stand is a brilliant idea but I just get the feeling all the effort put in at the gym in the last few weeks is going to get destroyed in a couple of days lol :)

The gates open at 16:30 on friday.
depending on what happens on thursday, I should get there bout 17:00.

I'm happy, if others are happy, to hang around waitrose till 18:00 to try and get as many ASN people together as possible.

My roof box is 7'6" long mate. I think it will fit.

The gates open at 16:30 on friday.
depending on what happens on thursday, I should get there bout 17:00.

I'm happy, if others are happy, to hang around waitrose till 18:00 to try and get as many ASN people together as possible.

Cheers mate :friends:

Juat seen the weather and doesn't look to pretty but I'm sure that will change many of times before the weekend comes :)

Anyone know if there is gonna be a tv to watch the footy? Might just buy a pctv dongle for my laptop if not.i

Footy? Not into ball games personally. I'll not be there until Sat lunchtime, so save me something off the BBQ!

I fitted my roof bars to my car last night and cleaned my roof box and removed the stickers.

My camping list is growing with more stuff I find that I could take or should take.
Mainly car bits for Reesy, some random bits I could sell (Porsche caps and Cup holders), Some tools, cutlery and I can't find my light, which I'm a little bit annoyed about but I got time, so I should find.

Got to stop off at Tesco and pick up some food, buns and Drink.
That's assuming we are all just bringing a random selection of munch and all share it?

I don't think I'm going to have time to pop to Ginsters and my mates are not working there this week, so that's really annoying. :(

Got to so much to do and almost no time to do any of the shopping.

:(

I don't think I'm going to have time to pop to Ginsters and my mates are not working there this week, so that's really annoying. :(
:(
No ginsters :faint:

So far on my list.

1 x gayby blue s3
1 x scouser
1 x sleeping bag
1 x roll mat
1x 20 pk beer
2x chuck away bbq's/ utensils
1 x fire lighter
need to get food yet ( Iceland BBQ bags=£5 ;) )
might still have some silver party trays to put food on to make it easier.

Anything else??? Scalextric lol

2 litres of teco cider, 2 litres of crofords ciders, 1 litre of scrumpy, 24x 440ml brothers pear, 12x lucozade, 40x capri-sun and 5 litres of water.​

IMAG0689-1.jpg

No ginsters :faint:

So far on my list.

1 x gayby blue s3
1 x Gay scouser
1 x sleeping bag
1 x roll mat
1x 20 pk beer
2x chuck away bbq's/ utensils
1 x fire lighter
need to get food yet ( Iceland BBQ bags=£5 ;) )
might still have some silver party trays to put food on to make it easier.

Anything else??? Scalextric lol

Might be a bit wet for the scalextric.
Did you find the Watts on it?

I just placed an order with tesco for the BBQ food with delivery tomorrow.

EDIT:=- ​I've corrected this for you Damo.

Last edited:
Yeah well, can't do much about the weather. Just going to venture into the loft to find the tent etc. Going to do the shopping on the way home from work tomorrow evening and I'll be joining you lot by Sat lunch-time. Whether it rains or shines I'm looking forward to it.

Scott - are you actually bringing anything to eat?

jeeeeeeesus christ scott, you cider swilling old man!

i've just got together

sleeping bag
camping mat
gas hob
2 camping tins/pans
2 awesome folding chairs complete with beer holders

going to try and dig out a massive fishing brolly, perfect for a bit of shelter

will also buy tomoro:
beer
bbq food
cocaine
speed
heroine
lsd
and some shrooms

Yeah well, can't do much about the weather. Just going to venture into the loft to find the tent etc. Going to do the shopping on the way home from work tomorrow evening and I'll be joining you lot by Sat lunch-time. Whether it rains or shines I'm looking forward to it.

Scott - are you actually bringing anything to eat?

I got some left over haribo in the car from last weekend.

I got tesco's delivering 24 beef quarter pounders, 20 BBQ flavour chicken wings, 28 cumberland sausages, 60 cheese slices, 36 rolls and 24 hot dog rolls.
That should be enough I think.

Any one bringing any form of big shelter or sorts to shelter us from the rain?
I've thought about mine but It wont fit in the car.

Yes Scott got the laptop too, Iv also been checking the weather it seems to change on an hourly basis I dont think it knows what its doing. I bought some eggs tonight just need the sausages and bacon which il pick up tomorrow afternoon. I have left my freezer blocks in the freezer at work so will give me a bit extra time before they melt.

Chris.

Scott you'll spend all weekend at the **** block!!!! and yeah but we'r for scalextric lol. I forgot to check tha wattage. My inverter is 400w off battery I think. It's in the car anyway so I bring that just in case.

I have I 6mx4m waterproof sheet we could lash up between tents to give us a good amount of shelter. we could all get under that. Might look like a bunch of pikeys like but wtf we'd be dry as a bone ;).