[Guide] Audi A3 8V Genuine LED Cupholder Retrofit

Hi All,

I hate to re-open this forum but i could do with some help please.

i have all the options coded through VCDS for background lighting (footwell, door and front) i have managed to wire the footwell lights to pin 72 T73C and operate control them through the MMI. i am struggling get the cupholder working i have tried T46B pin 2 to no luck.
i have a 2014 Audi 8V with bi-xenon Headlamps
any help would be appreciated.

thank you

Hi All,

I hate to re-open this forum but i could do with some help please.

i have all the options coded through VCDS for background lighting (footwell, door and front) i have managed to wire the footwell lights to pin 72 T73C and operate control them through the MMI. i am struggling get the cupholder working i have tried T46B pin 2 to no luck.
i have a 2014 Audi 8V with bi-xenon Headlamps
any help would be appreciated.

thank you
Did you also enable the cup holder check in the coding?

Did you also enable the cup holder check in the coding?
yeah on byte 17. The menu's appear on the mmi yet no lighting on pin 2 unless i change the adaption on lichtfunktion A9 to klemme 30. if i change it back to ambient 2 theres no lighting on the ring. when trying to carry out adaptions 09 the only issue i am incuring is that
i do not have the value
"interior light: light configuration-ambientemenue nit alle zonen"
this many be the cause and i may have to wire them to the cigarette light

cheers

yeah on byte 17. The menu's appear on the mmi yet no lighting on pin 2 unless i change the adaption on lichtfunktion A9 to klemme 30. if i change it back to ambient 2 theres no lighting on the ring. when trying to carry out adaptions 09 the only issue i am incuring is that
i do not have the value

cheers
Hi. So you do get cupholder to light up if you change to Klemme30G. If so then you just need to find happy lichtfunktion that works and adjust Lasttyp. Don’t have to keep as Ambient 2. Try with Ambient 1. Lasttyp 46 will work if others dont.

i do not have the value

cheers
You can change to T46b39- that is ambient light pin. use that as ambient 1 and lasttyp 46 to supply cupholder. Will work fine with mmi menu

Rather than cig socket even footwell supply is better. You can add footwell and ambient1 lichtfunktion to footwell supply

Rather than cig socket even footwell supply is better. You can add footwell and ambient1 lichtfunktion to footwell supply
Hi,

yeah I get power from pin 2 when on Klemme30
When changing it to any ambient it doesn’t work I will try pin 39 on T46B
Also What is lasttyp 46?
I have my footwell wired and that functions with the MMI it’s only the cup holder …
Thank you

Can anyone confirm whether it is possible to get access to the connector which plugs into the cigarette lighter?

I have made a plug and play harness piggy backs off the connector to power the cupholder led so no need for splicing or wiring to the BCM.

If anyone is up for trialing this then please drop me a message.
Hi... How did you make the plug and play harness piggy backs off the connector. What connectors did you use

Hi,

yeah I get power from pin 2 when on Klemme30
When changing it to any ambient it doesn’t work I will try pin 39 on T46B
Also What is lasttyp 46?
I have my footwell wired and that functions with the MMI it’s only the cup holder …
Thank you
Now i’m thinkin of it. Could it be that you actually did everything right , but the light (which is called “front” in the a3 8V) is switched to off in the MMI menu? This sounds weird but make sure everything is connected and set as original and check if the light setting is actually at 0

Hi... How did you make the plug and play harness piggy backs off the connector. What connectors did you use
Yes we successfully have made a sample and have been supplying these for a while now.

Yes we successfully have made a sample and have been supplying these for a while now.
Hi... If i go with this one, will the coding and what socket i need to connect to Instructions come with it ? Type A OEM Harness and LED Unit,

My car is Audi A3 8v 2017 facelift with led head light

Just did this today, all from rocketwire's...led + Piggy-back Harness, so you dont lose power to cigaret socket
DSC 0177

IMG 20230625 230020

Reactions: Sandra